Sign in to follow this  
MoonAngel

Lies in a relationship

What are the lies you've told or being told before in a relationship? Lies that you find to be the most unaccepatable? Can you accept lies in a relationship? And what is the borderline of your acceptance in such matter? Share your views and experiences. smile.gif

Lie for a good cause is better than telling the whole truth sometimes... rolleyes.gif

it depends on the situation also!!

Tryth Hurts,

To hurt your love one?

How many of us can take the truth?

i can not accept lies in a relationship unless he gives me a good reason why he lies to me at first after i find out he lies to me.

'm straight forward,frank and honest. i won't lie to my bf, even i doing something at his back, but my heart would feel lo lo ruin, finally i will go and tell him what i have hide from him.. i will go zi shao.. tongue.gif

so we trust each other very much... he won't lie to me as well...... but it is depend,

white lie is acceptable...

I actually prefer honesty. A little white lie still forgiveable. But if constantly lie (don't care if big or small), then end of the road liao~

I actually prefer honesty. A little white lie still forgiveable. But if constantly lie (don't care if big or small), then end of the road liao~

1 2nd u.....agreed

What you don't know, won't hurt you!

I do agree on this. Sometimes human just have to lie to make life easier. Most ppl called it honesty, but i believe it got an ugly side also. By being honest, u released ur guilt n created a disappointment/sadness to the 1 u're being honest with. My opinion is to weight the consequences between to lie or to be honest.

What are the lies you've told or being told before in a relationship? Lies that you find to be the most unaccepatable? Can you accept lies in a relationship? And what is the borderline of your acceptance in such matter? Share your views and experiences. smile.gif

1. I like your mom (except for one whose mom I like. Even brought her out for lunch on a motorcycle). I forgive you. I'm not angry with you. I think you look great in spandex. I don't love you anymore.

2. Any lie I suppose. A relationship is supposed to be build on things like trust and honesty too.

3. Unacceptable but Forgiveable. tongue.gif

4. It's either black or white. Grey areas in relationships aren't healthy.

I'm a ger who always lie (sad case la. But i does find need to lie most of the time especially when u're at work place.)

When i'm into my 1st relationship(and still in), I still lied a little. But when i'm serious into the relationship I did not lie at all and i expect honesty in the relationship. I dunno y ... although i lied a lot in the past, i couldn't tolerate lies in a serious relationship. I tink in a relationship... especially a serious one, the other partner should treat u as somebody (perhaps the only one) he or she can trust and open up to.

I wan a partner who is honest and someone i can trust for the rest of my life. I dun wanna spend the rest of my life wondering which sentence he tells me is true and which is lie. I'd rather b single.

My current partner did lie and i did forgive him but threaten to leave him if i discover anymore lies from him.

If ur partners lie, it's not juz lie, it's the disappointment along with mistrust.

Lies lies lies. Well to me, it really depends on how much I trust my gf lor, the more you trust someone the more a lie can dissappoint you. I do trust my gf alot cause thats what I tihnk a relationship is all about. It also depends on the subject matter of the lie, and whether it was a deliberate act.

If ur partners lie, it's not juz lie, it's the disappointment along with mistrust.

Agree. Those are the greatest consequences of lying, and after too many lies, it's hard to trust the person as you once did anymore...

sometimes there are things in men women wont understand and vice versa, if you reach that point i think you have to lie.

hmmm well, i would wonder why to lie if...

1. There is good communication

2. There is understanding...

3. Both is sincere and honest

rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif

the #2 item wouldnt really be 100%. man are from mars, women are from venus. biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

Agree. But it's difficult... Not all couples can reach all 3 stages though... Just like what brat said. wink.gif

hehe yeah i would agree its not easy to reach all 3 levels. But for couple that did, u would really be like "Wow" at them.. hehee

no one is perfect. there will always a lil lie and huge lie... and i would be in the 1st category =P but for my recent bf, we are honest to each other!

why need to lie....?? if U lie U'll do something to cover up the lies u said & eventually will end up with another lie to cover the previous 1 then this will create more problem in nex time when find out. It's so simple just tell the truth y have to cover up ? if he/she love you they'll listen, lies = sin ........

Everyone lies. For couple to say that there are no lies in their relationship, they're only lying to themselves. The intention or rather unintention to deceive comes naturally.

No offence. Just my 2 sen.

ho hummm lie lie lie.. hmmm i lie all the time even now :P so come kill me. but so far never lie in any relationship... must try that one over the next blue moon.

i second you moo....there will always be lies in our life...not just the relationship itself. no matter how you don't like it or how you can't accept it, you can never get away from lies. i honestly hate lies a lot. i couldn't accept my partner lying to me & i will constantly remind him of what he did(ie. the lies). yes, i sound like a biatch for not being able to truly understand the meaning of forgive & forget. but tht's life. no one is perfect & i'm not one either. i do lie to him as well....although deep down in my heart, i hope for his forgiveness whenever i do so, i know it will never happen because i'm not forgiving him. what makes me better in letting him forgiving me?

a lie is not a lie if you've found out....

so...better safe-keep dat lie and never let it be found....better not to know than to be hurt because of the knowledge..

so far...i havent lie yet...about my bf...i didnt know...i never know....yet....haha