Sign in to follow this  
michellechen

Make up base/primer

i tot water based is liquid foundation.i think i hav both..of cuz i shake..shake well onli i pump out..if i shake more,it will look more like foam,if don realli shake,more like liquid..i think mine is ok..jenni is trying to say if there still sth inside but pump out nth onli considered spoilt?(correct ah jennijane?)hehe biggrin.gif

shu's foam base looks like a hair mouuse bottle, just not that big. it's not oily at all. one thing i found abt this product is, hv 2 be extra careful when 'pump' it, if press too hard, the head might break.

ar... i also blur adi... all i heard from the salesgirl said that,,,whenever u pump it out must see foam..... not liquid base or wutever.... ai... wutevr la. still can use if its still liquid de. lol

Long long time ago I have use make-up base,it's whitia(yellow bottle),that time I still study in secondary school,I also don't know use base for what just look for magazine they introduce so I go to buy & then use it before I make-up.

But after finish it,I never buy again & now I also no use any make-up base.I also less to use any foundation or 2-way cake,normaly I go out just use blusher & concealer.

I very afraid using some base or foundation will make my face very easy become oily especially my T-zone area but I always see at magazine or some tv show,they sure will use base,they always use the pearl color base,it seem like very important for before we make-up!

They say the base can help our make-up become more long lasting,but I feel the base will my skin become more oily...

If want prevent UV,we can use UV sun-block,because normaly the base SPF also very low,

so...

Someone can told me the base is really important??It's for what?I really don't understand for the base funtion...

for the base inrtoduction, can take a look at here:

http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5845

i suggest u at least use a make up base/sunblock b4 blusher or else it might harm ur skin.

Kassie,the base are really can protect our skin?I still doubt about the base funtion...

I just only know the base is make my skin easy become oily...Can you introduce some base are not oily?However sometime I'm using BB or maybelline oil-free foundation but only 1 hour my skin will be oily,why will like that... sad.gif

I very afraid the base will my face become so shinny like oily skin,my skin type are combination.

Thanks anyway~

then mayb u can try those make up base that r not in cream type.

try the shu uemura foam type make up base. heard the babes said its not bad.

or u might need to use some oil control skin care.

recogmand 1 brand for u gals, it is Channel make up base, very very nice, although i have oily skin, it still suit my skin, and the coverage is oso good, it is also have spf protection, lighting up the skin tone colour and it is natural.. love it, i feel it better than shu uemura 1...

recogmand 1 brand for u gals, it is Channel make up base, very very nice, although i have oily skin, it still suit my skin, and the coverage is oso good, it is also have spf protection, lighting up the skin tone colour and it is natural.. love it, i feel it better than shu uemura 1...

How much is it?

i'm using The Face Shop makeup base. Made from natural botanical ingredient.It has spf coverage, moisturizes, blendable and their texture is very light. my face doesn't feel heavy after applying it. dunno if KL is selling it or not.... unsure.gif 1 bottle of 40ml cost about RM60.

then mayb u can try those make up base that r not in cream type.

try the shu uemura foam type make up base. heard the babes said its not bad.

or u might need to use some oil control skin care.

Ya,I have use some control oil product,it's clinique T-zone shine control.I always using it before apply make up.

Yik peng,the channel base have how many color or it's have many series?

How much of it?

Ya,I have use some control oil product,it's clinique T-zone shine control.I always using it before apply make up.

then do u notice thats any changes or improvement after using it? or it doesnt suit u and migh need to change another brand?

then do u notice thats any changes or improvement after using it? or it doesnt suit u and migh need to change another brand?

I feel it's work for me,but only can tahan more then 1 hour...My face t-zone area still will be the 1st oily.I using it almost 1 year,after I want to try ettusais product.

Maybe the whether too,if day so sure my t-zone will be oily after 1 hour,if night can tahan 2 hour like that,but I hate it my nose always look shinny.

That also is the problem I less make-up,if I use foundation after 1 hour I must use the Gatsby Oil Clear Sheet,half of the sheet is my t-zone oil.

then did u see any improvement on ur skin? should have improvement or else, its time for u to change ur skin care de:D vice versa ma, always keep trying diff brand

my advice to u, dun use too much oil blotter. too much ll only make ur skin getting more n more oily.

fluene, pinkywon, i cant really remember that actual price... is around rm138/ rm158 like that.....hehe, i think is 138....

it got 2 colour, 1 is yellow base and 1 more is pink base. i brought the yellow base, it is almost transparents, natural, light!

i tink i'll skip base coz i'm more of a foundation gal.I feel if u apply base, foundation,loose powder or pressed powder on top of that , i feel it's clogging up our skin..Normally many will prefer a primer, where tiz primer is like a transparent gel type, it will even out ur skin n smooth ur pores.Then u apply foundation, u'll have the best skin ever.U can get tiz primer from Laura Mercier.

Basically make up base is no different compared to concealer. Its just that make up base is not as think or sticky like concealer.

ALso, concealers are more for selected areas like pimples, pigmentations..

whereas base can be put for the whole face.

in other words, its just that cosmetic companies have to keep creating new products for marketing strategies and to boost up sales..

therefore, own either a concealer or base should be sufficient. smile.gif

i tink i'll skip base coz i'm more of a foundation gal.I feel if u apply base, foundation,loose powder or pressed powder on top of that , i feel it's clogging up our skin..Normally many will prefer a primer, where tiz primer is like a transparent gel type, it will even out ur skin n smooth ur pores.Then u apply foundation, u'll have the best skin ever.U can get tiz primer from Laura Mercier.

umm... i think a base and a primer is similar??? I just watched Andy Lee's Makeup video on dvd... he was introducing some Mac product... and one of them is a prime..and it was introduce when he was talking bout makeup base. According to him, make up base serves as a 'separator' between our skin and foundation and other products - some would have the protective elements in them like moisturizing or spf etc. Make up base serves as to even out the skin tone.

For me, I find that combination of makeup base + foundation + loose powder makes my make up lasts and lasts. When I wipe off the cosmetic as night, my skin is still good and nice.

umm... i think a base and a primer is similar??? I just watched Andy Lee's Makeup video on dvd... he was introducing some Mac product... and one of them is a prime..and it was introduce when he was talking bout makeup base. According to him, make up base serves as a 'separator' between our skin and foundation and other products - some would have the protective elements in them like moisturizing or spf etc. Make up base serves as to even out the skin tone.

For me, I find that combination of makeup base + foundation + loose powder makes my make up lasts and lasts. When I wipe off the cosmetic as night, my skin is still good and nice.

yup, i m totally agree with u, i also try b4, only use liquid foundation+powder, and base+liquid foundation+powder, the result is slightly different! my make up was long lasting when use base, and my skin problem have been reduce.... base really work as protection!

Basically make up base is no different compared to concealer. Its just that make up base is not as think or sticky like concealer.

ALso, concealers are more for selected areas like pimples, pigmentations..

whereas base can be put for the whole face.

in other words, its just that cosmetic companies have to keep creating new products for marketing strategies and to boost up sales..

therefore, own either a concealer or base should be sufficient. smile.gif

i think make up base is totally diff as concealer..make up base is to protect ur skin while concealer is to conceal ur scar or pimple..it's diff i supposed

i m using the skin food purple lemon base.i personally find it's good,light n cheap tongue.gif

i'm using ettusais acne uv protector.. - can be use on pimples and acne skin, while not (spoiling) ur face~~

for me, make up base is to protect ur face from those harmful stuff like dust .. it's like prevent from it getting into pores, then will reduce pores got clog and got pimples or problem skin~