Sign in to follow this  
WildBerry

Work Clothes/Office Look

Hi theng,

for me work clothes there consist of tops that can go with jackets (more versatile that way) after work hrs take off the jackets and heheehhe i'm there with some added accessories.

so blook have those nice tops can goes well with jackets and also some nice pants that u can wear for work too.

i also cote for G2000. I think their quality is better than Padini. My Padini (Jacket) only 1 year plus alreadt tear and wear ohmy.gif

But my U2 Jacket more than 5 years still with me rolleyes.gif

i normally get from mng, g2000, u2...

actually soda have some nice working skirts and pants... i have 2 skirts from there. also, if u can manage to get during sales, even cheaper

Arghhhh I'm in dilemma! I'm starting work on Monday and I haven't worn anything formal to work before (Designer ma! Now working in a much more corporate environment). I try to break away from the mundane work shirt and long dark pants/knee length skirt. And I don't know what shoes to wear! And accessories! *pull hair. I found this when I was researching, http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/articles/4569, but some of the items are too hot for our weather here. I'm looking at some shirt dress as well but I'm wondering where can I get them here. The online ones look so expensive >_<

Any suggestions or tips?

Go to Elements in Pavillion or The Curve. They have some really nice office wear pieces and are of high quality. Skirts retail about RM70 and above and the shirts are around RM60 and above. Best to buy them during their sale.

Elements is not bad. Can also fit tiny sizes. I've not seen ppl wear trench coats to work yet, but they do look chic and fashionable, and the designs can be very pretty too :-)

Or u can try to get at nichii. Cheap and nice suits they have.

trench coat looks nice but i scared will be over dressed cuz of the weather and rank cuz it looks superior lol

i'm checking out nichii later today, just saw a thread recommending the clothes there.

i think elements had sale at curve last week. i tried of of their shirts but the chest area is quite tight :crybaby:

I usually bought mine from G2000, Zara, ELLE and sometimes Nichii..

Nichii is the most affordable one, also looks fashionable, but quality wise...it really depends..

But i'll recommend Nichii for fresh grads who have restricted budget, the design are young and presentable

G2000 and Zara (or MNG also from Spain) has real nice cutting, which fits me very well..

But i find tat G2000 is getting more and more expensive and i feel it is a bit over-priced..and they are becoming more and more sales-oriented like U2 previously..also for the comfortability, G2000's fabric sometimes are not that comfy comparing to ELLE..i'm very particular abt tis

Therefore personally i'll prefer ELLE..vote for its comfortability and quality of fabrics..considering the price are comparable to G2000 and Zara

G2000 offers a range of working attire that is why there is always something that you can pick up from there. But its undeniable quite pricey. Not really that worth it unless there's sales where there is 30-70% off. I pick mine from MNG, Zara and Isetan and occasionally G2000. Isetan have quite a lot of working clothes range that is affordable. Needless to say especially when there is sales :D

i bought my suit from zara, office shirts from other places like g2000, dorothy perkins, mango, esprit.

if you want a proper suit, i think tailoring it might be a good choice!

anybody knows where can I get this kinda skirt? pencil skirt? which has narrowing cutting towards the knee. :)

sxyfashionqueenrihanna5rw8.th.jpg

(image borrowed from princess_intan's thread in Beauty and Fashion Classifieds)

Edited by Aster

like wat i've said, it really depends, u have to choose properly..

i have a few skirts and one piece dresses from them, quality wise is not bad

i have tried Nichii shirts, blouses and pants b4 but the cutting is just ok for me so i never buy

I bought a blouse from Nichi yesterday and it’s quite nice. But I prefer to buy my work clothes from Element. Got 2 skirts yesterday at The Curve at only RM67, after discount :D