Sign in to follow this  
@Li3N

Wht is the best way to reject a guy?

I'm pretty sure that most of you have experienced this before when there is a guy tht you are not interested in, confess his feelings to you. How would you react? What is the best way to reject him without hurting his feelings and stay friends? Dun forget that guys are very egoistic. They will feel terribly bad being rejected by gals. So, wht would you do? Mind to share your experience with me?

Juz confront him la..the most straightforward way.unless u wanna convey ur msg via SMS? but i'm afraid mroe confusion would arise following tht~ dry.gif

usually..i will just tell him the truth..but in a good way so that we can still remain as friends...it works for some guys...but there's also some that will treat like they dunno you. for example..i rejected this guy few years back...and so happen we ended up in the same college...at 1st it was okay..we did smile at each other...but when he has a new gf..he just pretend that he dint see me everytime we meet at college....and i think tat is very lame..who cares if he has a new gf...it's none of my business..right?

usually..i will just tell him the truth..but in a good way so that we can still remain as friends...it works for some guys...but there's also some that will treat like they dunno you ...

a friend of mine wrote an article entitled, "Just Friends". with his permission, i will post it here.

well, i did b4 a few times but... handled very badly sad.gif the worst was.... a guy who was 8 years my senior in the same class same college..a few months he was trying very hard...then we went training...same place anf finally i told him to give up, no use waiting 4 me... all i know the next thing... backstabbing, gossiping, rumours n i had no 1 2 turn 2 then sad.gif

but then...the others rejection was ok ... we remained frens tho not close smile.gif

well, for me i will tell the guy the truth why we cant be together. i will explain to him tt i dun wanna hurt his feelings and would like to be frends with him still. but most of the guys whom i have rejected... we are still frends until now. even though they have gfs now, but we are still sitting down for coffee and chit chatting... wink.gif

Ques : Yeah, u r rite. SMS can create confusions. I've tried it but doesn't work out.

Tzewa: Yep, by explaining and telling them in a nice way will usually work. But for those who ignore u...Well, maybe they can't accept the fact being rejected by u once or afraid tht his new gf wud know about it...I guess tongue.gif

Cossie: Hopefully we'll have a chance to read it. But can u tell us a lil' bout it? Juz a short summary? Juz in case ur fren doesn't permits u to post it here?

Elle: Rumours, gossip backstabbers....arrrghhh....I've gone thru tht oso & it's terrible. Bbut they juz gone wif the wind after sometime,rite?

Chiii: Coffee again? hehehe....

joanne: nope, people still remember... and bcoz of that some of my "friends" aint talking to me, but i dont give a shit smile.gif it's up 2 them. i cant do anything about it. i dont call them friends anymore. they arent my friends. The funny thg is... we started talking agai in the end of semester and now we remained friends. Then one day he said thank u 4 the friendship tho he did sooo many awful things to me smile.gif on my last day in msia, he did asked me y did i reject him, then i told him that i dont 1 any r'ship now, just 1 2 play around. He said he still loves me bla bla bla. But thank u, i cnt do anything smile.gif now he has a gf. And... he's not even online any longer...coz gf gf gf.

1 day got so fustrated..i said ok fine.. i would not disturbed u any more.

Cossie: Hopefully we'll have a chance to read it. But can u tell us a lil' bout it? Juz a short summary? Juz in case ur fren doesn't permits u to post it here?

permission granted. author did not make any request or impose any conditions on re-posting this fine hypothesis.

please remember to respect the author's intellectual rights. happy reading.

http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/index....findpost&p=3814

joanne -- yeah, coffee again!! hehehee.. maybe can try some other "coffee".. lol

elle -- well, now he has his own life and u have ur own life... dun have to worry abt anything.. those are the past. wink.gif

yeah im not worry actually, im jusr fed up, my other friend who is here with me (we r al classmates), is fed up as well. But what i dont like about malaysian is... they tend to be too "in" with their bf/gf once they r in a r'ship and abandon the friends.

Elle i totally agree with u man...

i just don't get it maybe its me gua.. probably my mindset is not wanting to settle down so early causes that gua.. it is like i mean ur bf might not be the one u are gonna be with for the rest of your life. and if u're so tied down to one then u'll never realize that u have other options and when u do realize it might be too late already... plus how old are we?? well i guess because i am not even 18 gua.. but then even if u're not around my age also and u're not over 25 .. should be more open minded and have goals for life instead of goals in relationships only....

