Sign in to follow this  
chica

skincare set or individual product?

if u never try the product before, take trial/starter kit set 1st le..

else 600 big invest later only found out not suit ur skin or dun like..wasted..

i mix my skincare product and also make up. i dun stick to one brand or use one set of same brand.....

same here cheers.gif

I would like to use the best from each brand. So far i'm using :

Cleanser : Cellnique (Milk CLenaser & Gentle Cleansing Foam)

Toner : Proactive (with AHA)

H20+ White Bright Tonic clap.gif

SPF : Neotrata Oil Free Lotion SPf 15

Serum : Dr Seger Skin Recon No 4. goin to switch to Neostrata Bionic Face Serum.

Due to my skin condition (oily Skin) i seldom wear moisturiser, hence i apply H20+ toner which also contains antioxidant. This is my fav! Too bad gotto ask friend to buy from overseas. H20+ i M'sia closed shop! sad.gif

chica...i'm using the facial foam n toner from nu skin.... but plan to get the blackhead remover one... now got promotion RM269 for so many things... chica.. u can get now during christmas if u wanna get a set... if u buy more than RM500, u'll get free 2 bottles of cleanser or 2 bottles of enhanser or another 2 bottles dunno wat it call la.... it's worth it.... and for my essence n facial scrub + day cream, i'm using E-excel's product.... i feel the essense is the best.. smile.gif

for those of you who dun mix, i really salute u all. You all can really resist the temptation of trying new product . Wow which i can't do lah tongue.gif

i always mix and change the products....cuz i still dono which products is most suitable for my skin.....and havent find a products i really like so much...tongue.gif

im the lazee kind 1. so i normally jus buy the stuff from tat particular couunter. if i see something new.. i'll try it. but will still go back to the 1 im using. sob sob. i think really need to break this habit liao.

Mix and match coz I believe every brand has its own bestsellers. But if I found a brand that suits me or is really good, I'll have probably 2 or 3 of their products :)

There is no reason why you cant mix and match product from different brands. UNLESS there is a chemical reaction between the two products, just like coke and panadol=bad mixture but coke and sprite =OK (not that I have tried before!)

The salesgirl who claim that you MUST use the products from the same line, you dont have to be a top IQ Mensa scorer to know that it's simply a sales gimmick!

Girl, dont be bullied by those sales girl!

I prefer individual products because I think different brands have different star products :)

I think this depends on brand. For eg, IPSA on the peak series promote 5 amino acids (Amino A5) but none of the product contains all 5 amino acid. So, you are advised to buy the metabolizer, serum and cream to get the benefits of the 5amino acids that IPSA promoted.

I hv tried skincare set from Shiseido, Clarins, Kóse, Estee.L, ... but I didn't see necessary. Some even worsen my skin. :(

Now I choose suitable product to my skin regardless if it's from same brand. Besides, I can uses star products from diff brands. :lol:

i had never purchase products in set

cos every brand has its best seller

i'd only go for those with highest ranking ones

of cos the SA will ask u buy whole set then u can have tis and tat as freebies..never bother abt it...hahaha

esp they always give makeover and photo shooting as free after u purchase certain amount

usually i'd just reject it even though i was entitled for it..wasting time...and i saw my fren's make up look as thick as cement...my goodness...

Normally I know what to buy before I go to the beauty counter and I may buy extra of SA recommended if she serves me very well. Now I hv to keep my budget tighly.

Edited by CrabApple-@

yea, i know keenbie. sunrider is very old brand wor... sounds like products for men tongue.gif very macho rugged men who rides on horses during sunset...

rolleyes.gif this company seriously needs branding.

hahaha.. sometimes old one is better.. :P

sunrider's skin care and cosmetic series products is under the name of "Kandesn" and also "Oil Lin", which is the name of the president of Sunrider, Dr. Oil-Lin Chen she is a licensed medical doctor is USA. :D

For my cleanser, toner, and moisturiser, I don't mix. I use from the same brand. I don't know why, but I always believe in a set, it may work better. I mean, "may", not absolutely lah.

As for cleanser, mask, eye gel, and those extras stuff, I just buy different brands.

cleanser i memang tak kisah one but i dun like those tat after u rinse many times still feel slippery one. i like those with a lot of foam, like eversoft and nivea oil ctrl.

toner got many types. moisturising, exfoliating, calming, soothing.... i'm using exfoliating(bha) and calming(tea tree) type. the brand is palmer. dunno u heard b4 or not. although it's cheap, i think it's better than estee lauder one i used last time (moisturising type).

essence, no compromise. i love sk2 essence. estee lauder advance night repair is also good but not as good (and as expensiv) as sk2. i would like to try la mer serum if got opportunity.... tongue.gif

cream, i like la mer creme. sk2 refining treatment is also good but some ppl say cellnique equally good but less expensiv. bottom line is, anything that is good absorption also not bad le. like bio essense. cheap n good.

mask... i love mask. i love lifecella orange mask. love until can do evryday. broke ler. sk2 sheet mask also great but i dun like sheet mask so wet wet one. before do this kind of moisturising mask, gotta do cleansing mask first. love clay mask. epoch marine mud, mycell superb.

eye cream sure is la mer eye balm lo. the texture is great. j-lo use on her whole face...so envy. sad.gif

hello..since u use SK2 & ESTEE product such an expensive product..should continue use lar..i think.. that day bought sk2 !! oh my god.. my cheek all is pimple.. u r lucky can use sk2..continue use ba.. dont keep on change.. estee cleanser not bad.. the one splash clean :) u can try