Sign in to follow this  
haute_couture

The Fashion Counsel

I would wear the mini skirt with a baby tee or tank.

Choose something that is neither too revealing nor too girly, although a white camisole like this one might look good too http://www.net-a-porter.com/intl/images/pr...large/index.jpg Chloe

An attitude tee would look cool, especially if you wear them with big hoop earrings. Complete the look with flats. The skirt looks rather short so dont pair it with heels.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/intl/images/pr...03/large/fr.jpg Chloe

http://www.net-a-porter.com/intl/images/pr...large/index.jpg Stella McCartney

As for the tube top, I see it going well with maxi or boho skirts. I would not wear it together with the ra-ra skirt mentioned above as both are quite revealing. A good rule of thumb is to pair revealing items with volume. A pair of cropped skinnies may look good too but be sure that it is not too low waisted. This shall go well wedges or stick to flats if you are lanky.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/intl/images/pr...96/large/fr.jpg DAY Birger et Mikkelsen

thanks trishotiwuth for all the great tips. but but the skrits that u mentioned to pair with the tube top. i'm not tall, so if i wear long skirts will look very short. any other options? thanks

by the way, the tube top, should wear bra or not? if not what do i do to keep my nipples frm popping out? does nipple pads can keep my nipples frm popping out? thank u very much

Kindly remove %7Boption%7D tags when quoting. Thanks!

Edited by weN

how to do body measurement when buy bridal gown

i know they will measure waist , bust, and hip....what else?? will this enough??

what happen if you buy online?? will that fit??

anyone been to tailor shop?? what part of body do they measure normally??? i'm curious,,

thanks trishotiwuth for all the great tips. but but the skrits that u mentioned to pair with the tube top. i'm not tall, so if i wear long skirts will look very short. any other options? thanks

by the way, the tube top, should wear bra or not? if not what do i do to keep my nipples frm popping out? does nipple pads can keep my nipples frm popping out? thank u very much

Hello anonymousmich,

If you dont feel comfortable with a long skirt, a full skirt which falls right on your knee or just slightly above would look as great too. The key here is to get something voluminous and/or flowy.

27K07QIND_normal.jpg27H01QBLK_normal.jpg

(Topshop UK)

And of course, nothing beats a good pair of sunnies for that fashionista look!

22P34QBLK_normal.jpg

(Topshop UK)

Dont be afraid of long boho skirts as they look good on not-so-tall girls too, provided they are VOLUMINOUS and cover your legs COMPLETELY (even your shoes must be covered). If you want to look taller, choose a boho skirt that is slightly low-waisted (if you are comfortable with this, that is). Low waists tend to elongate your torso but make sure the skirt is not too tight or you'll end up with muffin tops :loser:

With the tube top, do get a seamless strapless bra. Triumph makes good seamless bras, especially the Sloggi range.

Do post up pics once you have put the look together =)

Cheers.

Hello anonymousmich,

If you dont feel comfortable with a long skirt, a full skirt which falls right on your knee or just slightly above would look as great too. The key here is to get something voluminous and/or flowy.

And of course, nothing beats a good pair of sunnies for that fashionista look!

Dont be afraid of long boho skirts as they look good on not-so-tall girls too, provided they are VOLUMINOUS and cover your legs COMPLETELY (even your shoes must be covered). If you want to look taller, choose a boho skirt that is slightly low-waisted (if you are comfortable with this, that is). Low waists tend to elongate your torso but make sure the skirt is not too tight or you'll end up with muffin tops :loser:

With the tube top, do get a seamless strapless bra. Triumph makes good seamless bras, especially the Sloggi range.

Do post up pics once you have put the look together =)

Cheers.

oh good! thanks for all the advises. u really been a great help! :praisegod::praisegod::praisegod:

i'll post the pic once i put the look together. i can post them here rite?

thank u very much!!!!!!!

^ I think it would be best if you post it in the Style Diary. :)

hello girls...

need some advice from you girls.

i have this very very nice mid-calf pleated skirt (impulse buying :whistling: ):

PIC_0010.jpg

problem is...... i seem to have no idea what to wear with this skirt.

I don't have spaghetti/sleeveless top to team with this skirt, so my option would be long/three-quarter sleeves or baby-t.

I tried with baby-t, and it ended up not nice :loser:

When I wear with long sleeve, it was OK, but no idea what kind of shoes pulak :help:

I have no idea what top should I wear and with which shoes :X

...problem is...... i seem to have no idea what to wear with this skirt.

I don't have spaghetti/sleeveless top to team with this skirt, so my option would be long/three-quarter sleeves or baby-t.

When I wear with long sleeve, it was OK, but no idea what kind of shoes pulak :help:

Hello yott,

I would say match it with a tank or camisole top in bright "warm" shades. Yellow and peach are excellent choices. Do not be afraid to embrace colours! Go for the sweet girly look since the skirt has that lovely self-tie ribbon. Anything with ribbons, lace, buttons or satin trimmings are good BUT do not overdo it. If you could get a camisole like the one shown here, a single strand pearl necklace is sufficient as accessory and perhaps stud earrings for a cool, resort-chic style.

39432c6257669319da5090a124145280.jpg C&C California7195fd98dbd016ca2448149836a236dd.jpg Splendid

As for the shoes, I see two options: flats (because they are cute and girly) and wedges (because they are so in this season!). But two reminders here. Stick to neutral shades if you top is already bright or has lots of trimmings. If it is a plain top, you can get a little creative and wear slightly funkier flats. Same goes for wedges.

Cheers,

Trish.

Trish: OMG, TQ you're so genius! I forgot the flats! :HUG: Must be really nice to pair with this skirt.

