Sign in to follow this  
Peachgal

Stress

I know there was thread on "Stress" before. But it's on how you deal with stress.

Here, I am asking about your symptoms when you are under stress. How do you know you are under stress? Does your habit or behavior changes when you are under stress? Please share your experience with us here.

Thanks!

Personally, I usually won't know that I am under stress until the symptom becomes visible. And in my case it is INSOMIA. Whenever I am rushing for my assignments or working for a midterm, I will somehow experience a day of 2 of insomia and this is when I know I am stress. I usually wont get stress easily.

Recently, I discovered a new symptom - Diarrhea. I will go 'bu bu' ; many times, a day b4 my test or presentation. Waste my time...I did rather spend those time revising for my test instead of wasting it in the washroom dry.gif

Usually when I'm under stress, I tend to show a bit of frustration in my work..usually mess things up on my table.

The only way for me to deal with it is to walk out of the office and search for the nearest starbucks. A cup of good coffee can determine my mood for the rest of the day.

my symptoms.... hmm... i will get headache.. and i will automatically panic... so usually, i'll take a nap... when i wake up, the panic is usually gone... then i'll just continue with my work...

i dont really feel stress.. its more like depression..

i seldom feel stress, if i do, it must be a serious one.

i can't sleep @ night, i can't eat, my heart beat very fast, my palm keep sweating, my hand will keep shaking like i have parkinson's.

the way i cope with it, is to share it out all with my boyfriend. i cannot let my family worry more about me.. so i tell my boyfriend. then usually will be better after tellin' out.

otherwise i will cry cry cry, until i got the feeling of satisfaction.

when i'm under stress and i don't catch myself fast enough or realize i'm suffering from stress the people around me sure suffer wan. that's my behaviour under uncontrolled stress.

cavin: seems like coffee has some calming effect on you ... after having your cup of coffee then you will return to ur office...clean up ur desk?

Rayleen: juz take a nap and everythg will be fine...thats an easy and effective way of dealing with stress. I hope I can sleep also...but i will be able to sleep like a pig after the stress,usually after the due date of assgs or test...

Mizzy: looks like you are really stress out when you really get stress...the symptoms are quite...serious...luckily we gals, still can cry. but for guys, i dun think they will prefer crying

cossie: what will you do to those around you when u are stressed. scold ppl; unreasonably, throw stuff or what?

cossie: what will you do to those around you when u are stressed. scold ppl; unreasonably, throw stuff or what?

could be anything. scolding people unreasonably is not something i know how to do. but it could mean people who have done something wrong are not likely to get away with that if that's the source of the stress.

throwing stuff is also something i haven't done before as my things are valuable.

could be anything. scolding people unreasonably is not something i know how to do. but it could mean people who have done something wrong are not likely to get away with that if that's the source of the stress.

throwing stuff is also something i haven't done before as my things are valuable.

Surprisingly, quite a number of ppl here lead a stressful life

cavin: seems like coffee has some calming effect on you ... after having your cup of coffee then you will return to ur office...clean up ur desk?

Don't you know...coffee has anti depressant substance in it, same like chocolate. But somehow I rather prefer coffee than chocolate

stress? what's the symtom? oh well... okay... errrr... extreme hunger? lol maybe i dont really knoe.... or perhaps i will feel really down? and start thinking of the negative side coz of being persimistic? arrgh i dunno

For me I feel like hiding in my room, playing computer games and eat junk food. I don't feel like communicating with anyone and I'll let the phone rings w/o picking it up. Real bad eh? luckily this doesn't happen often...

I'll pull my hair. I even do it in the middle of classes and tests.

I'll start doing baby talk

I'll fling my arms up in the air and go mad.

Don't you know...coffee has anti depressant substance in it, same like chocolate. But somehow I rather prefer coffee than chocolate

yep, coffee contained caffeine, and caffeine is a stimulants drug, which can increase our confident, mood elevation, sense of energy and alertness.

so it's true that if you can clam your stress with coffee.. but dont drink too much, cause it's heaty, might ended up nose-bleeding tongue.gif

and I forgot to mention I get acne and insomia too as well as being very moody.

I usually try banging my head on the table (lightly) or sing my heart out when I'm alone at the lift or staircase.

for me, the symptoms will be :-

1. bad mood

2. scold people who came near me or try to talk to me

3. eat, eat and eat

4. start yelling out loud (serious case)

5. crying crybaby.gif

stress symptom....i will scold ppl without any reason...suddenly cry...wont eat...slp slp n slp....feel lost....if more terrible i will talk during sleeping..or dream non sense

and I forgot to mention I get acne and insomia too as well as being very moody.

I usually try banging my head on the table (lightly) or sing my heart out when I'm alone at the lift or staircase.

yes yes yes yes.gif agree... sure get more pimples..... doh.gif i hate stress...

"When your body is under stress, it naturally produces a substance called "corticotropin-releasing hormone", or CRH. This hormone does a number of things to get your body ready to "face the stress". It's released from your skin glands, and as one of its tasks it causes oils there to also be released. This could be because human bodies evolved to need that oil to protect the skin in times of stress, or to help cool it.

That oil tries to leave the glands, and on a face not prone to acne it would just flow across the skin and evaporate or be washed away. However, if the face is dirty and has dirt trapped at the top of the pores, or if the oil tends to coagulate and block the pores, the result is that the oil being produced has nowhere to go and formes the acne."

by Dorrie Williams-Wheeler

Men suffers more stress after coffee breaks

"Men who take coffee breaks to relax could actually be increasing rather than reducing their symptoms of stress, according to UK researchers from Bistrul Uni.

The team found that men who carrued out stressful tasks has higher heart rates, were more stressed and felt confidence after taking a coffee break than b4.

However, women who relaxed with a cuppa have found to have reduced levels of stress, the team said."

From

Daily Express

16 Feb 2004

my stress symptoms = frustrated, irritated, crying, sulky face, moody n more...