Sign in to follow this  
Sushi

Sushi says hello to everybody!

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon this forums last month trying to find reviews on skin care products. The reviews under skin care forum is very helpful and I decided to purchase those products to try. You gals are awesome!! smile.gif

I apologize that I didn't introduce myself earlier. I live in Toronto, Canada. I was born in Teluk Intan, Malaysia. I came to Canada when I was 12 year old. I never went back to Malaysia to visit because I didn't get a chance to.... it was either no money or no time. It was pretty upsetting. My family went back at least once and only me I didn't. *boo hoo*!! msn-cry.gif Well, since I got a new job (a very good job), my friend and I are planning to go back sometime next year. Hopefully everything will go well as I wanted to.

One thing I found about reading the forums here is quite funny. The way you guys use the slang. At first I got a headache trying to figure what the short form stands for and trying to read the whole sentence. I still know a bit of malay but too bad I can't speak fluently. dry.gif After visiting here for few more times, I think i get used to it already. smile.gif

There is another website similar to this one that is for singaporean members. I joined there as well. I think their slang is stronger?? Is there a difference between malaysian and singaporean?

In Toronto, we have multicultural people here. We have few malaysian restaurant but their foods are not as good as in Malaysia. I really missed Laksa alot! The satay is so so here.. I think they did the short cut and just fried it! mad.gif We even have fast food malaysian restaurants. Fast food malaysian restaurant is way better than the sit and dine restaurant. Sometimes I'll go to fast food for take-out and it is cheaper too!! Sit and dine is way more expensive.

I think that's about it. wink.gif

Hi sushi, welcome to the forum. KaiLing here. Nice to meet ya.

I bet you did had a hard time getting use to our 'slag' eh smile.gif Well, you will get use to it soon. And mayb you could use it when you have a chance to go back to Msia for visits. Still Msian tongue.gif

Enjoy your stay here in MYB!

Hi there, Titus here...I'm still kinda new, but welcome! I'm originally from Johor Bahru, studied in Singapore and now I'm in Thunder Bay. I spend my summers in Scarborough, and like you I've not the chance to go back yet.

I totally agree with you on the part on restaurants but we must be content with what we have...pity Rayleen, who misses the food like crazy but don't even have a half-good malaysian restaurant in Halifax. Hope you enhoy your stay and contribute! smile.gif

hi sushi, i love eating sushi with wasabi tongue.gif

ehehhe

anyway, im elle

welcome welcome

just get out there and enhoy urself here, ok?

yup have fun there ciao

Is there a difference between malaysian and singaporean?

hi sushi. faster come back and give us a visit.

the difference is malaysians are superior to singaporeans.

gosh.... do you supply sushi too? tongue.gif

kidding ... i'm WB.. nice to meet ya

have a pepsi pepsi.gif

have fun here k.. you will soon get use to it... i guess i'm the one who always have some slang around .. bad broken english! lookaround.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome! smile.gif You can call me Jeannie. I love sushi too especially all kind of sashimi and spider roll! MMmmmm.... I used to have a shih tzu named Sushi. He is no longer with me cuz he was a very naughty dog. Someone already adopted him.

If you guys love pets, here is a website for ya to take a look. My bro owns the pet services business. Since I stayed with him, I get to play with some of the dogs. It is fun sometimes and other times we have some very naughty dogs that always try to climb on the kitchen counter to steal foods! That happened many times. dry.gif Go to the gallery to check it out. Guchi is my bro's dog. He is a cutie.

http://www.bellyrubs.com

oooo SUSHI! I will go crazy once i see the delicious sushi from far far away...yum yummm....~drooling~ ooppsss...sorry, Nice to meet you Sushi! your name is too delicious liao...i love sushi and always craving for sushi and salmon sashimi...hehehe...anyway, i love the pet website lah...they are so CUTE! look like your brother's dog, Gucci was having a 'cool' time in the sink huh?! cool.gif

I love pet too...but too bad i have no time to take care of them... sad.gif

Hihi Sushi....Im yanyan from KL...Nice to meet ya happy.gif

Slang?? Maybe here we all mix with other language beside anglish..

Take ur time to understand it...

shadowprincess:

Yes, Gucci is having a bath in the bathroom sink. He was too comfortable and relax and he felt asleep. It was funny. It seemed like he was getting a spa treatment.

====

Hi Tweetwee! Nice to meet you too! Are there any good jap restaurants in malaysia?

====

Hi YanYan! Yeah, slang is a bit hard to understand. So far, I understand 70%. smile.gif

====

Hi GD! Waazzzuuppp! tongue.gif

sushi!!!! hi,i'm kimberly...nice 2 meet ya! cheers cheers.gif btw, i'm fr kk, currently studyin in curtin uni of tech. i also hav relatives living in canada...i think they live in manitoba, to be exact. so how r u? hav u got used 2 d slangs here..? ~=p alrighty, c ya!

Hi Kimberly,

Yeah, i think i'm already get used to the slang. You have relatives in Manitoba eh? You ever go there to visit them?