Sign in to follow this  
weN

Interacial and Inter-religion Relationships

wat u all think about relationship between different religion?? especially muslim & christian??? i have this problem plzz help me...its bcz we love ech other but we cannot get together jst bcz we not in the same religion.it will b a problem for us in future...both of us don wnt to covert.dats the problem..we tried to get separate for 1 year but its not working.we still love each other.our problem is, its hard for us to start new relationship with other person cz we still have feeling each other...aiyo!!!

Ayyyoo sayang... why la. Asking this question now, with the Lina Joy case barely shut.. :(

Unless the Christian party can convert to Islam.. the only other option I see for you guys is for the two of you to up sticks to America or something. Someplace where this shit don't matter, y know?

But then again.. it does seem an insult to centuries-old faith to denounce it, for the sake of earthly love.

Personally, I wouldn't bat an eyelid dating a man of a different race/ religion.. (I have, in the past) as long as I do not have to convert to his religion. But that's me. The rest of you guys?

Go check out the other thread in love & relationships. I think your question is identical.

For me, having different religion have no benefit in mankind except to divide them.

A teacher once told me what his grandfather told him that:

There is only one race: the human race.

There is only one kind: mankind.

There is only one religion: humanity.

I think faith is nothing except having to give trust to "SOMETHING" without earning it at all (even if it is centuries old). Just because it stretches back to our long ancestors doesn't make it the best thing to follow today.

Julea: My advice to you is that, though religion differences are superficial I regret to tell you that because of all of these POLITICAL BUREAUCRACY that it (your marriage) is not going to happen unless you convert to Islam. The kind of people we put on the front lines of our country are shallow and unintelligent - they were put there with one reason only: POPULARITY. If you conform to the thought of the majority in this country with a lot of financial backing and that you have friends in high places than you have a good chance of winning the votes. What they preach doesn't make it right but what they preach will be the law. And law in itself is nothing but a conformance to the majority.

So thats where I saw that line! Was memerah-ing otak just now wondering where I read that.

Julea: My advice to you is that, though religion differences are superficial I regret to tell you that because of all of these POLITICAL BUREAUCRACY that it (your marriage) is not going to happen unless you convert to Islam. The kind of people we put on the front lines of our country are shallow and unintelligent - they were put there with one reason only: POPULARITY. If you conform to the thought of the majority in this country with a lot of financial backing and that you have friends in high places than you have a good chance of winning the votes. What they preach doesn't make it right but what they preach will be the law. And law in itself is nothing but a conformance to the majority.

Within Malaysia.

What follows in that last paragraph is what is sometimes mistakenly called politics. Regretfully the results are the same.

Edited by CyBeR

anyone here ever couple...err for fun :praisegod: or serious with guy/gal from diff race or diff religion or diff region.hehehe...encounter few of interracial and interreligous love birds .if got pls share with others yur experience,difficulties...bla bla bla...

long-term couples-how r u gena tell yur family?how is deir acceptance

anyone here ever couple...err for fun :praisegod: or serious with guy/gal from diff race or diff religion or diff region.hehehe...encounter few of interracial and interreligous love birds .if got pls share with others yur experience,difficulties...bla bla bla...

long-term couples-how r u gena tell yur family?how is deir acceptance

haha i have a r/s with chinese guy before...but broke up redi lar since his parents cant accept me much,its not that they dun like me but they prefer to maintain all the offspring's pure chinese!LOL!n my mother also didnt encourage me much with him that time.we take time slowly to get apart,i dun blame him also,since both our family seems to be not very happy with it.then i started to seeing new guy(my bf now),and he just walk off from my life just like that..very nice and sweeeeet guy i can tell u.but few of his friends told me he didnt have any relationship after that..not a serious one.Wish all the best to him!