And I like the orange color top you posted :wub:

hi girls,

I've bought this belt for quite some time but I'm not sure how to match it with my clothes. Everytime i try it on it looks weird.

Picture28.jpg

anyone can help? thanks... :)

hi girls,

I've bought this belt for quite some time but I'm not sure how to match it with my clothes. Everytime i try it on it looks weird.

anyone can help? thanks... :)

Hello cherriegal,

That is one lovely belt! Belts are one of the cheapest option if you want to stay in-trend yet not burn a hole in your pocket.

I would recommend wearing the belt with a long top or tunic. Although it looks nicer on a printed top (stripes are best) but it may look equally stunning with a plain dark-coloured or bright-coloured (see pic below) top/tunic. Pastels are likely to 'drown' the belt.

152505_mul_w.jpg

Delia's

Place the belt right on your waistline if you want to accentuate your curve (see pic below). Do this if you are thin and have small chest and hips.

152283_blu_w.jpg

Delia's

Or, pull the belt upper and place it right on your under bust line to create a baby-doll top. It should go something like this;

20079.jpg

Supre Australia

The belt works well with dresses too. A single-coloured shirtdress looks fantastic with the belt while a strapless dress in dark blue/maroon or black (see pic below) will give that sexy 50's look =)

152618_blk_w.jpg

Delia's

hi there trishotiwuth!!!

i have already posted the pics of me matching the tube n skirt(by ur advise) at style diary. let me know what u think. thank u very much! :P:wink3:

Edited by anonymousmich

hey thanks trishotiwuth!! I'll matching the belt wit the tops you suggested and see how it'd go! :)

hey gurls..

what shoes suitable to match wif knee length shorts . . ?? (as i post in style and shopping diary) . .

please advice . .thanxs . .

hey gurls..

what shoes suitable to match wif knee length shorts . . ?? (as i post in style and shopping diary) . .

i luv ur short awexgiler

i choose flat for your checked short

flat will made u looks young .. :D

cute and active.. hahaha...

and i think, plain or less embellishment flats are okay..

looks not crowd at all.. :)

or maybe can try high heel..

not strapy heel..

make sure fully cover ur feet..

such as peep-toe or pump toe..

coz the short already show ur legs..

for me, if wear strapy heels..looks "la la"..haaha

based my observation at my college woo..

but, i really luv ur checked short wooo~~ :wub:

p/s : ur new avatar's pic looks beautiful...

the eyes make me falling... haihhh

Edited by hunny_winky

hey gurls..

I have similar shorts and I usually pair it with round-toed flats if I want to go for a casual look. Choose something simple with no patternsm otherwise it might just clash with the design of the shorts. You could go bold with colours e.g red/orange flats but tone down with just a plain top.

511247045_normal.jpg

Miss Selfridge UK

Last winter, I tried creating a sophisticated look with the shorts. I wore a slim fit jacket with a lacy camisole underneath. Wore black leggings, pulled on the shorts and completed the look with a pair of pointy pumps (looks something like pic below). My friends loved the combo!

SC4621.jpg

Vincci

hunny_winky

thanks 4 ur advice but can u upload some pic for my reference . .??

p/s: dun puji2 me like than . . waaa koyak seluar meh . .hahahaahah . . :lol:

trishotiwuth

thanks for ur idea ..and yaeh i saw ppl wearing this shoes nowdays . .but im kindda short so i afraid i will look u know . .weird . .?? coz when i saw tall gurl wear this shoes and its walla!! . .

Edited by awexgiler

danielle_brandon

thx for the idea and link . . wanna try to match it . . btw gurls . . do u have any idea for suitable clutches/ purse / hbag to match wif kebaya . . ?? to attend wedding ceremony . . :P prefer nice and simple . . :clapclap:

need some advice from you girls.

i have this very very nice mid-calf pleated skirt (impulse buying :whistling: ):

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/yo...tt/PIC_0010.jpg

problem is...... i seem to have no idea what to wear with this skirt.

if u want to look preppy, try with cardigans

and to break the monotony of the colour, try wearing bright coloured high heeled sandals.

WARNING: Kindly remove %7Boption%7D tags when quoting. Thanks.

Edited by weN

i just bought a hair band...but its not those kind with surface only...a scarf is sewn on it and it can be tied on d back leh...do u gals get what i mean?i duno how 2 use it cz my head is pretty small...should i tie my hair when using it or let my hair loose?

i just bought a hair band...but its not those kind with surface only...a scarf is sewn on it and it can be tied on d back leh...do u gals get what i mean?i duno how 2 use it cz my head is pretty small...should i tie my hair when using it or let my hair loose?

Is this what it is?

36810160.jpg

If it is, I reckon you should tie a bow with the loose ends of the scarf and just leave your hair untied. :)

Is this what it is?

http://www.forever21.com/images/small/36810160.jpg

If it is, I reckon you should tie a bow with the loose ends of the scarf and just leave your hair untied. :)

ya tats it!but d scarf is longer den tis lo...will take ur advice :D cz i saw d 17mag recommend tat v tie our hair but i tink it look so aunty if tied hair

Edited by cyndi1218

ya tats it!but d scarf is longer den tis lo...will take ur advice :D cz i saw d 17mag recommend tat v tie our hair but i tink it look so aunty if tied hair

You could tie your hair up as well when wearing the scarf. I think oversized sunnies would be great to give you that Jackie O look =)

You could tie your hair up as well when wearing the scarf. I think oversized sunnies would be great to give you that Jackie O look =)

hmm...rite now still dun have oversized sunnies cz my face is pretty small...so most of the specs dun suit me well :loser: