Sign in to follow this  
babyrin

Anti-aging products

Hey babes!

was wondering.. when should i start using anti-aging products? I'm 21 n don't have wrinkles yet, but prevention is better than cure right.. :P

and any anti-aging products to recommend? Is there any side effects of using anti-aging products at a young age? :unsure:

it's hard to say, yeah all the make up brands will tell u the better the earlier...

mostly are around 25 yrs old

but it depends on ur "skin age", means not ur age, some ppl may have 20-yr-old skin when they are 30's, some 16 but they already has a 25-yr-old skin

at 21, most important thg u have to do is - hydration and sun-protection

try focus ur investment on a good sunblock, and a hydration essence

if u still have some money to spend for an anti-aging product

then go for the essence, a light one, eg

Price ~RM200

1) Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair (30ml RM190, 50ml RM298)- already long established in market, very good as an anti-aging product for entry-level, texture is very light

2) Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum (100ml RM219)- i'm using it, couple with the eye serum too, love the relaxing aroma and the totally oil-free texture, still observing, so far very nice

3) Kose Astalution (price not sure, less than RM200)- contain Astaxanthink extract which has the 150x antioxidative properties comparing to Vitamin E

Price ~RM100

1) Olay Total Effect - famous for the 7 in 1, but i had never tried

2) L'oreal Derma Genesis- tried on the tester, quite nice!

These are only some of the products that i can thk of for now, less greasy and not too expensive, u can do ur own research on them :)

:P thanks for the info

is it true that girls with dry skin can start using anti-aging products earlier :unsure: coz the skin looks more wrinkly? I got dry skin :X

hmm how about bio-essence? anyone tried that?

Oh yeah.. when using anti-aging products.. what type of outcome are we supposed to see o... especially for gals who don have wrinkles yet.. how to see if the product is working ah? :D

Hello hello :)

Yeaa i always wonder when i should start using anti-aging creams too...and i'm only 21~! and yeaa i think 25 yrs is a good age to start using anti-aging... but before that i'll make sure i am well moisturised and use sunscreen :D .. i probably have really old skin for my age because when i was in High School i used to go to the beach and lie in the sun to tan...and worse i use to slather tanning oil all over my body including face so that i can tan faster! >_< sooo maybe i should start anti ageing now... i only started using sunblock recently >_<

Hey babes!

was wondering.. when should i start using anti-aging products? I'm 21 n don't have wrinkles yet, but prevention is better than cure right.. :P

and any anti-aging products to recommend? Is there any side effects of using anti-aging products at a young age? :unsure:

Hey babyrin. i think we girls should start using anti-aging products at the age of 21, especially if you have late nights all the time. hehehe so, lifestyle is an important factor also. I dont think there are any side effects using anti-aging products at young age.. just make sure that the product is compatible with yr skin. :wink3:

Hey babyrin. i think we girls should start using anti-aging products at the age of 21, especially if you have late nights all the time. hehehe so, lifestyle is an important factor also. I dont think there are any side effects using anti-aging products at young age.. just make sure that the product is compatible with yr skin. :wink3:

Wouldnt using anti-aging products too earlier cause the skin to be immune to them thus needing stronger products in the future?

Wouldnt using anti-aging products too earlier cause the skin to be immune to them thus needing stronger products in the future?

I dont think so.. like i mentioned, you have to find a product that is compatible with your skin. My mom have been using Elizabeth Arden since 24 and she is now 62 and still using it. she has fabulous skin! :thumbup1: i really adore her skin. even some of my friends are amazed. Some moisturizers that we use contains vit e / tocopheryl acetate is also for anti aging what. Most of the day/night cream that we use contains anti-aging properties.

Wow purple_phoenix, what Elizabeth Arden cream is your mom using? I also wanna try. :P

Yea actually I was also wondering if our skin will become 'immune' :(

Hope not. hehe

there's no fix age to use an anti-aging product after all...u can use it when u feel that u need it...and when u can afford it

but i still feel that if ur skin is still very young(haven't got fine lines, no freckles, no elongate large pores)..it's still not necessary to step into anti-aging step...cos applying too many thgs on ur face will burden it too..

that's y i said depends on ur skin age

but with the pollution and scary sun nowadays..i personally thk that it's better to invest some money in it if u seriously wan to buy an anti-aging product

cos it's all abt research and ingredients, btw it's only my personal opinion...no offence..

