Sign in to follow this  
berlyn

tips to get rid of loneliness

what do you girls usually do during weekends? i mean especialy for those who are not meeting their bf....if you are not meeting your friends as well....what do u do at home?? gosh, i always have my weekends blue....sounds ridiculous right? but can't help it...i feel extremely SIIEEENNNN on friday night....cant seem to release my boredom...gosh...help leh.. dry.gifmad.gifph34r.gif

hehee.. i have almost the same problem as u do berlyn.. mad.gif

must have been really annoying...

(probably coz our man is like across da ocean apart)

well, what i will usually do is look for something interesting to do.. for example:-

go out shopping, exploring new places, look for a new recipe to cook for dinner, experiment on new DIY, look for a friend to hang out with,

sometimes i even dress up nicely then go downtown and search for interesting Japanese restaurant to try on to, or any other ethnic food...

other then those (that need to get our but off the seats), when i m too lazy to go out, i will just give myself a homemade spa... relaxing, candles, a mask, a nice flower petal bath, soothing music, menicure/pedicure, reading megazines,..... arrhhhh.... just so comfortable.... heeee...

or even clubbing at night!... laugh.gif my favorite hotspot! (sigh.. but too bad my bf doesn't allow it... so gota restrict myselfs) but then.. again, bare in mind that malaysia is a dangerous place now... lotsa cases on drugging, raping, molesting.. sigh.... its just not safe to go out late at night now.. even with friends..... mad.gif

hehee.. i have almost the same problem as u do sometimes i even dress up nicely then go downtown and search for interesting Japanese restaurant to try on to, or any other ethnic food...

other then those (that need to get our but off the seats), when i m too lazy to go out, i will just give myself a homemade spa... relaxing, candles, a mask, a nice flower petal bath, soothing music, menicure/pedicure, reading megazines,..... arrhhhh.... just so comfortable.... heeee...

Wow, u really DO ALL that, Sheryl?

It amazed me u know, i tot it was only what u will see in the magazine, and i tot no one actually bothers (read:have the time) to do that, and u DID???

When i am bored, i online lor! Else why do u think u see me here?

And unsurprisingly i love shopping alone! Anyone echoes?

i Do i Do ~!!

shopping alone can be sooo fun, especially when the boys aren't around, you can in fact spend all the time you want to choose, to try and to experiment all sorts of dressing combinations rolleyes.gif without needing to look at the impatient faces, the bored faces and all the not-nice-to-ears comments biggrin.gif

when I'm bored, depends on the mood, if it's a moody dayz, i will spend all the time i wanted, doing nothing but just to laze my bum, read magazines, online and chat, surf forums, look for latest fashion trends, do some online shoppings.. hehe laugh.gif you will be surprise what you can find on the net orh..

if it's a not so moody dayz, i will hop on my little yellow car and pop by the most happening club in town, either call a few girlies together or just go alone, have a nice drink, shake a little bon bons.. blink.gif and make the guys stare tongue.gif

Wow, u really DO ALL that, Sheryl?

It amazed me u know, i tot it was only what u will see in the magazine, and i tot no one actually bothers (read:have the time) to do that, and u DID???

When i am bored, i online lor! Else why do u think u see me here?

And unsurprisingly i love shopping alone! Anyone echoes?

errr... yea.. tongue.gif

not every week of course, but probably every 2 week or something. just when i feel like it then i will do it. coz homemade spa is lotsa work. setting them up is fun, but when comes to cleaning... phewww... """""""""lazyyyyyyyy"""""""""" dry.gif

hmmm.. and if u r applying it to exploring japanese food in vancouver too, then yea! hehee.. i have fun eating them and evalauting their quality. It is according to my survey that the quality of the Sushi restaurants in vancouver --- "u get what u pay for"... yum yum.. still have lots to explore on.. heeee... i have not finished yet. gona try on greek food the next time. laugh.gif

ahhaha yea i'm absolutely one of the solo shoppers in town! I enjoy solitude after mingle with friends most of the time. And u know wht, sometimes I will still try on clothes albeit I already knew tht I won't be buying!!It's so much fun~and also shoes..ehhe

And I don't normally go shopping with my boyfren nowadays cos we always end up not talking to each other after each trip. Pathetic huh. He doesn't understand why i need to buy shoes tht looks similar to wht i have at home and bla bla bla~ Guys just don't understand it's the mood. but not necessity tht comes 1st when girls shop!

wao..so much info from you girls...hmmm, i must really try on some of the suggestions given..or should i say your experience....till now, i still have courage to shop alone, probably i met the security guards who tried to break open my friend's car when we shop the other time...it was scary and i knew that i cant trust ppl working there..alone ...eee...i get the goosebumps when the thought arise, hehe...im a coward, i admit...

dun like to shop with bf too coz always come back with empty-handed though the initial plan was to shop....with friend i prefer...perhaps everyone around me has gone somewhere out of town, im just so LONELY.....

sheryl, what kind of homemade spa do you do? can share some coz im an idiot in all this stuff...pleading you to share so i can do some at home too, hehe...

