Sign in to follow this  
micyuki

Studying and working

seriously... it's really very tiring.

I felt like giving up. oh gosh!!!

Hi micyuki,

I was doing the same thing b4. Really tiring, totally agree with u!! Last time, I went to class straight after work, at 1st going to class without having dinner. So, bf decided to bring food from home for me since he knock off from work earlier thn me and at last i changed my job which knock off earlier & manage to have dinner near my college & went to class in time.

But during exam period, it was such a hard time for me, coz need to study while working! Luckily sat no need to work, so use the weekend to do revision. During exam, gotto apply leave ler... Luckily all my lecturers were nice & they will compromise with us due to all of us are part-time student.

When i recall it now... gosh!! it was such a hectic life for me b4... :wacko:

i doing my MBA right now, attended 1 week and feel very tired and now almost sick ler.......hope i can hang on to continue it till i finish my master..... :P

I am studying my MBA too. Feel very sleepy after work but will have to go to classes. Hmmmmmm...on weekends - no life = study study, assignments, study...then next day work! wah~~~ Havent experience this before :shocking: Not enough sleep!!!!!! Any way to cope?

wow sounds bad yea....i m goin to do tat exctly the same wif u all the next sem....goin for audit work n study at same time...full time student is quite relaxing yea...

hi micyuki,

i have been doing this juggling for some time too.

i think at the end of the day, its down to mental power! i mean its so easy to just let go of one or the other and say ** it. but its all in the mind!

we can do it!

yeah, seriouly tiring when i did that for 2 years while doing my mba, but i really enjoyed the experience. I also made many friends duirng the course.

Anyhow as for whether it's worth it - the University of Western Australia - where I did my mba did a survey 2 years ago to see how their mba graduates were going and from the information they got they were able to conclude that a UWA mba added on average $25k in salary increase to their student's earning power when an MBA program costed $15k so yeah it was worth it.

If got the chance to choose.. better focus on 1.. i tried b4.. n i quit, couldn't stand tiredness. I was luckly i continued my degree wif my parents financial support and help them part time on their business.

In terms of time management, maybe workout a fixed timetable would help. Exam, holiday scheduled would be known in advance and can be planned. Reward your self after exam or from time to time, think of the better things to come after completing the education :)

I was working n studying too.

When i was full time study, I still dooing part time job - to earn some cash

When i was full time working, I still dooing part time study - to get higher qualification, in another word to get more money too.

Everything is cause by the money... :mumbling:

I am currently studying and working at the same time too. I am just trying to earn more cash to buy myself things that I like. It is kind of hard really, but I hope I can juggle both work and studies well.

well, money is the one that keeps us driving for work yet study too.

i'm taking MBA too like some of you, and i work as well.

It's hard in the beginning, but as time passes by..i took up with the pace and now i'm able to handle both equally balancing.

=]

Its really tiring lo. I am taking CPA (professional body). Luckily I have no classes to attend. Just have to be very disciplined in following the given schedule.

Thinking of continuing Masters after my CPA as there are some exemptions for CPA if I continue on to Masters. But then again, its really hard lo, coz my leave is little enough as it is. I still have to take time off to study le.

Sigh! But what to do, we have to continually improve and update ourselves.