but for ur eyes..it's the earlier the better to use an eye serum, it gets older very fast..

other than applying on face, u can start taking some anti-oxidants..grape seed oil, vit E, pomegranate juice, make it a habit to take vege and fruits everyday...

and not forgetting exercise (tis 1 i really need to improve==)i thk this is the best way!

i have started taking Redoxan effervecent Vit C since months ago and i notice my skin is becoming fairer...previously i take vit C in tablet form

but also ofcos normal day i apply sunblock, use umbrella and wear sweater under sun, apply whitening lotion at nite too~haha

My mother told me she has started with anti-aging products since very young, and i have to say she maintain her skin really really well, nicer than me lol 8)

Wow nicer than u!! so envy...i oso wan to be like that when i aged.. >o<

part of it is genetics too...and she must b very discipline in doin exercise, applying sunblock, and health-concious too!

tis r the common qualities i saw in those well-maintain beautiful aunties!

yeah..too bad when i was young nobody enlighten me on that yet..though i started my skincare since 12 yrs old..but only starts anti-aging products at 25..

For eye cream, i'm using Aesop Parsley Seed antioxidant eye serum..darn expensive (RM219 for suuucchhh small bottle, but usage very little), so far still observing

but i want to recommend Clinique's All About Eyes...tried small sample, very light, and combats all problem eg puffiness, dark circles, fine lines

most of the times there r 2 types of eye cream (or serum, essence, watever, targetting different problems with different ingredients), 1 type more for dark circle, hydrating, another is fine lines, wrinkles

so younger skin r more recommended go for the 1st type 1st...cos the latter is usually richer

Another is Olay white radience eye cream..bought fr china not sure available here? slightly cheaper and also quite good in reducing dark circle

There's a eye mask fr lifecella very nice too!

Other than using skincare, also try not to rub ur eyes, do it softly and slowly when removing eye make up by using a eye and lip make up remover etc..

thanks joelle. U seem to know so much about skin care :D

Yeah i think now i should start scouting for good eye-serums n mebe anti-aging essences :)

Will frequent use of cosmetics 'take a toll' on our skin?

My mum keeps telling me to cut back on make-up as it accelerate aging process. Is that true 8)

The best anti-aging cream I used to so far is Loreal wrinkle decrease but sadly it is not available in the market anymore. It is only suitable for people with dry skin. You can see the difference within few weeks if you use everyday

For anti-aging, you may want to try Sensoieur Anti-Oxidant Capsules. As it name says, it's an essence for anti-oxidant purpose, to be apply over the face before moisturiser. Its formulated to protect our skin cells and it's cell's proliferate. Therefore, it helps to maintain and strengthen the skin, with concern to prevent aging problem. This product is also suitable for young skin, so you do need to worry if it's too rich/ oily. It's shown that it have great protection against extreme weather too, for example, if you are in a winter weather and experience flaking dry skin, applying the capsule will protect and heal the skin condition. This is a real experience, its wonderful.

It's ingredients include astaxanthin (research shows it's 500 times more powerful than Vit E for it's anti-oxidant property), Idebenone and Co Q10, all of these are powerful anti-oxidant properties.

QUOTE (babyrin @ Sep 30 2008, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey babes!

was wondering.. when should i start using anti-aging products? I'm 21 n don't have wrinkles yet, but prevention is better than cure right.. tongue.gif

and any anti-aging products to recommend? Is there any side effects of using anti-aging products at a young age? unsure.gif

i firmly believe in prevention is better than cure.i start using sunblock when i was 12(another form of anti-ageing) and start going for anti-ageing facial when m 16.i also start my anti-ageing skin care regimen when m 16.
1 of the must have in anti-ageing skincare regimen is sunblock to prevent premature ageing and also to block the harmful UV that can cause skin cancer.
the only side effect is that avoid using cream that are to rich in texture for skin type as that can cause breakouts.like for my skin ,i cant tolerate Olay's total effects moisturiser @ all without developping breakouts all over my face due to its oily texture

Anti aging products are everywhere nowadays – as the population gets older more of us are interested in finding out what's available to help us [u]looking nice [/u]Many women don't want to consider cosmetic sergery but feel they want to look as good as they can in middle age and beyond. Leaving surgery aside there are a huge range of products from skin care and hair care to in office treatments for wrinkles and sagging skin.

[url="http://www.GlassOfVenice.com/"]Murano Glass[/url]