And u know wht, sometimes I will still try on clothes albeit I already knew tht I won't be buying!!It's so much fun~and also shoes..ehhe

Yea yeah......

It is call "trying out for fun". Like i just tried an LV bikini the other day, which will cost u 1.7k. And which i would never have enuf $ to buy. And the sales gal was soooo nervous and impatient, kept knocking on my doors and ask how was it. And kept reminding me not to stain/distort or whatever.. Sound like im a gorillla with super saliva production........

sheryl, what kind of homemade spa do you do? can share some coz im an idiot in all this stuff...pleading you to share so i can do some at home too, hehe...

homemade spa is quite easy actually... well we have to skip the massage part... but u still can massage the parts where as long as ur hands are able to reach them. hahaa... try training ur bf to do da back massage for u... haha.. i use to ask my bf to do it for me... its just so sooothingggg..... laugh.gif very intimate as well.... wink.gif

anyway... what i usually do is :-----

1) filled ur bath tub with water. then add in your favorite bath salts, (other alternatives: herbal bath, mud bath, hydrosols-Rosemary hydrosol is the best bath water ever, soap bath (bubble)) . OR, u can also add in a few chunk of flower petals together with bath salts: rose, lavender, camomile, lily, n etc. and not to forget around 10 drops of essential oil to make the mood just right.

2) light up a few scented candles and place them around u. different scents helps promote different kinds of aromatherapy. I usually prefer scents that are light and fresh, coz they help alot in calming down ur mind and helps in relaxing, and to relieve stress. but bare in mind, do not lid too much scented candles, coz u might end up chocking urselves in the bath room. laugh.gif just try it out with 2 to 3 candles.... and bcareful when choosing ur scented candles, don focus to much to what the salesgurls "wonderful narrationS", believe ur NOSE and ur MIND.. pick the one that u feel best fit ur mood. laugh.gif

3) prepare ur mask, choose ur favorite mask.... u can put on some relaxing music (sounds of ocean wave to anything Bayou-- nature, listen to the music urselves first b4 u buy them, coz it is suppose to meant to calm ur ears and not u addapting to them) at the same time. grab a glass of ur favorite wine (once in a blue moon)/ ur favorite megazine, if just place two cucumber on both ur eyes and relax.....................

4) don forget ur scrubs, or even some intensive hair treatment at the same time too... everything is a package. but remember one thing, those products are best natural (try Body Shop) or homemade works well too... trust me... its just more comforting then cheap heavy chemical product.

5) lastly, the only way that u get to really relax, is to tell ur mind to "relax"... stop worrying about anything at the mean time and just "let urselve freeeeee".

p/s: don't forget a nice towel to wrap around urselves after that

everything u need is easily available at the market,, or even at home. don have to spend a few thousands at the spa center, coz u urselves can create a homemade customized spa that best fits u! laugh.gif

have fun!!! laugh.gif

hiya i think the attitude of those sales assistants back in msia still has LOTS of rooms for improvement. They normally serve only those ppl with "rich" appearance. branded clothes/bags etc. Although the report comes out proving tht those low profile ppl are more likely to purchase branded items! laugh.gif

so good sheryl....i think i must try on these...i usually opt for body shop...i kinda like the massage oil that is sold there....and yes, my bf is really good at massaging but of course, not as patient as me...as he will always stop after 5 to 10 minutes....guys! think all these i am gooing to achieve it all by myself....hehe...

back to ques...i agree that most low profile ppl are also afford to but expensive or branded stuff....i once heard from my sis who worked with a developer, said that there was an old ruggard man who cycled to see the shophouses which were on sale.....the salesgirls were kinda curious if he can buy or perhaps scared he ruin the image....at the end, he bought one whole building of 3 storeys....see, we can never judge a man by its cover....

sigh sigh...

as expected... come on.. its ""LV"" storeee.... it is so typical of them! rolleyes.gif

they still don't understand the meaning of "customer service", and everyone is a potential customer. blink.gif

but then, seriously, i highly doubt that they themselves can afford those items either. They are just a salesgurl dear, not the owner of the shop, and definitely not the CEO of the corporate! dry.gif

sorry if i m too harsh on them but then seriously, i think it is really time for malaysian sales gurls to learn the true rule of "Curtomer Service". There is this once i went to Top shop in KLCC. its near 9:20p.m. after grabbing a few tops and skirts to try on, suddenly i feel like going to the toilet, and when i got back its around9:30p.m. And the "store keeper" kinda like... or the "guard dog" bar me from getting into the shop. I understand it is near closing time. But hell, i just wana go in to get my friends, and she was like saying "i m sorry, u can;t go in, i will inform ur friends for u ". I was furious.... what an impolite "Biatch" mad.gif .... who does she thinks she is?!

