Sign in to follow this  
brendon

Is there really a truly pure friendship between a gentleman and a lady?

Do you agree?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Your honest opinion..

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

^5 Cyndi! ^^ I treat my girl pals the same way as I treat my guy pals. Errr... sometimes they do get fed up of being treated like a guy so much. hehehehe... :P

Nah, don't worry about it. I'm fine with being a buddy, just remember to treat your wife like a lady, that's all.

Hehehe ...

i've got loads of guy friends la.

more guy friends than girl friends samo.

cause talk to guys is more fun.

girls tend to gossip alot.

guys can make you laugh :D

about this topic.. my mum told me that there's no such thing as pure friendship between a guy and a girl but i beg to differ.. i was from all girls school.. so during college times, i mixed alot with guys.. we ended up going for mamak, snooker, talk about cars, talk about chicks and etc.. as for me, my list on msn consists more guys than girls.. same goes to my phone list! :P

i've a friend whom i've known since 9 years ago.. we worked in the same company.. we're close.. he saw what i went through in life with r'ships.. we always spend time watching movies, having dinner and etc.. altho his gf was in ipoh, he still travels to meet her during weekends AND now they're married! i've asked him before 'u know, it's kinda weird that we don't cross that friend's line.. how come??'.. hahahaha.. i guess un-consciously we've drew a line :)

and i have another ex-collegemate.. at one time while we're out, he asked me 'eh, that girl got no butt hor'? he told me about his sex life and r'ships.. to him, i'm like his brother =.= or him, as my sista..

anyways, since i'm married now i've ALMOST stop being so close with my guy friends.. coz my hubby doesn't believe that there's pure friendship between a guy and a girl too.. oh well, he's a guy and always away working so i don't want him to feel insecure and jealous hence i'd try not to be so close with my friends and they too understand my situation :)

btw, i don't know why.. i find it hard to click with girls.. coz i've seen girls back stabbing me, feeling jealous, bitch about me and etc.. as for guys, i can talk to them about anything! OR maybe my interests are more boy-ish :P

Edited by ::Nicole::

btw, i don't know why.. i find it hard to click with girls.. coz i've seen girls back stabbing me, feeling jealous, bitch about me and etc.. as for guys, i can talk to them about anything! OR maybe my interests are more boy-ish :P

Yes, it is really hard for me to look for a genuine girl friend as well. I have only one or two in my whole life. Others are practically back-stabbing, feeling jealous and all. It is really hard to be best friends with girls. However, I really want a girl friend whom I can share everything with. Sometimes, guys just don't understand girls that much. :unsure:

I myself have plenty of guy friends too, and there's nothing wrong with it at all. We have fun together, hang out together, but one thing is that guys can never replace the kind of companionship and understanding you get from girls. True, girls bitch, gossip, backstab... but every girl needs girl friends to bitch, whine, and cry to, or for advice. The key is striking a balance, I guess.

Also one thing about platonic relationships, of course it can exist. But also I've seen many people who start out as friends, then on to best friends, and eventually feelings get involved and either they end up dating or the whole relationship gets messed up. When you start to get closer to someone, to really know them, spend all your time with them, almost like best friends, it's only quite normal for feelings to arise. If you love the person enough to want to be that close to them in the first place, it's only a matter of time before that fondness turns into romantic feelings. I've been through it, or rather am going through it now. <_<

i think there is no pure friendship between two gender. how can it happen? in study of psychology, both gender are suppose to attract. what more being alone together? but, of course, if they both know how to control different story. i have more guy friends than girls, they know how to respect me. but parents always say not to mix too much with guys.

i believe that there can be pure friendships between males and females. of course, sometimes there is a need to draw lines, but that is to keep ourselves from making mistakes. there are a lot of attraction going around between a lot of people, but that doesnt mean you want every one that you're attracted to to be your boy/girlfriend

i believe that there can be pure friendships between males and females. of course, sometimes there is a need to draw lines, but that is to keep ourselves from making mistakes. there are a lot of attraction going around between a lot of people, but that doesnt mean you want every one that you're attracted to to be your boy/girlfriend

Very well said. In regard to your last line, I think a lot of people (usually guys) have trouble making that distinction. They think physical attraction = full steam ahead! lol. They fail to analyze and scrutinize and ultimately realise the situation for what it really is...this is just my own personal observation anyway. I have personally heard or seen so many guys complaining about not being able to get a girl, but when I ask them key questions about that girl, they are at a loss to answer. When you strip away all the bullshit, it usually comes down to "She is pretty". Buuut, no connection...no relationship...that's just the way it is for the most part.

