Sign in to follow this  
MayWong

Where To Dine on Valentines Day

Good customer service then I would say. One that knows how to impress the customers and get the business going. wink.gif

may i ask abt the Ivy contact? n how is de price rangee lik?? smile.gif

his name is alvin loh, 0123959083 or 03-26932260

it depends on wat u order, but my frens told me its reasonable for fine dining, but really depending on what food u order..

but for v day, definately they have some special package for couples.... can call them and get them to fax u a menu...

i have a recommendation if u ever come to where i'm at,

its this place called baan thai .... very delicious food they've got... ... i wanna go there for valentines!! you heard that sweetie? bring me here for valentines laughing.gif

i was at Barn Thai in Langkawi a few days back but im not sure whether this Barn Thai is the same as your Baan Thai confused1.gif

i heard that there's an outlet in KL but im not sure where that is.

the one in Langkawi is located quite deep in the jungle blink.gif

you park your car along main road and need to walk like 500 metres into the woods along lamp-lit wooden bridge.

the setting is quite awesome; cozy ambience, very tropical and the food is not bad at all except that the price is sligggghtly at the high side. who cares about the price when you are able to enjoy the moment with your loved one wink.gif

there's a discussion on restaurant in another thread and we did mention tamarind spring/hill in the thread. maybe you guys could refer to that for more info and feedback.... cheeeerrrrrsss.

hey, talking bout thai food, would really recommend sri ayuthayya... theres one in damansara, and another in putrajaya.. both really really good service. somehow, service is very important tome, it kinda makes the whole trip more enjoyable, and food tastier.. hehehe

food there is good too! try the kerabu mangga, kangkung belacan, wok fried sotong (served with the wok on fire! very impressive!) and the desert.. wooo... all types of traditional thai deserts, very tasty.. YUM YUM!!!!

great ambience too... and damansara branch its on the 1st level, can choose to seat outdoor at the balcony, overlook the highway... and breezy too

price a bit high, but totally worth it... i spend all my hsemates when i started a new job, cost me about RM160 only, have bout 5 dishes, and desert, drinks.. ( 4 of us)... i feel its very worth it...

Theres this place - The Ivy, at Jln Doraisamy, KL, near the loft, few friends says its such a nice place for V day, fine dining.. cozy ambience... anyone else know bout this place?

The Ivy's Vday special is Rm188 per couple...set dinner but don't know the exact menu....but worth it if ambience is good la

beside western and italian food, how bout japanesse, thai or korean style? tongue.gif i want something special for this coming valentines...

jacqline,

depends on girls la...some find mamak too cheap then will show sour face pulak ! and then instead of happy happy moment it turns otherwise wor

sometimes, price wouldn't matter...

theres one Vday where we were still in college, not much budget, we buy stuff and cook at home.. haha.. saves money lor.. and instead of wine or champagne, we drink sparkling juice.. hehehe... its a great vday too

we buy stuff and cook at home.. haha.. saves money lor.. and instead of wine or champagne, we drink sparkling juice.. hehehe... its a great vday too

My bf suggestion tis to me b4..

I BAN it dy.................................... laughing.gif

aiyah, why ban it? its nice mar, romantic, susah susah also 'ngai' together mar... sweet if he will cook for u.. hehehe...

then convenient if feel like getting more 'romantic' after dinner.. hahaha

I saw this ad in thestar today. Its the Valentine's dinner show at Crowne Plaza Hotel.

You can call this number for more enquiries: 603.2146.3984 / 603.2146.3985.

well, will try there someday.. but not vday... definately going to The Ivy for Vday...

so hav u called up de restaurant? May i know abt the menu n pricing???

De hp number u gave.. he said he wasn't working teh...

the menu that we chose is this

baked oyster with caviar sabayon , grilled asparagus hollndaise, lime & rose glace, saffron Risotto with lobster, or grilled salmon on waem spinach & roast pepper salad or heb crusted rack of lamb wif peas & shallots, malt choc mouse for 2 to share... RM228 nett , per couple

Call alwin - 012-3959083

i ordered from him... maybe can mention my name kua, so he know i recommend,, dunno y he told u hes not working there lor.. hehe.. i jsut called him to reconfirm the menu... excuse lah, to ask him y he said hes not working. hehe.. he say not sure who called lah.. anyway, he ask you to call again...

the menu that we chose is this

baked oyster with caviar sabayon , grilled asparagus hollndaise, lime & rose glace, saffron Risotto with lobster, or grilled salmon on waem spinach & roast pepper salad or heb crusted rack of lamb wif peas & shallots, malt choc mouse for 2 to share... RM228 nett , per couple

i think you made the right choice. it's quite worth it!!! it's hard to find a place that does not ketuk you during this day and serve great food. i'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

cafe cafe is slightly pricy. but the food is really good. the place is pretty but slightly too dark don't you think? i wouldn't be able to spot a fly in my soup. another great place (great=pricey) is cilantro at MiCasa. i'll rate MiCasa above cafe cafe and lafite. but food there is slightly rich, some people might not like it.

maywong: i'm not sure abt that.. he juz ask us to call some1 else-vincent. Btw my bf hav called up de restaurant de other day.. n get them to fax de menu.. n hav booked a place teh 2.. ^-^

Btw.. thks for ur help..

no prob gal, glad to be of help.. do enjoy!~!.. food is fabulous!~!~ hehehe...

my fren told me about this place called Passion Road... heard it not bad too, sort of private bungalow type of dining.. but im not sure where exactly it is lah