Sign in to follow this  
Sushi

Is it just me?

Hi guys,

I need advise on this. I met a guy through a friend. First time meeting with this guy was a bit disappointed. Before we met up, we emailed back and forth deciding where to go. He lives downtown and I live uptown. So, I suggested a place where we could have dessert. The dessert place is about 20 mins drive from my house. He did not want to meet up so far away from his house and wanted somewhere midtown. So I let him decide. Finally, he decided a place and time. I was fine with the location. It was about 20-30 mins drive from my place anyway. Not much difference since he was the one wanted a midtown location. On that day, I called him one hour before we meet up to let him know that I would be late and I asked him if we could postpone the time a bit later. He agreed to postpone the time. We were supposed to meet at 9pm and we postponed to 9:45pm. When I was almost arrive to the location and on time, he called and told me that he had to go home first and change. Therefore, he would be late. He apologized etc but I was a bit upset and said ok fine. I waited for him for about 40 mins. I tried to be cool cos I didn't want the date to ruin my night. He did call me while I was waiting just to confirm that he was on his way.

OK. Finally, he arrived!! We went to the coffee shop which he was the one that wanted to meet up at the coffee shop. We walked in and he said to me that I could go ahead and order a drink. He didn't want any drink!!! I was thinking 'ok, if we did not order a drink, we can't really stay in the coffee shop.' I had no choice but to order a latte. Good thing he paid for it. =P So we talked for about an hour. At that point, I already lost interest in him cos of his lateness and made me wait 40 mins for him! The coffee shop had to close so we stood outside and talked for few more mins. After that, we parted our way. The next day, he emailed me and wanted to meet me again. I did not reply back.

Few weeks later, he bumped into my friend and he told her what happened on that day (he didn't even mention his lateness to her!!). He was saying that I was a nice person and since he didn't hear any response from me, he thought I wasn't interested anymore. My friend told me about it and I thought, ok I should give him another chance.

So I contacted him on email again. This time samething happened!!! I moved recently and I suggested a place closer to my place but that place is closed to highway entrance. I suggested a place and he said that he did not like going to that location. Again, he wanted midtown!! Am I being too sensitive here?? I let him picked a place last time and this time samething. I don't find that place that far from where he lives. I really don't want to feel disappointed again. Should I just ignore him and move on to the next one?

Edited by Sushi

Umm... as a guy... if I was interested in you, I wouldn't mind driving all the way uptpown to meet you. I mean, what's an extra half an hour drive?

Even if you two do agree to meet midtown, there's certainly no harm in giving him another chance, right? Did you ask him why he was late? Perhaps, he had an emergency. Maybe he had to to some last minute errand for his parents or something. You're a real gem to wait for someone for 40minutes. It shows your sincerity. Life is full of disappointments but don't let that stop you from gaining happiness... provided you're actually even interested in this guy. I think that your question should be "Am I interested in this guy?" instead of "Should I go risk getting disappointed again?"

People say that first impressions are everything but I say that it's nothing. We're all human beings, we screw up every now and then. What lasts is what matters most. On the surface, he really doesn't seem really sincere but then again, who knows. Why not go on a group date? That way, if he's late, he can be left behind and you still get to have fun in a company of people. Try starting from there.

i feel its pretty weird coz usually guys will follow gurls....especially the 1st date...usually guys will give in and just follow...

meeting up and didnt order drinks??? y? its just a drink, y not just order? i guess he wanted his way and u were ok with dat, dats y he wanted to see u again. i know ppl might think you being fuss on a small issue...but hey, we r born to be complicated...

he had to go home to bath 1st? wat is dat all about?....and let u wait...it wud definately spoil my mood too...

:lol1: :lol1: WHAT A WUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's be real here, if he's doing this to you now, then do you think he has the ability or the capability to be a good boyfriend?? I beg to differ...

Save yourself gas money and heartache. A guy like that is a wuss, and shouldn't be dating in the first place.

On a related note, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! What a disgrace to us men....

Oh wait, you can tell him to ask his mommy to drop him off if he doesn't want to drive! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Edited by AdamG

:lol1: :lol1: WHAT A WUSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's be real here, if he's doing this to you now, then do you think he has the ability or the capability to be a good boyfriend?? I beg to differ...

Save yourself gas money and heartache. A guy like that is a wuss, and shouldn't be dating in the first place.

On a related note, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! What a disgrace to us men....

Oh wait, you can tell him to ask his mommy to drop him off if he doesn't want to drive! LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I totally agreed on what AdamG said...this is just only the FIRST date and he already late. What if you guys really started dating?

Haha... thanks for all the advice guys! Now I know it's not just me. I agree with all of you. I will write back to him and say SAYONARA! :)

:lol: I agree with Adam. A guy shouldn't be late on the first date. Shows you just where you are on his priority list, eh?

what a weird date ! :blink: usually first date will be a nice n memorable date for a girl... what's all bout that? late 40 minutes for a date, not willing choose a date place which near to girl's house... 1st impression for a guy is very important, guess he shouldn't be late in the 1st date =p for my suggestion, you should ask him why he want to choose the midtown and since u ady got a negative impression for him, just try to tell him what u dislike bout the date... if you feel that he is annoying then just ignore him to avoid influence your mood :wink3:

Exactly!! I haven't reply yet. I'm still thinking how to write a "nice" email to him. Also might give him some tips how to chase a gal. LOL

*chuckle* I wouldn't waste my time on that email. He'll work it out eventually. :D