Heck, but as a civilized citizen, i will just stand right infront of her to wait for my friends to come out. Then later on, another gentlemen came and was looking for someone as well, and she ignored all his reasons and refuse to let him in. He was so infuriated that he scolded her "Bitch" and went off cursing!....

rational pls... by me getting in to get my friend off that dumb shack won't kill her right?! over Canada, as long as there are still customers in the store, they are not suppose to send the customers off... and definitely not pushing the customer's friends away... what more, I was just about to get that mini skirt of theirs!!!! but too bad, I rather spend my money in a more professional boutique.. even if i have to pay more i m willing to, coz their good customer service has already told me that it is worth paying for.

urgg.... pardon me for me such a grumpy --- but whenever i start talking about that incident, mad.gif my spine just starts to irritate!!!!!!! mad.gif

I prefer to shop alone or the most with my sister, as her shopping speed and priority similiar to me and she will definitely give the most real comment when come to place an order. Learning to really ignore all the impatience faces of the salesperson by spending my time in the shop. Sometimes, need to remind myself to really put myself in the place that a customer is always right and remind myself i do have the freedom to try on things i like though sometimes i dun think i will willing to buy those too cozy things. Learn to improve my own self confident. Just dun know why feel uneasy when there is a salesperson behind you with unpleasant look-giving u the look that 'are you able to buy it'. Anyway, learning...haha..think too much huh? biggrin.gif

As for times over the weekend, i dun have much prob as i always occupied with activities and plans and things to do in my life due to my life style. The most, free on Fri night, will either watch movies or hang out with friends or go online. I realize one thing, when we dun know what we want in life-DREAMS and start to lost your life direction by only having works and daily routine, that's the time for the feeling of loneliness appeared. Advice: Get a quiet time to sit down, think of your DREAMS, and write it down and paste them on your board. Then, your work and life will be more meaningful and there's no time for you to think -ve.

yepyep. i agree wit jane!! but i wud never go shopping on my own tho, its abit weird i thought. i always go wit my sis or frens.

2 get rid of loneliness? i think d best way is 2 sleep!! sleeping is a gud way as u wudnt think of anything wen u sleep. so wen u wake up, u prob 4get bout everything n start a new day!!

n anotha thing 2 get rid of loneliness i think is eating!! sounds weird but its true!! u enjoy ur food...yummie yummie~~~duno y it works tho!!

spend ur time online, watch a downloaded movie, listen to ur favourite music, play with ur pets, clean out all the crap files in ur comp, browse the net for some cute icons or pictures.... take beautiful pictures of urself.....browse for new recipes... read other ppl's blog or online journals....

so many things to do when u're bored.....or lonely....

or.. u can pace around the room

user posted image

or u can go for a drive

user posted image

but be careful, k?

user posted image

hahahahhaha laughing.gif

or, get urself abducted by alien tongue.gif

user posted image

or, u can go "moon" urself to everyone who passes by ur house laughing.gif

user posted image

spend ur time online, watch a downloaded movie, listen to ur favourite music, play with ur pets, clean out all the crap files in ur comp, browse the net for some cute icons or pictures.... take beautiful pictures of urself.....browse for new recipes... read other ppl's blog or online journals....

so many things to do when u're bored.....or lonely....

or.. u can pace around the room

user posted image

or u can go for a drive

user posted image

but be careful, k?

user posted image

hahahahhaha laughing.gif

or, get urself abducted by alien tongue.gif

user posted image

or, u can go "moon" urself to everyone who passes by ur house laughing.gif

user posted image

Hey, I like ur butt shaking icons. So sexy yeah......Come on, shake your bon-bon wif the music blasting out loud when u r lonely. Shake ur bon-bon, Shake ur bon-bon,Shake ur bon-bon!!!

user posted image

Hey, I like ur butt shaking icons. So sexy yeah......Come on, shake your bon-bon wif the music blasting out loud when u r lonely. Shake ur bon-bon, Shake ur bon-bon,Shake ur bon-bon!!!

user posted image

Haha... The icon so q, and some more Joanne is singing that song, makes it so funny

The best way, ring someone, chat online log in to MB forum, listen to music, cook....

wah.. nice emoticons.. wonder if they can add it to the emoticon list...

for me when i'm bored.. i go online.. thats why you can see me on msn

very often~~

chat with me la... bag.gif

i chat with u lo

gosh, i always have my weekends blue....sounds ridiculous right? but can't help it...i feel extremely SIIEEENNNN on friday night....cant seem to release my boredom...gosh...help leh...

what kind of loneliness? does it feel like it's coming from your emotional, intellectual, sensual or physical sector?

I can chat wid ya too. Feel free to add me to ur MSN if you want smile.gif

Well, when i am alone...i will go online, surf and chat or watch drama. If not i will do facial mask, hair mask or have a nice hot tub bath...juz to kill time. Worse comes to worst, i sleep. I like sleeping. I am a PIG smile.gif