shadowprincess

Tampons or Pads??

which one do u use?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. which one do u use?

• tampons
    • pads
    • both

Tampons!!! :thumbup1: It's much much cleaner, no worries of leakage, can wear anything u want, anytime.

Just that with tampons, u just have to be more knowledgable. Use the right one for the right flow and guarantee no leakage. Change your tampon every 6 hourly to prevent TSS (toxic shock syndrome). That's the biggest concern with using the tampons. U can stretched to 12 hours but not reccomended.

It can be pretty scary for first time users as u're literally sticking something into urself and especially for those who has never been sexually active before. But the tampon if used correctly will not tear the hymen. That's why brands like Playtex and Tampax have got the inserter as well. Unlike OB, that..... i believe is more for advance users.

I never like the wet damp feeling with pads and I used to be allergic to the material they use for the wings. So I switched to tampons when I was 15. Got all my supplies from Singapore then because malaysia only has the OB range. Now at least we have Playtex. :thumbup1:

adyna, i donno west malaysia, but i can find tampax in east malaysia...

i was introduced to use tampon from my dancing teacher. it's so good to use, (first time is bad though) i haven't use playtex, i've used ob and tampax... ob cannot flush lo... so donno how to get rid of it in people's house, at least tampax u can flush, (the bos says they wrapping and cardboard is flushable wor, so i just flush) and it's very nice to use during the night...

i don use tampon everyday, cos it's to costly, cos i use tampax more often, so during the days, i try to wear pads, if my throuses shows the pads i use tampon then...

no leakage.... recommend tampon to all...

Have u gurls ever wonder wat is the pad made of ?? recently i just found out that the normal brand like kotex, laurier, sofy,etc.. all made of recycle paper.... if don believe u can tear off and have a good look at the inside...i did do a survey about the absortion... and i found out that kotex is the worst among them!!!

I prefer tampons... I use OB. I like cuz no leakage, and feels cleaner. I use pads during the day and tampons at night. Tampons are used when I go out sometimes, wearing dresses and stuffs...

tampons... great for sports.. and really feels like not having period (unless if gt stomach ache la)...

i feels it's cleaner too :D

Edited by juzjune

tampons... great for sports.. and really feels like not having period (unless if gt stomach ache la)...

i feels it's cleaner too :D

Tampons leave fibres up inside your vagina, so it's not cleaner, it's dirtier. You are putting something with a lot of chemicals (bleach and dioxin) into your vagina which is a very absorbent part of your body.

Disposable pads are healthier than tampons, a Mooncup menstrual cup is healther than a tampon and healthier than a disposable pad, and personally I think cloth pads are the healthiest of all.

Pads all the way. I only use tampon when Im going in for a swim (no coice, hehe). Pads are easier to change and faster IMHO. Maybe because Im still a newbie (noob) when it comes to using tampons :D

Tampon!! Really won't feel anything during period

sometimes even forgot abt its existence

At nite i'd use Laurier extra long

My skin gets irritated if i wear pads for long hours

Daytime will use tampon

In fact it is very common in overseas

But i have to say it is difficult for virgin young girls to use tampons

i love using tampons. It was one of my exes (a guy) who introduced it to me actually. On my last day I use a pad tho - coz too little blood. The problem that many ppl face with tampons is that they dont know how to put it in.

First try squatting, then push the tampon in at an ANGLE, not 90 degrees up, but more towards your butt. I use ob tampons so i just push it as deep as i can using my finger. Other brands have a applicator to help you push it in. You should NOT be able to feel the tampon once its inside. If its dry when you want to push it in, moisten the tip a bit with a bit of water (or rub it along your slit so that its a bit wet from the blood) so that it slides in easier.

Btw, for those using tampax, doesnt it have like a plastic thing around it? Because OB is fully made of cotton and very soft.

Again, for those thinking of starting to use tampons, it's just not a healthy choice, so please think twice.

Tampons do leave 'debris' behind in terms of bits of fluff, they are drying and abrasive, they dry out your system and disturb your internal pH by absorbing helpful stuff as well as the blood.

Just saying is all.

tapir, are u going to reply that to every post that talks about tampons?

Honestly, if you really really want to be as healthy as possible, then use cloth pads, the type you sew yourself and wash after each use.

Do u use that?

tapir, are u going to reply that to every post that talks about tampons?

Honestly, if you really really want to be as healthy as possible, then use cloth pads, the type you sew yourself and wash after each use.

Do u use that?

:P yes probably! OK OK , I won't reply anymore.

And yes i do :). i :wub: :wub: my cloth pads

ah..thats good.

Urm, do u clean it seperately or toss it together with your laundry? Coz I feel like if u wash it with your other clothes it feels like geli a bit. lol. no offence

I wash with my bath towels, or only wash at the end, usually there will be enough with underwear to make up a full load.

Anyway, I usually rinse out before putting in the washing machine. Most of the stains already out by the time I put it in my washing machine. In reality it only adds about 30 minutes of extra work every month, and I never have to go to the shops to buy because I ran out. Plus it's a pleasure to think I get to use my cloth pads (some are very VERY pretty) every month, so I don't mind getting my monthly visit as much.

I use pads but I hate it! They leak and they feel like diapers! BIG AND BULKY! Anyway, tampons are not healthy. They absorbs your blood and your natural vagina moisture which will cause dryness and soreness. It might also cause splitting. I can't imagine having my vagina wall tore! I'm still collecting money to order a menstrual cup on eBay. I think its the best invention since sliced bread. I mean I may not be the brightest crayon in the box but I think they're convenient and economical friendly! I have a 15 year old friend who wears it and she said that its so comfy you won't feel that its there. Besides, you can leave there twice as long as you leave tampons or pads in depending on your flow. 12 hours is the maximum. There are a lot of menstrual cup brands out there! LadyCup, DivaCup, MiaCup, FemmeCup, Lunette, The Keeper, Mooncup UK and MoonCup US!

http://afriska-engl.de.tl/Different-brands-and-sizes.htm

Besides, you don't have to stuff tampons or pads in your bag or pocket. Its such a hassle and then when you go on a vacation "man! I shoulda brought some more pads/tampons with me!". Whata hassle. One menstrual cup is enough for the whole cycle! Its just like tampons. You wear it internally except for the fact that its much healthier and it collects blood rather than absorbing it. You can go swimming with it, gymnastics or whatever. I'm saving it for my tae kwondo class.

Here's a community where everybody talks about menstrual cups.

http://menstrualcups.org

Edited by giddy_schoolgirl