ME! All of my relationship is interacial even the current one. To me , race is not so an issue, but religion is. Maybe cause my parents also has interacial marriage, thats why they didnt care much. However, this differs for some parents. Things might get confusing a bit and complex. However, i love complexity, it added spice to the r/ship. I have no problem accepting a guy from different race & culture. Religion however, i require respect for mine, & i'll respect his. In the end, if both comes to an agreement then only marriage will happens. Believe in god, so in the end, there'll be a way.

religion is just a pillar of belief of human to follow.after all religion is all about teaching a good thing-respect human being,respect other religion blah blah blah.either u r judaism,hinduism,buddhism,islam,zoroastian or scientology...but still dere is difference in believe such as non pork n alcohol for muslim,kosher food for jews,non-meat for hinduism...but in the end its just how u tolerate and accept it.personally i belief tat to which god we submit our prayer,all of the god is under the one roof-RELIGION.

and same thing goes to interracial.simple example...imagine race is like a tea.there is black tea,white tea,roiboost tea,organic tea,normal tea...after all its just a tea.same thing goes to human.we hv black,white,brown...all human being.hv feeling.why shd degrade ppl who are differ from us.white doesnt mean its' pure and saint.black doest mean evil and bad.

uh i think im going too far.im not atheist.im just a human who belief in all religion but i stick to mine with no compromy.for those who hv difficulties in getting married for iterracial-interreligios...shd opted to other country.hehe.i know its a cowards' decision but hv no choice ma...

there is only one race,the race of human

there is only one religion,religion of love.

err...if my comment is outta topic or offensed any-one..a humble apology.

My relationship is inter-continental, inter-racial and inter-religion. Race wasn't a problem with his family because they find Asians fascinating, and they're some of the most wonderful people I've ever known. My parents didn't blink an eyelid either, they don't mind westerners or are not particularly concerned with race. Religion wise it posed a bit of a problem in the beginning, my boyfriend happens to be a staunch atheist while I'm Christian. We worked it out though, and nowadays we have stimulating fun debates on evolution, God (or the lack of such an entity).

A very good example would be my parents, dad is indian and mum is chinese. I remembered my dad used to tell me stories of how my grandma(mum side) tried to stop them from going out. Cuz u know, in those days, inter-racial relationship was not an 'in' thing, especially my dad (indian) trying to marry my mum! Luckily my parents were determined and confident in bringing the relationship furhter, and here it is.....they've been married for more than 30 years now. Happily ever after.... now my dad became my grandma's (mum side) favourite son-in-law. It was not that easy on my dad side either as my granny (dad side) was unhappy to see him (dad) dating a chinese girl. And my mum, then, was a buddhist. She 'd converted to christian and now she's devoted to christianity instead of my dad. Well, it's all good now.... everything is possible. Now that I , myself indian+chinese mixed (Christian), dating my bf of pure indian, am facing problems too. This is because of his strong in Hindu faith father. He is just afraid that religion will be a problem in our children in future and stuffs. We are still carrying on and hope all will be fine like my parents.

I agree that race isn't much of an issue, but religion is. It also depends on how strong you are in your faith... some people don't even practice their religion so there's no problem for them! But for others (like me too, actually) religion is a very important part of their life. I have friends who end up in inter-religion r/s and one of them has to give in an convert. The problem arises when both don't want to give up their religion.

On the issue of race, it isn't much of skin colour but more of cultural differences. And that really takes getting used to. For marriage there will be a problem when your gf or bf has family back in their home country... I've seen family friends with that problem, they have to keep flying back and forth to visit the grandparents, etc etc..

I am a MY Chinese, married to an European Romanian.