*sigh.. dunno y today i so much garbage :X

Elle n babycoco, I agree wid u gals. Getting involve in a r/ship doesnt means u hav to stay with the r/ship for the rest of your life. Who knows what will happen tomorrow? Mayb it's the end of the world tomorrow and all of us will die - juz kidding ok? Juz an eg. Juz dont get offended, plz. Therefore, we should try new things, set new goals n enjoy our life to the fullest rather than juz clinging on our bf/gf. This is juz my opinion. No offense. smile.gif

last time i try to reject this guy, i told him that i'm already taken...but it was true lar...i already haf my bf but he was in winnipeg that time....then this stupid guy replied...lemme see ur hand....i dont see any ring...so what is wrong?

OMG....wanted to vomit blood that time....

dunno how to get rid of him...then one day he try to do something stupid then i go file a sexual assault report on him....then now dunno he dissapear go where liao...probably transfered uni...f*cking dumb a$$

hhhahah ray leen...cool down cool down...yeah i remembered when my secondary friend had bf... she totally abandoned me for 1 year +... when she broke up early this year, she came back to me..n bcoz i pity her, i entertain and accompany her... but then... sigh~

after she had bf..our relationship also not as good as b4

i remembered when my secondary friend had bf... she totally abandoned me for 1 year +... when she broke up early this year, she came back to me..n bcoz i pity her, i entertain and accompany her... but then... sigh~ after she had bf..our relationship also not as good as b4

this is something women face that most men will not be aware of, as in most cases, it will not be something they will experience. so if you were to talk to guys about your friend or friends changing due to their lifestyle or responsibilities, don't blame him/them for looking blank or pretending to listen to you or even understanding your story. huh.gif

you have probably gotten a glimpse now of how your friendship with your gfs will change as they grow older. for girls, there is seldom a successful 'friends for life' encounter. you should expect changes and welcome it happily. it means you and your friends are growing up. you're all progressing and each of you played an important role in each other's life which contributed to their present independence and happiness. smile.gif 'friends for life' usually works among women who have teenage children and for those who share similar experiences or tragedies. women need emotional support groups, such as this site and that's where you will form your lasting friendships. [plese exclude me from this as i'm merely a PR holder here.]

guys on the otherhand can be best buddies within short notice and are capable of not seeing each other for many moons and resume being best buddies at any given time in the future. we have that 'x-factor'! tongue.gif

yeah i know she needs to ne responsible and committed but that doesnt mean not contacting her friends for more than 1 whole year...i dont need her to call me up every week or something, just once in awhile will do and she'll find me only if she wants to make biz from me e.g. selling hair mask to me.... ish

last time i try to reject this guy, i told him that i'm already taken...but it was true lar...i already haf my bf but he was in winnipeg that time....then this stupid guy replied...lemme see ur hand....i dont see any ring...so what is wrong?

OMG....wanted to vomit blood that time....

dunno how to get rid of him...then one day he try to do something stupid then i go file a sexual assault report on him....then now dunno he dissapear go where liao...probably transfered uni...f*cking dumb a$$

Rayleen...u shld have kick his butt darn hard!!!

yeah i know she needs to ne responsible and committed but that doesnt mean not contacting her friends for more than 1 whole year...i dont need her to call me up every week or something, just once in awhile will do and she'll find me only if she wants to make biz from me e.g. selling hair mask to me.... ish

I know exactly how u feel, elle. I have frens who behave like tht too. When they r committed...they'll totally forget who their fren is. They will come back to u only when they r in trouble or need a favor frm u. Else...they seems 2 disappear in ur life!

On the otherhand, when u tried to call them juz to say hello...they will start giving excuses tht they're bz....no time to talk....ttyl....all this kind of shit. Well fine.....if u dun wanna talk 2 me...leave it. Dun ever call me when u r in trouble & I can't be bother bout tht too! But whenever they have broken off wif their bf/gf....they'll point their fingers to me saying tht I'm cruel to ignore & abandon them...So, gals....do u think? Am I cruel?

Joanne: No, ur not, when they r so happily wit their bf, who's lonely and feeling abandon? not them but u. They cant blame u when they the ones at fault. They gave excuses when u called them up. WHat is this, man. All bull-shitting. BF is not their life. They chose it, they live with it. For that kind of friend, im not gonna care about anymore. She wants to be that, let her be. Last time i used to give her face to go for school gathering, now? hahah no way. Whatever it is, i've ever existed in her life when she has a bf and always used me to go out when she broke up (she doesnt have a car). When i didnt reply her message, she thought im angry with her bla bla. She told me bull shit stuff like where's she working bla bla. darn. Like i care. She eventually wrote a letter to say sorry, can u imagine that? She cant even call up. And... she wrote to me in BM (i dunno chinese). what the heck is going on with these people. Arrgh. She even thought that im a driver, drive her here and there. :@

Wow...elle, ur situation sounds like mine too (but I dun drive tongue.gif ). Well gal, let's give them a kick on the ass. Hehehe biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif