Sign in to follow this  
snowball

Do you take health supplements?

Due to the presents lifestyle, it's good that many are taking health supplements daily to maintain good health.

Ever since the first vitamins were discovered early in the last century, nutritionists and dieticians have told their patients and the public at large that it is not necessary to take supplements if you have a balanced diet. Unfortunately due to our hectic lifestyle, many do not eat in a balanced way, and no matter how careful we are with our diet, we can never be sure if we are consuming the entire spectrum of essential nutrients our cells require for optimum health, AND that makes us require additional vitamins and minerals.

As stated in many health magazines too that the widespread health and age-related problems prevalent today are preventable with the right nutrition. Without optimum intake of these nutrients, the functions of the cells can be impaired, and in the long run, this may contribute to age-related conditions and degenerative diseases. :sick:

It is also advised to avoid taking supplements that contain just one or two specific vitamins or minerals unless your doctor or state-registered dietitian has advised you to. This is because vitamins and minerals work in harmony and an excessive amount of just one can impair the absorption or effectiveness of others. Correct balance is important. :)

In addition, you should be aware of your total nutrient intake if you are taking more than one supplement product a day. But tracking nutrient intake can become difficult when taking a number of single supplements. There may also be a risk of overdosing. Supplements sometimes contain over ten times the level of vitamins that we need.

My problem on taking a number of single supplements have been solved ever since I swtiches to SPIRULINA. Beside spirulina has a combination of over 70 ingredients that can provide all-round nutritional support for the healthy functioning of the body and most important have all the 5 major nutrients including essential and non essential Amino Acid that are important in human health. It also offer a balance of nutrients which maximizes the effectiveness of each ingredient.

Spirulina is also easily digest because it has very soft cell walls so it makes it easy to digest and nutrients can absorbed almost fully. So that makes it great for people of all ages including children. :thumbup1:

After taking this, my health has improved in general, it also enhance natural cleansing & detoxification, my looks has become more radiant, and it strengthened my immune system which I have fewer colds & flu or if I get a cold, it escape more chronic symptoms & recover faster.

It do helps too as I have Thalassemia, as its an inherited condition because Spirulina supplies bio-chelated iron that is very easily absorbed and utilised.

Now everyone in the family are taking it as food supplement which includes my son to improve health in general and strengthen immune system.

Always remember, these are just supplement and not medicine. You have to take it for long term.

Remember, go for whole-food rather than synthetic supplement because whole-food vitamins is in their natural state and contain a host of nutrients that exist within a "complex" whereas synthetic supplement are not natural and have been split into singular products or formulated in a lab somewhere.

Edited by healthygal

Blackmores EPO is cheap when there is promotion is Guardian. Only come to about RM 0.20-0.30 per capsule when there is promotion ;-)

Before, I hav take EPO, vitamin C, multi-vitamin & mahnesium calcium. But always forgot to take.

After that, i change use herbalife nutrition drink. It is the cellular nutrition drink. It is tasty n save time.

I just take 1 shake in morning only. Now, I alr consume more than 5 months. I saw that my skin more better, more bright. Then, my gastric no more also after consume 4 months...Now, i no need take medicine la....

Juz 1 cup SHAKE in morning, then my health improve

QUOTE (Marlene @ Mar 8 2007, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think everyone needs health supplements to a certain extent as we can't get as much nutrients from our food the way our ancestors did because (1) we're eating more refined and processed stuff now, which are sometimes laden with preservatives too (2) the soils are also depleted of essentials nutrients and minerals due to commercial farming

I take cod liver oil, Vit E and EPO though not on a daily basis but i find that i hvnt had a cold in more than 2 years since i've started taking supplements and became more health conscious...though i must admit, i did not see any changes physically. I am suffering from weak liver which is slow in de-toxing so now i'm also takng Vit c and a supplement called MSM ( organic sulfur, which is largely needed by liver for detoxing ) and the effects are great : my nails grow like crazy, my pimples heal within a few days whereas they used to take weeks, and scars clear up real fast too ).

Some ppl think it's a waste of money to take supplements but i think taken in moderation ( as per the guidelines given by the manufacturer ) it should be ok and beneficial to health.

May I know where you get the supply of MSM? Understood from some pharmacists that in Malaysia, selling of MSM products is prohibited?

Health food i take for Daily Supplement is Wheat Fiber and Wheat Germ, provide high vitamin B and E. Help for reduction Constipation,Colon cancer,improve Blood circulation system, break sugar in digestive system and Wheat germ have High Amino Acids also Aphrodisiac value. Price affordable...and taste acceptable. Good try.....

EDITTED : DO NOT SOLICIT BISNESS IN DISCUSSION THREADS.TQ smile.gif Edited by d3vil doll

QUOTE (snowball @ Nov 19 2004, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to take vitamin C, but some of my friends actully take quite a few of them, something like A,B,C, etc. How about the rest of the gals? Do you take any of them regulary?

in today's society, because most if not all of our consumed food are either genetically modified or sprayed with chemicals, the essense of what is left in the foods and what u can realli get is very hard to determine. sometimes it doesnt mean if u eat alot of vege u'll be getting exactly what u think u'll get. ok u get wad i mean, thats y supplements are definitely essential. vit c to boost immune sys, vit e for regeneration of cells, prim rose oil to regulate yr female hormones and promise again breast cancer, fish oil for healthier cholestorol... bla bla bla... the list goes on. our body is very special, it will adapt to what we have to offer our body, and thats y nth seems to go wrong when u r born all the way to when u are about 20- 30. but the problems will all come when u're 30ish onwards. and dependent on stress levels and other factors... many people develop cancer and various degenerative diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes... its essential to take vits on a regular basis, yes expensive, but its all about deciding to pay now, or pay later. pay for yr vits? or pay for yr medical bills in future. all boils down to the one question, do u want to age by choice? or by chance? =D

QUOTE (honeylicious @ Sep 19 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i eat vitamins everyday..
recently, i have been consuming EPO for less than a month. and my period finally came back!!! (my last period was few years ago, and i am just 20. )
EPO helps my hormone a lot a lot a lot. it makes me feel like i am a real woman. smile.gif

Hi Babes...

I take Kordel's EPO 1000mg. The reason is because the pharmacists says Kordel's Guarantees the FRESHNESS of the oil.

This is important as if the oil is not fresh or rancid... taken over long term it can be cancerous sad.gif

Look out on the labels... each batch is tested.. I have been taking it for over 4 1/2 years now.

I will not change.. as I tried Blackmores EPO and also Biolife... when I puncture the capsule to smell the oil... It smells bad.

Please don't be penny wise, pound foolish. EPO is taken everyday.

Use only Quality EPO.. my advise.

I m taking multivitamin from blackmores and bio-life's fish oil... how come no one take fish oil here one? i heard it is good for skin wor... i tried the EPO+fish oil b4, but like not much diff 4 me(in terms of menstrual cycle)... so i switch back to fish oil onli...

QUOTE (yin127 @ Sep 9 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I m taking multivitamin from blackmores and bio-life's fish oil... how come no one take fish oil here one? i heard it is good for skin wor... i tried the EPO+fish oil b4, but like not much diff 4 me(in terms of menstrual cycle)... so i switch back to fish oil onli...

I'm taking USANA's multivitamin called Essentials. Besides that, I also take the Proflavanol or many people call it grape seed. It is a good and safe product from USA.

I use to take cod liver oil and vegetable supplements from nutrilite [amway product]. Now, I take EPO that has cod liver oil too and spirulina, all in tablet form. vitamin c once a while.

Recently my frenss told me that there is a product that could increase our health by wearing it on body. So for any1 that hate to take capsule mayb can giv it a try ^.^... it's effective or not i not sure... coz i haven try also... She told me the product name is something like Kechara white umbrella... mayb u can try to google it

I take multi-vitamins, fish oil, etc, not very regular, but trying to.

I normally buy from GNC.com then ship back, the price is so much cheaper than buying from the retail outlet directly.

I am currently taking a supplement call LifePak. It contains nutrients that target and inhabit the symptoms associated with aging. LifePak has a full array of essential vitamins and minerals for general wellness.

I take breast enhancement supplement since I dream to have bigger size. Good thing that there is breast enhancement review site that serve as guide on making decision.

patients receive the correct medication. [url=http://flavors.me/buylasixnoprescription]lasix online[/url] and brand name drugs by pill color your medications. If you do not find a match [url=http://flavors.me/buydiflucanwithoutprescript]buy diflucan no prescription[/url] I sometimes see patients who have either taken the wrong medication Know the medication and dose you should have received, [url=http://flavors.me/buydeltasone]buy deltasone without prescription[/url] your medications. If you do not find a match But mistakes happen. As a consumer, you need to protect [url=http://flavors.me/buylasixnoprescription]buy lasix no prescription[/url] Tool will help you identify generic

I have lifet the use of supplements before 3 year ago. I feel it's unhealthy when I use I feel unrest my self. It's also harm your lum. I have decide to maintain health in  naural way.