Race

• No obstacles.
Religion
  • I am not a faithful Buddhist, i am more a free-thinker. My husband also isn't a faithful Christian. So, if i'm asked to be converted, i'm OK with it. If he's asked to hold the Buddhist praying sticks for our home Buddhist Gods/ancestors, he is OK with it. My parents are very open, so this is not a big deal. If i am a very faithful Buddhist and i don't want to be converted to Christian, the problem is that we cannot perform our church wedding here as we will not be blessed from the God. My parents-in-law are the faithful Christian, so you can imagine how important the church wedding is. Anyway, church wedding is what i want too, it's romantic :wub:
Culture
  • I've already accommodated myself to Europen culture as i can adapt to anything fast! My parents-in-law are very nice to me and very open too. But my husband is curious and not very convinced about the fact of why the working Asian have to give their parents pocket money every month, and when the guy does the proposal he also has to give a big money (嫁妆) to marry the girl. He was shocked when hearing my mom talking about it, as if they were selling their daughter away. Anyway, he accepts that but it kinda goes against his principal (he had to otherwise he couldn't marry me). If he didn't love me enough, he might be scared away and just left me alone you know... ^_^
Sometimes we also have some small quarrels over our different view on different subjects. It's interesting to venture into his little world, it makes me think differently.

Anyway, our love is bigger than anything else. Nothing can stop us from loving each other!

Whoever in the interacial or inter-religion relationship, please consider the above and other possible issues when you wanna escalate your relationship to a higher level.

Just my 2 cents.

morn all,new here,reg cos i bump in to tis topic. :)

well,im a chinese n curr thr is tis malay guy tackling me.its been bout 5 mths n im still considering him cos of race issue.some of my frens told me to go ahead since d road is stil long.when my parents first got to know bout tis,they were angry n call me to break-off wif him considering the consequences if we're together n then married,etc.i did discuss tis him a few times,n he too said tat the road is stil far to c but d truth is for me,im afraid of d future.im falling for him but part of me is calling me to stop tis r/ship.when we're out together i dislike d way d community look at us,as if we were criminals,like we did something wrong.

having mix feelings bout tis,n its bothering me.

reply to curiousme,

i would advise u not to get into a relationship with him. unless u really really love him.

ive been in the same situation as u. fortunately i managed to pull myself together to come to a decision.

:)

To Curiousme,

My advice is not to get into this trouble. Other races may be ok, and other religion can still be considered but I will not support any other races/religion to get into Muslims. There will be a very complicated ending. Trust me, been there..... heard of a lot of cases too... think properly.

well,im a chinese n curr thr is tis malay guy tackling me.its been bout 5 mths n im still considering him cos of race issue.some of my frens told me to go ahead since d road is stil long.when my parents first got to know bout tis,they were angry n call me to break-off wif him considering the consequences if we're together n then married,etc.i did discuss tis him a few times,n he too said tat the road is stil far to c but d truth is for me,im afraid of d future.im falling for him but part of me is calling me to stop tis r/ship.when we're out together i dislike d way d community look at us,as if we were criminals,like we did something wrong.

It's not encouraging to start off a relationship with a muslim. You have to overcome a lot of unexpected hardship and trouble for the present and future.

Just my 2 cents, no offence to all the muslim here.

CuriousMe you are not alone. After all im like you. Im a muslim, but having relationship with a men from different religion. He didnt want to convert without understanding the religion and stuffs. Me & him have been together for about 6 years. Ups & downs in relationship. We tried to separate and find someone else, but yet in the end, we still somehow met each other. These keep on reoccuring, seems like the harder we try to run from each other, somehow me & him met again again and things just kinda make me & him closer. So we think its faith, and why dont work something out. Finding chemistry between each other, trying to strengthen the relationship, understanding and accepting each other weaknesses. Trust me, this is along process. Most importantly if both of you can communicate enought. Then, only in the end both of you can talk about religion. I dont know which stupid idiots will convert unwillingly. Its suppose to be converting williingly and understanding the religion. I believe, if you seek the truth, you'll find you way. No matter what religion you are, find the truth in yourself, pray to god, in the end what you'll see is happiness. I guess everybody deserves the chances. THe only thing is you must be prepared and understand the obstacles that you might face when you choose the path.

To Curiousme,

My advice is not to get into this trouble. Other races may be ok, and other religion can still be considered but I will not support any other races/religion to get into Muslims. There will be a very complicated ending. Trust me, been there..... heard of a lot of cases too... think properly.

