shadowprincess

Chicken Pox

Have u had ur chicken pox?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Have u had ur chicken pox?

• yes
    • no
    • i took the anti-chickenpox injection

the chicken pox if u burst it got smell wan ar? shocking.gif luckily i din burst it last time.... sweatdrop.gif

the VP chased u home? then u didnt get to do the exam ar?

Yeah...just like what Cossie said.

Yeap, didn't write that year's final exam. My final marks are all derived from the CAs (Continual Assessments - homework, class/lab tests quizzes etc.)

I got my chicken pox when i was 8 year old! i got it from my classmate mad.gif then, i have to rest at home for 3 weeks as i got a high fever and alot of poxies all over face and body...~sighhhh~ and i have no idea how i burst two poxies on my face! now i got 2 very obvious scars on my face!!! crybaby.gif

Is there any way that concealer can cover up my poxies scars? Please advise...

I got my chicken pox in Sept 2004 - i was 23.

so late only kena....dunno got it from who la.

felt so terrible that morning - tot i got a normal flu at first

then later got home from work...i realised that i was having spots ohmy.gif

the biggest pox was at the top of my head...so pain pain msn-cry.gif luckily face just a few tongue.gif not visible now biggrin.gif

my doctor gave me medicine to lessen the outbreak...after 2 days - no new pox pop up.

my mom prepared my meals - no chicken, no soya sauce

mine not that itchy la - got that pinkish lotion to put.

I got chicken pox at the age of 15 and missed one school exam. rolleyes.gif

At first a big one on my forehead, which I thought is a huge pimple or something; then on both of my hands. I thought I was infected with some kind of skin diseases, only realized that was chicken pox after consulting the doctor.

Nothing serious happened, left me a few marks though. I just hate the itchiness!

Had mine somewhere 15, don really felt suffer n itchiness (lucky me i guess), but at that period my grandma everyday made me "kong yu chi" porridge till me muntah oh!Now i don eat kong yu chi, everytime i smelt it i feel like vomitting! puke.gif

My fren took the anti-chickenpox injection about half year ago during school time n still get infected by her cousin bro now...Too bad...Y? becuz of her mouth la..She say luckything she took the injection already n by afternoon....she feel fever already....pity..lucky i took 2 anti-chickenpox injection already..one in clinic n another in school..

I got my chicken pox around Form3~, by then,almost close to the PMR, so have to take some medcine to force it out quickly, darn painful... i recovered in a week time and back to class.

had mine at form 5... lucky before exams, before trials...

my teacher even told my classmates to visit me so they can get it... before exams come

n my fren told me, the first pox normally leaves a mark.. mine did... :(

Edited by frolic_pjann

Had mine past 7 month ago .. huh is very horrible..

Still go to school even have chicken pox for the first 2 day cause i do not know that thinggy was

chickenpox.. i thought that was because of my skin sensitive .. there is around my chest bond area..

haha so no doubt ..!!

but after i check it up with my mum .. my mum said it was chicken.. OMG...

then consult the doctor...

and lastly get MC for a week and continue with my second term holiday.. haha

so lucky ...

get holiday for 3 week .. =)

had mine at 12 just after UPSR back then. so got a long holiday hehehe... anyway yeah the first pox always leave a mark. mine is behind my neck.

mine is around upsr time.. darn syok le when in sch, all dare not touch u... lolx...

well i had my chicken pox when i was 12 and believe or not i took leave fr school on friday and was back to school next tuesday. hehe only 4 days. fast le. only have few on my inside of my palm and i thinks some on my back and yeah my mom uses calamine on me too. to sooth the itchness.

but i think the reason the the fast recovery was most probably i pierced my ears around the same time and all the pus went to the ears and i can tell you it hurts...my mom tried to take out the stud from the piercing as now my ears all swollen and red and got pus too. anyway to cut the story short the stud came out from behind. all i can do was cry and my ear went all bloody. aiks feel pain also just remembering.

I got it right 3 days before my finals in Sem 2 about 6 years ago.

It was not the itch..it was the lousy feeling.I only drank soya...eat bread..sleep..this was back in the days when I did not have air cond.

My crotch got really hot and I think my testes got bigger....had to walk kangkang like that.....

Then it is the shower....urgh....I had like a cake of oil on my face from not able to shower for 4 days!

chicken pox... i didnt know i got it till i found out the blisters were not pimples... coz i got pimples on the back during hot days...

then... abit fever.. go see doc.. doc give Acyclovir 800mg pills... feels darn itchy and darn sad.... now my face got scars...my tummy got scars... dot dot like that.. >.<

http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc002877cj.jpg > my pills

http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc002640jh.jpg > when it first started

http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc003122ij.jpg > when it got worst

i'm getting the vaccine soon.. hate chicken pox >_<

I had it when I was 13.

My mum everyday gave me drink 'coconut juice'.

She said this is to reduce the heat in my body.

Sigh, anyway, I got 2 obvious scars on my forehead all because of chicken pox. :crybaby::crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

i had it when i was 22, it's mean last year... so now can see few scars on my face... Sigh.. Hate it, i should take the anti-chicken pox injection earlier...

hey there! im a new member here and i just got chicken pox yesterday. it started from my neck then on my right arm, and now my face is full of red stuff. im scared that water's gonna appear on those red spots tomorrow, its just so disgusting! plus my bum hurts when im watching tv.

by the way, can i turn on the aircon? cause its so hot and i keep sweating. i just makes me feel more irritated..

Edited by huggiebear

phew...i got anti-chickenpox injection b4 my spm....coz few of my frens got chickenpox near spm..was so afraid tht i might get it too..

You haven't been feeling so great for the last few days, and you've had a runny nose and a cough. Then one morning you wake up and stumble into the bathroom. You look in the mirror with blurry eyes and - yikes! You have chickenpox!

What Is Chickenpox?

Chickenpox is caused by a virus called varicella zoster

People who get the virus often develop a rash of spots that look like blisters all over their bodies

What Happens When You Have Chickenpox?

Chickenpox may start out seeming like a cold: You might have a runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, and a cough. But 1 to 2 days later, the rash begins, often in bunches of spots on the chest and face. From there it can spread out quickly over the entire body - sometimes the rash is even in a person's ears and mouth. The number of pox is different for everyone. Some people get just a few bumps; others are covered from head to toe.

How Does Chickenpox Spread?

Chickenpox is contagious , meaning that someone who has it can easily spread it to someone else. Someone who has chickenpox is most contagious during the first 2 to 5 days that he or she is sick. That's usually about 1 to 2 days before the rash shows up. So you could be spreading around chickenpox without even knowing it