Sign in to follow this  
skye

What do you do with cosmetics that didnt suit you?

Bought already the cosmetics that we wanted, then found that its not suitable for skin or not suitable at all, how ?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Bought already the cosmetics that we wanted, then found that its not suitable for skin or not suitable at all, how ?

• leave it there till expire or pretend its not there.
    • give away to sister, mother, friends....
    • sell it away to sister, friends
    • throw it away after awhile
    • others (please tell....)

michellechen: cool! didnt know got such website..

I also got 2 knw bout this website fr other MYB members... smile.gif If u r interested, do check it out. Mayb u can swap sum of ur stuf ther 2... smile.gif

I also got 2 knw bout this website fr other MYB members... :) If u r interested, do check it out. Mayb u can swap sum of ur stuf ther 2... :)

Yea, :nod: do check it out... I join tht site but not so activ ler... I find most US swappers dun like 2 do international swaps n not many activ msian swappers ther... :P But I find it quite useful 2 check out d product reviews ther... :)

Either I just leave it there, or give to my sister or my friends. Such nail lacquer - I will directly give to my friends becoz I never use it.

Where do you live?

I'm at Old Klang Road so I normally go to the Avon at Jln Puchong or I'll go to the one in the complex connected to Sg Wang, forgot the name.

I'm a member also but only buy things for myself and mum. Really worth it especially if there's discounts. I'm very happy with the Anew Clinical white bottle thing for wrinkles, really plumps out the skin and wrinkles becomes less noticeable! Other than that I've never tried their skincare, so far only buy the makeup and perfumes.

I give it to my mum and sister :P

I'll give to my friends as gifts, usually it's not because I don't like the colour, but bcoz of impulse buying (during sale, promotion, or just to top up n get tier gifts).

I only find it hard to give cosmetics/beauty products that I win from magazine/etc contest and it's usually not exchangeable so really.. the pits if they select a product that is way off from what u usually use.. sigh

for this i keep..until... i remember it's there.. or until when I know a friend suits it then i give.. (no use giving ppl what they don't use also.. :( later chuck in trash can)

i like the idea of a swap party?? maybe u girls should organize a dinner party where we can show our stash and swap among each other. Or sell cheaper?

Actually if something not suit for me, I'll just leave it there. Before reach the expired date, my mum/sis will use them d. If they don't want, then my mum will giv it to others like friends or cousins. Anyway, my mum will scold me or talk many things before she give them to others. Say I waste money wor... :whistling:

i usually keep them aside 1st... then when mom complain my stuff getting more and more, then probably will throw away some. Or else, use it again

if is moisturizer.. haha i will use on my feet... :P .. but for lip stick or wat... mix the color up... foundation.. give to others

facial foam.. erm.. use as body shampoo :P

haha depends on the item la..

Erm... sometimes i give to my mom... most of the time just leave it there until it's time to go to the bin... i dont really have much girl friends or any sis to share share or give away...

If moisturiser not suitable for face then I will use on body or as hand lotion haha. When I got older and wiser, start to buy better makeup, my old eyeshadow and lipstick give to friends.

I also put it away and pretend it's not there... at the end though it nags at me. But like others said.... don't know who to give to. I have a bunch of hair care products I don't use anymore... take space only.

Oh yeah... makeupalley.com, I love their reviews! I always consult with that site first before buying anything... :) Swapping here sounds like a good idea, but we need a system like feedback, etc.

I will sell them online if it's still pretty new, in good condition and have some resell value ie. stuff above RM10. Cheaper than that and I'll ignore and let it collect dust :X

Hi!! I leave it there until spring clean time, will throw away...sigh see until "eye soar"..so lastly will throw. Its such a waste. Like my dejavu mascara, i used once, never use already. I don't think not much ppl will buy used cosmetics rite?? Or else we can all sell it all and not throwing it away.

sell or swap lor.
sell to get back some money and not rugi all entirely.
then can have more funds to continue searching for products that might suit you.
swap or exchange products among friends.
what may not work for you might work for them. what may not work for them might work for you. smile.gif

If you gals sell online, where do you sell and how?

Because I'm going through this problem right now, I bought a Diorskin foundation that's too dark and pink for my skin -- I tried to exchange it at the store for another colour, but they don't let me sad.gif
So now I'm stuck with the thing. The thing is I really like the foundation, but not the colour so it'll be such a waste not to use it. So I'm thinking of selling it to my friends here but they all have pale white skin so the foundation (a bit tan colour) won't suit them. If I sell this one, I can get back a bit of the money I spent and buy a new one with the right colour.

Prob is I don't know how to go about selling it XP

Last few month i bought Clarins mascara n eyeliner..after awhile my eye felt itchy
i tot its normal, i tried again but still same problem
huh what to do..i have to give it away even tho its still new.. happy.gif