Long lost thread is alive again!

I do have close friendship with some of my female friends. We can talk about everything under the sun. I think this sort of mutual friendship helps both parties in understanding the opposite sex better.

I don't know, I got a few guy friends who I threat like my girlfriends.

for me it's pure friendship, and they threat me like their younger sister.

yeah, they help me carry my handbag like a woman (srsly) when I'm lazy or busy, choose my clothings when we all shop together, commenting on my appearance, make ups..etc.

ALOT of my bf's/exbf/exexbf bestfriends are girls, too, but they're never attracted to them also, can tell.

obviously need some attraction to be friends, but might not be the "lovey dovey" kinda attraction. Like how I am attracted to particular girls whom I want to be friends with (smart decent ones), whereas others I just stay away(ah lians, no manners kind).

I'll put it this way. The only way a guy and a girl can be nothing but VERY CLOSE FRIENDS is if there's no sexual attraction between the two of them. If one side wants something more, the friendship invariably falls apart when one of the parties loses self-control and makes the other uneasy. Speaking from experience. ^_^

yes it does tho! jz like me n kevin,v r vr gd frn. cn oso say is bes frn edi bout 6-7 yrs in taekwondo trainin.. 4gt edi.. another1is kenneth, 2-3 yrs edi.. ppl alwiz think we curi curi dating but d fact is we go play game together nia at cc, ntg much.. all we do is sharin same interest..it reli depends on both party de commitment la, jz don gt misunderstood.

Lolz. All guys are buayas. Girls are also fox tailed.

The only difference is how buaya and fox tailed each person is.

Like ayachineros said. If there is no sexual attraction. Then maybe.

I was speaking from experience. ^_^ Several of my so-called good female friends weren't really my friends at all. Some wanted something more which I couldn't provide. That's why I avoid getting to friendly with a girl I have a romantic interest towards nowadays. Makes things messy if it doesn't work out. :machinegun::2guns:

i still strongly believe there's a close guy-girl friendship only,

unless u're traditional/ conservative minded, or have been mixing with the wrong kinds all ur life.

i voted no. never believe that guys (straiht guy) will have pure friendship with you without hidden agenda. Unless he is gay/sissy. All my guys friend that was close all around me before is either gay or sissy. But still some of them gimme headacne buy trying to look normal n gentlman in public by flirtering with me. eeeaawww!!! Its ok at the beginning until one of them become very bitcy. He played my girlfrend( knowing that she kinda secretly fall in love with this gay.. aiya...). He doesnt even loved her but still he make her believe that. What he gets in return??? He ask for the girl money, sold her family bussiness just to pleased him with all this material. Try to warn her but we ended not talking for 2 years now. dunno what to do... just let them do what they wanted to do. Its not happen once in mylife but twice. This even hurt me for real. I was blammed for everything......aiya...

I felt sorry for you luvcohlisa and your friend. Well, i would say that 'guy' is a disgrace to man species. No wonder men are getting bad impression now a days.

But anyways, I have a few friends who are females which i don't think we're more than friends. Friends, and nothing more.

I guess different people have different ways to exposure and thus meeting the different types of people.

So i understands if you had a bad experience. But it's okay, somehow you know that this such incident could happen and it did.

Life is always unfair.

=]

thanks keatsan.... yup. life is really unfair sometimes. i learned much from the past..

I felt sorry for you luvcohlisa and your friend. Well, i would say that 'guy' is a disgrace to man species. No wonder men are getting bad impression now a days.

But anyways, I have a few friends who are females which i don't think we're more than friends. Friends, and nothing more.

I guess different people have different ways to exposure and thus meeting the different types of people.

So i understands if you had a bad experience. But it's okay, somehow you know that this such incident could happen and it did.

Life is always unfair.

=]

i learned...

Dat u cannot make someone 2 love u,

All U can Do is 2 be someone who can be loved.

i learned...

No matter how much i care,

Some people just don't care back.

i learned...

That it takes years 2 build trust,

Only second 2 destroy It.

I learned..

It isn't enough 2 b forgiven by others,

Sometimes U have 2 learn to forgive yourself

I learned..

No matter how bad your heart broken,

The world wont care to fix it.

I learned...

Watched your saying when tempered,

Verbal wound bleed longer and da scar stay forever.

I learned...

Lovers and friends comes and go,

heartache for life sure it be,

Prayers and patient to do

And become the best of ME....