Sign in to follow this  
xyu

Pasta

yea, pasta zanmai.. quite unique (italian + japanese).. i went there once.. not bad i'd say BUT it's kinda pricy tho! :P

Itallianes is okay. I kind off love Pasta Zangmai but its a Japanese restaurant. They serve pasta as well as sushi. Their sesame sauce pasta is really good as well as their teppanyaki spaghetti with egg. Yummy~ and the best is their dessert, forget what is the name but something like banana split. It has cookies bits and chocolate sauce as well in it. Haven~ :wub: Price a bit expensive, I had a pasta dish, a dessert and a drink. Cost me around RM50 plus.

And also KLCC's food court, there is a pasta stand there. Totally love their carbonara seafood. Its less than RM10. Quite cheap and they're generous with their squid and fish cutlet. Very creamy delicious texture :thumbup1:

Yes Nicole, avoid fasta pasta. Expensive yet not worth the price. I remember going to Dave’s deli a lot before, they have real good sandwiches and sausages but I’ve yet to try their pasta. Which one do you highly recommend? Last time I went to One-U, dave’s deli was closed so not sure if it’s closed down for good? There used to be an outlet in megamall but it closed down a long time ago! So sad. The pastas in California kitchen in KLCC is worth the try.

cas: dave's and dave's deli is different but both own by the same guy.. anyway, try dave's.. opposite BK and TGIF.. their carbonara is good and so is the olive oild.. i always have linguine, olive oil and ham & mushroom.. my fav :) *yumy yum* plus try out their stuffed mushroom (top with ham & cheese).. yea i had the california kitchen pasta before.. the one i had was tomato base pasta with added chicken breast.. heck, i can make that :P

oh, another place to eat pasta is izzi.. at uptown d'sara.. just a few shops away from the hsbc bank and starbucks.. go for linguine prawn.. it's nice too and it comes with 4 or 5 prawns which i must say VERY fresh :) plus it's 50% off of ALL food.. go after lunch so that it's not crowded.. if u go during lunch time, u can't even get a table and have to wait :)

ps: i'm learning how to cook pasta in olive oil.. tried it a few times and it was a failure :( the taste was bland *yuck*

Edited by ::Nicole::

fasta pasta closed down a long time ago. pasta zanmai is awesome. i love their egg pizza! :P

yea, pasta zanmai.. quite unique (italian + japanese).. i went there once.. not bad i'd say BUT it's kinda pricy tho! :P

fasta pasta closed down a long time ago. pasta zanmai is awesome. i love their egg pizza! :P

Pasta Zanmai is really great. Tried once and Im already hooked :wub: Plan to bring my lil sis there the next time. She's a great fans of pasta too. I wanted to try more variety, see which is the best but its going to take time coz its not exactly affordable to go so often :(

Yup.. Pasta Zanmai is good.. better opt for those with sauce.. otherwise, taste can a lil' bland... Cafe Uno is also good with reasonable price. Porto Romano in Tmn Tun serves yummy pasta and pizza too. There's another place in dmansara perdana (below Tropics, white deco).. cant remember the name.. also serve decent al-dante pasta also...

Dun like Fasta Pasta or Itallianis.. not very authentic and selection is not great either..Whatever it is, dun go to Pizza hut... soggy pasta is the worst thing one can hav...

i tried once, the pasta from pizza hut.. that was it.. once and for all.. it was not soggy but it was blardy salty! urghhhhh...

Dun like Fasta Pasta or Itallianis.. not very authentic and selection is not great either..Whatever it is, dun go to Pizza hut... soggy pasta is the worst thing one can hav...

Pasta Zanmai is really great. Tried once and Im already hooked :wub: Plan to bring my lil sis there the next time. She's a great fans of pasta too. I wanted to try more variety, see which is the best but its going to take time coz its not exactly affordable to go so often :(

Yup.. Pasta Zanmai is good.. better opt for those with sauce.. otherwise, taste can a lil' bland... Cafe Uno is also good with reasonable price. Porto Romano in Tmn Tun serves yummy pasta and pizza too. There's another place in dmansara perdana (below Tropics, white deco).. cant remember the name.. also serve decent al-dante pasta also...

I would like to try Pasta Zanmai, can you tell me where is it? :)

I would like to try Pasta Zanmai, can you tell me where is it? :)

Hie Shan Shan, the one I went to is at 1 Utama. But if Im not mistaken, there is one at Sunway Pyramid too. But just in case I am wrong, you better go to 1 Utama :lol:

I'd say Modesto's is alrite... For pizza and pasta. But of course it ain't cheap.

There's also a tiny restaurant called Allegro's in ss15 Subang. Owned by an Italian guy named Claudio... I love his Angel Hair Pasta With Scallops (REAL BIG SCALLOPS) :D

Hie Shan Shan, the one I went to is at 1 Utama. But if Im not mistaken, there is one at Sunway Pyramid too. But just in case I am wrong, you better go to 1 Utama :lol:

shan shan: pasta zanmai is at 1U old wing.. think it's like next door to carl's jr

thanks babes! :)

I'd say Modesto's is alrite... For pizza and pasta. But of course it ain't cheap.

There's also a tiny restaurant called Allegro's in ss15 Subang. Owned by an Italian guy named Claudio... I love his Angel Hair Pasta With Scallops (REAL BIG SCALLOPS) :D

yeah i know that allegro shop but i've never been there before. always pass by only. how's the pricing there? big portion?

My all time fav would be Dave' at 1 Utama Old wings (same row as Yishon / oppst Burger King)

They serve authentic pasta, can choose from angel hair, fettuccine, penne . The sauce they have olio olive my fav!

hey, we like the same thing! hahaha..

My all time fav would be Dave' at 1 Utama Old wings (same row as Yishon / oppst Burger King)

They serve authentic pasta, can choose from angel hair, fettuccine, penne . The sauce they have olio olive my fav!

Ooo I was at Flam’s Fine Dining in Changkat BB and had the spinach and cheese ricotta. Although it was vegetarian,it was really good and I’ll def go there again!