Sign in to follow this  
tsukushi

Do you spoil your boyfriend?

I wanted to get something nice for my boyfriend's birthday but sum how he said he does not want me to do that. I told him that he always spoils me *with flowers, surprise dinner plans/movies, always pay for everything when we go out* so in return I wanted to give him something nice on special occasions like birthday and anniversaries. But he said it's not suppose to be that way like it's better to let the guy do the pampering..

Why is that? Perhaps the guys in the forum can shed some light on this.

Edited by tsukushi

i think until now he really love you more than himself lo.... he gave all the good things to you but he himself not willing to spent for himself.....

my bf also treat me like that.... and that makes me don't know what to do when any special date comes. but i think we shouold see what he love the most but he can't afford or not willing to buy for himself one.... buy that for him.... but i think guys always loves toys....

I wanted to get something nice for my boyfriend's birthday but sum how he said he does not want me to do that. I told him that he always spoils me *with flowers, surprise dinner plans/movies, always pay for everything when we go out* so in return I wanted to give him something nice on special occasions like birthday and anniversaries. But he said it's not suppose to be that way like it's better to let the guy do the pampering..

He loves you so much that's why you deserved to be pampered. Just appreciate his pampering.

Sometimes he is just denial verbally, but he still likes some surprises from you.

Just his men ego thingy is fooling his mind.

Coz I was the same way like your bf too.

Maybe you should just go ahead and surprise him instead of asking or informing him about his gift. Coz if you tell him up front of course he’s going to tell you not to buy him anything. But truth is men secretly like to be surprised and pampered too though they will deny it . So plan for a nice dinner (without him knowing) then give him his gift, he’ll be thoroughly surprised.

Maybe you should just go ahead and surprise him instead of asking or informing him about his gift. Coz if you tell him up front of course he’s going to tell you not to buy him anything. But truth is men secretly like to be surprised and pampered too though they will deny it . So plan for a nice dinner (without him knowing) then give him his gift, he’ll be thoroughly surprised.

yup totally agree

go for it! but if he's the thrifty kind, then don't splurge on too expensive gifts, he may end up nagging you instead... u__u" like what my sis did to her bf... heh heh heh

I would suggest you to go ahead with the surprise too. Guys are like that, they'll tell you ...nah, no need to buy me things, no need to go out and eat. But deep inside, they love it. They just wanna see how us, girls will react to thei comments. Go for it, surprise him...

I thought guys always say what they want and unlike girls because normally we will answer something in opposite? Hahaha...if he say dont want, i will take it as dont want :P hahaha..

what i believe is that for guys... we have been brought up to take care of girls and stuff like that...

the next thing when we are in school is that girls are born to be pamper and luv... urm... not from the teacher though... :D though we did learn the reproductive lesson... *eye at the girls*

and... when he says he dun wan... heck... he actually do wan... juz that he doesn't wan to show it to u... we guys have pride.... especially those who is willing to support u instead of u supporting them... and u r tht fellows biggest pride... cos he manage to support u... :)

what i believe is that for guys... we have been brought up to take care of girls and stuff like that...

the next thing when we are in school is that girls are born to be pamper and luv... urm... not from the teacher though... :D though we did learn the reproductive lesson... *eye at the girls*

and... when he says he dun wan... heck... he actually do wan... juz that he doesn't wan to show it to u... we guys have pride.... especially those who is willing to support u instead of u supporting them... and u r tht fellows biggest pride... cos he manage to support u... :)

Ego ego...LOL

I think I get what you mean.. and yes my BF is like that.. According to him - that's how it suppos€e to work. Love it though. * but I am the sort that like to do things for him for no reason.. like making him chocolates for valentine or send him birthday cards .. those stuff so it is kind of hard not to get him anything. I wanted to show him how much I appreciate him too.

*went ahead and got him a t-shirt that he likes -- cheap but I knew he'd love it because it's his favourite anime shirt*

BTW on his bday - he kind of proposed to me - and I guessed I gav him a much better pressie - I accepted. :) Happy .. happy.. happy...

I thought guys always say what they want and unlike girls because normally we will answer something in opposite? Hahaha...if he say dont want, i will take it as dont want :P hahaha..

yup.. i also thought the same thing too..

doesn't have to buy him expensive gifts.. eg: i used to buy my ex's fav sweets and just put on his car windshield without him knowing and i bought him some flowers during valentine's day.. as for my hubby now, i get him lil presents everytime he comes back from work after 2 months

nicole, thats so sweet.

My bf is like the tsukushi's bf - always pampering me and paying for everything. makes me feel bad sometimes but he says its ok coz he's working and I'm not. So usually I would offer to bring him for dinner (and pay). Or sometimes I'll make cookies then nicely pack it and pass it to him when we go out. Once I sent him a card to his office address out of the blue.

To pamper him, when we're together (not very often) I treat him well, making his coffee before we sleep, morning iron his baju while he showers so that he doesnt hv to do it. Sometimes give him facials, massage.

I think guys like surprises and pampering (even tho most like to just act 'macho).

I think guys like surprises and pampering (even tho most like to just act 'macho).

i agree with that! hahahhaa..

anyways, i do too make coffee for my hubby when he wakes up in the morning plus i'm learning to cook now.. for him.. he doesn't demand like 4 dishes and a soup for every meal but sometimes i do cook.. every now and then..

tsukushi, maybe u could surprise your bf with buying his fav things.. eg: my hubby loves cars so anything related to cars like tamiya car model, mags, keychain and etc i would buy it for him.. OR maybe just a card every now and then to tell him how much u love him, miss him and etc.. it'd melt his heart for sure :)

ps: an e-card can do the trick too.. hallmark.com

Edited by ::Nicole::

ah..boys and their toys.

Unfortunatly, my bf wants an electric guitar. Expensive taste. I said, i buy u toy guitar can? lol

I sent him a card from enveluv.com the other day (actually wanted to test it out) to his office address. free cards! But so limited designs. I gave the thank you one and wrote a msg thanking him for being in my life. He was surprised and touched.

Edited by icednyior

After reading your posts, I feel somewhat inadequate. And a little sad. I regret not spoiling my man while I had the chance. I guess he thought I didn't care enough for him. I'm not capable of caring enough for him the way he wants it either. :(

Gals, please cherish your the men in your life who are dear to you ... If I could start all over with him again and rewind back to the first time I met him, I would have done things differently.

my bf spoils me more than i do to him...but even tho they might say tht they do not want it, you could still do something for them. no one would go tell your directly they want pampering(except for me la..haha). treat him with surprises and i am sure the outcome would be very satisfying.