MixyBabe,

I guess you statement will make confusion. Seems like against muslim. Its quite disturbing to me, as im a muslim. So, if you dont understand what the religion is about, just try to read more about it. It'll clear your doubts and your judgements. IM not sure who'll ensure complicated endings. That is what we call life, but the obstacles that we have to face is religion, therefore we see it in different ways. Whatever other idiots i assume, who simply convert without their willingness, converting just to marry, and not understanding the religion itself, better dont marry. just live a life like that. For what, having a marriage and go into a religion that is against your will?

CuriousMe you are not alone. After all im like you. Im a muslim, but having relationship with a men from different religion. He didnt want to convert without understanding the religion and stuffs. Me & him have been together for about 6 years. Ups & downs in relationship. We tried to separate and find someone else, but yet in the end, we still somehow met each other. These keep on reoccuring, seems like the harder we try to run from each other, somehow me & him met again again and things just kinda make me & him closer. So we think its faith, and why dont work something out. Finding chemistry between each other, trying to strengthen the relationship, understanding and accepting each other weaknesses. Trust me, this is along process. Most importantly if both of you can communicate enought. Then, only in the end both of you can talk about religion. I dont know which stupid idiots will convert unwillingly. Its suppose to be converting williingly and understanding the religion. I believe, if you seek the truth, you'll find you way. No matter what religion you are, find the truth in yourself, pray to god, in the end what you'll see is happiness. I guess everybody deserves the chances. THe only thing is you must be prepared and understand the obstacles that you might face when you choose the path.

MixyBabe,

I guess you statement will make confusion. Seems like against muslim. Its quite disturbing to me, as im a muslim. So, if you dont understand what the religion is about, just try to read more about it. It'll clear your doubts and your judgements. IM not sure who'll ensure complicated endings. That is what we call life, but the obstacles that we have to face is religion, therefore we see it in different ways. Whatever other idiots i assume, who simply convert without their willingness, converting just to marry, and not understanding the religion itself, better dont marry. just live a life like that. For what, having a marriage and go into a religion that is against your will?

hi hi...calm...

i dun think she is against muslim or else...

see, most of u very sensitive bout this, thats why i think she is right...

muslim or not, not really important, but since Mys gov soooOOO tooooOOOO much for non-muslim(lots of law & rules..)... makes ppl dun dare to stay close with muslim. not ur fault or else, just Gov's fault....

wat is the world today, still not open wide the eye line...

hi Quen^nie

thanks for d comfort.u know,i actually dont mind converting n changing my name (dont call me crazy),but the thing is..lets say 'IF' we go another step further aka married,im not sure whether i can actually cope wif muslim teaching or not,cos u c i dont like to wrap myself up in clothes,having to do 5 times prayer a day,fasting,etc.my parents did make a statement tat 'IF' i were to marry him,i mite not be ably to join n get together wif my family again cos later on my in-laws will accuse me of consuming pork,drinking,doing something against d muslim law la.

my conclusion here is,do you think tat ill still be able to maintain my liking..tat is wearing sexy clothes,drinking,goofing ard,not serious twds god,dont want to fast, aft converting?i can change but itll take some time..long time probably.hmm..mayb i can ask u some questions on muslim.this thinking too far thingy is d tats stopping me fm accepting him.

Referring to the previous posts.

Erm, so having to convert to Islam is actually political?

From my knowledge, having read SPM textbooks and other religious notes on this matter; Islam (not our perlembagaan), considers marrying a person of another religion invalid. The religion's rules. Not Malaysian rules.

biggest obtacle is family.

i think once the family accepts, no one cares anymore! public will get used to it one day. jus ignore them. families are the most impt.

overall, in aisan countries, they frown whn u are with someone of darker shade (eg: black) than u but compliments & think u r great & superb if u managed to get someone of lighter shade (eg: westerner)

i'm chinese and happily married to an eurasian (baba & nyonya, portugese, british, anglo-indian) guy :) BUT he's malaysian.. that's where i got the westwood from.. well luckily my mum accepts him.. hehehe.. language isn't our barrier as english is basically my 1st language as i speak to my friends and my in-laws.. i only speaks cantonese with my family members..