Sign in to follow this  
XinJie

Eyebrows! Tips needed ^_^

I used to pay RM 5 to thread my brows in Tara's Aroma Beauty in Bangsar. Its the same row as Madam Kwan's but it's the next block. Its between the optical shop and the bank.

i'l do threading for my brows..Any indian salon will do.It costs abt rm 7 .My brows are naturally black, so i can't draw using pencils.I'll look more fierce.I will only fill my brows towards the end9the hujung part0 n make it longer using MAC eyeshadow in CArbon n their angled brow brush #266.Again i got load of compliments on my brows aftr threading n filling wt gud brush.My advice for nice brows; invest in a good brow brush. U can see the differents when u draw and fill ur brows wt dark shadows.

I've tried to trim my own brows before, i end up getting unbalanced shaped brows. One too high, one too low, one arched too much, one subtly arched..

Worst experience was i accidentally plucked too much, abit botak one side..another bad experience was i clipped the front hair too much, ended too short to look nice, oso look abit botak.. malu betul.

Now i just let my beautician do it for me.. but she doenst really do a nice job, she makes the arch too much, make me look very very de ganas! mad.gif Aiih...

I went and perm my eye lash last week, and the girl there trimmed my brow for me, she oso said mine is too arched. Now it looks perfect. I think need to self experiment a few times before you get the idea how to trim. I better start trimming on my own again biggrin.gif The tips on the brow brush is oso good.. just cut according to the shape. Will try threading next time if it's not too costly

I shaves my eyebrows using eyebrow knife. Forget where I bought it from. May be sasa. Only pluck it when my fren do for me. cannot tahan the pain if i do it myself.

About sagging.

A makeup artist... who was it.. I think it was Tom Pecheux of Shiseido, okay he said that when you pluck your eye brows, you have to pluck upwards. Not downwards or else your brows will sag faster. So the position of your tweezer should be up, not down.

I pluck mine at home. It's trial and error for me and I'm still finding the best shape. But I find that I prefer the look of thicker brows than slim ones.

I got samples from some REALLY superb eyebrow doings from friends if you want. Real life girls :P

pls pls share with us abt it...im interest tho...cuz searching solution to hav thick eyebrows...

I've got those eyebrow 'shaver' as well but I don't know how to use it. Can anyone give me some advice? I've tried to shave my eyebrows but the hair doesn't seem to come off 8)

Threading sounds interesting. Hmm..dunno whether I need to do it on my eyebrow or not. I only need to pluck un-need hair and leave it the rest naturally since its thick and easily re-shape.

About sagging.

A makeup artist... who was it.. I think it was Tom Pecheux of Shiseido, okay he said that when you pluck your eye brows, you have to pluck upwards. Not downwards or else your brows will sag faster. So the position of your tweezer should be up, not down.

I pluck mine at home. It's trial and error for me and I'm still finding the best shape. But I find that I prefer the look of thicker brows than slim ones.

wow, thanks for the tip..i've been plucking my eyebrows for years coz it's cleaner. and it sags a little now. :( i've switched to shaving. i dunno y i can't seem to shave it to have a smoother effect.. it seems that the hair can't seem to be shave off completely.. :unsure:

i did eyebrow embroidery too and i love it. now i just need to shave or pluck those stray hairs and trim it a bit to follow the shape. i found it very much easier for me after i embroidered it.

i also have thick eyebrows too..i also dunno how to trim ler..

i only pluck the stray parts but i still think it's too thick..dunno how ler? do i need to pluck more than my natural shape? pluck from where le? lower part or upper part?

i normally pluck. never trim by myself.. duno how. never shave also.. scared not clean enuf hafto pluck again..

sagging? never hearb4...

miyoko, since u ever do eyebrow embroidery , u still need to pluck your eyebrow? cos i tot the sahpe would be there and there wont be any need to pluck eyebrow already...cos im interested to do embroidery as im lazy to pluck but from what u said, still need to pluck is it? thanks~

after embroidery oso need to pluck off a few stray of hair.. cz hair will still grow.. jz not as much as b4 embroidery only.. few strays of hair is ez to pluck off n maintain cz the shape will b there oredi so u no need to be afraid tat u over pluck..

tracyln u can go to any cosmetic counter.. mostly they will provide eyebrow trimmin at a reasonable price..

Does those cosmetics counter trim or pluck eyebrows? :P Coz the last time I went they only shave and trim for me. I want to learn to pluck because shaving a bit untidy.

Can anyone recommend a good place to trim or pluck at reasonable price? :)

Thanks

act y u don try to go to facial saloon? then do charge u abit lar, i think is around rm5 to rm7 only....

weih? cheaper than i expected, the counter i went charged me RM15.

thanks yikpeng! :D

Will go and try

oh ok, thanks yin, understand liao la....

me oso done mine at ultimate impression....

Edited by mynicole

how much do those shopping complex's cosmetic counter charge for shaving eyebrows..?

i dun pluck..afraid that it will be painful..i usually go to the facial saloon to shave only... :)