Sign in to follow this  
koalakins

help with mattress problem anyone?

i have eczema and allergy towards dust, as always i wash my pillowcase in hot water and vacuum clean my room on regular basis. but it dont seems to change when it comes to my bed. i feel so uncomfortable and idk what to do.. is there anything that can help with the bed? should i change a new one or any equipment i can buy to help me to have a good sleep in my bed? but this bed is still new for few months use.. help?

How often you take care of your mattress and need to change the sheet at least once a week play roles too. The most important like hygiene plays an important role in allergy prevention

Edited by hsuann

Agree....bed and mostly mattress is hard to take care, because its quite bulky and we cannot use water and wash it like laundry

Edited by emelia

On 3/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, emelia said:

Agree....bed and mostly mattress is hard to take care, because is quite bulky and we cannot use water and wash it like laundry

Aiyo...now do not need to wash with water la, can call for coway mattress service, they will do from A to Z for your mattress

Edited by zhiwei

if you confirm your allergy is not genetic based,  it must be surrounding based, and search for the allergens might help you to solve the problem

5 hours ago, zhiwei said:

Aiyo...now do not need to wash with water la, can call for coway mattress service, they will do from A to Z for your mattress

I had suffered from bed bug's bite previously, my friend suggested me to either change the entire mattress or ask for mattress care service. I've found this brand then I contacted them to service my mattress. I had a good sleep time tho after that, their service not bad.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:34 AM, koalakins said:

i have eczema and allergy towards dust, as always i wash my pillowcase in hot water and vacuum clean my room on regular basis. but it dont seems to change when it comes to my bed. i feel so uncomfortable and idk what to do.. is there anything that can help with the bed? should i change a new one or any equipment i can buy to help me to have a good sleep in my bed? but this bed is still new for few months use.. help?

It would be great if you could try to find solution for allergy prevention or go for mattress care service to check whether this is the main reason that you feel uncomfortable.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, insomniavks said:

I had suffered from bed bug's bite previously, my friend suggested me to either change the entire mattress or ask for mattress care service. I've found this brand then I contacted them to service my mattress. I had a good sleep time tho after that, their service not bad.

https://youtu.be/7n6D3jAROro 

Yes like in this link, they did 7 steps of service that can make sure our mattress in tip top condition. They even do the uv light on the mattress to check the level of dust

Edited by hsuann

On 3/29/2022 at 5:18 AM, zhiwei said:

true. this service really help to prevent dusty bed and will give us a comfortable bed

Edited by emelia

On 3/30/2022 at 6:39 AM, hsuann said:

Yes like in this link, they did 7 steps of service that can make sure our mattress in tip top condition. They even do the uv light on the mattress to check the level of dust

This is the service i use. They did every step carefully when they did the service for my queen bed.  

Edited by insomniavks

On 3/30/2022 at 6:56 AM, emelia said:

true. this service really help to prevent dusty bed and will give us a comfortable bed

This is interesting. Since its very hard for us to get rid the dust and mites this such a good service to use.

Edited by ruwong89

If you are having allergy with the dust I think you don't need to change the mattress. How often you clean your room. Keep the room dust free. Or keep it isolated. I think you should look to your room before changing the mattress. If the problem is with mattress than I can recommend sonno king mattress. You can get them easily from Ikea. Ikea is also giving free shipping and 15 days of return period on the mattress. For the details you can refer to Ikea return policy.

On 3/30/2022 at 12:56 PM, bayslarry said:

If you are having allergy with the dust I think you don't need to change the mattress. How often you clean your room. Keep the room dust free. Or keep it isolated. I think you should look to your room before changing the mattress. If the problem is with mattress than I can recommend sonno king mattress. You can get them easily from Ikea. Ikea is also giving free shipping and 15 days of return period on the mattress. For the details you can refer to Ikea return policy.

Ikea is selling mattress but does it have mattress service too? Very few company provide this service, like this i found coway that provide this kind of service

Edited by zhiwei

On 3/31/2022 at 7:07 AM, zhiwei said:

Ikea is selling mattress but does it have mattress service too? Very few company provide this service, i can find only one in youtube

True i never heard this kind of service before and i cant wait to subscribe to their service. Hope this will helps with my allergy problems

Edited by ruwong89

6 hours ago, zhiwei said:

Ikea is selling mattress but does it have mattress service too? Very few company provide this service, i can find only one in youtube

what kind of services are you talking about ? be specific. if you are talking about the shipping services than yes they do provide excellent services. However, you'll pay a $100 fee if your mattress weighs more than 70 pounds and exceeds 108” in length. They also provides third party shipping method like USPS, UPS AND DHL. They are also cost-effective. or if you are talking about the exchange services Ikea is happy to take your old mattress while delivering the new one.

Edited by Boaz Xavier

On 3/31/2022 at 10:21 AM, ruwong89 said:

True i never heard this kind of service before and i cant wait to subscribe to their service. Hope this will helps with my allergy problems

I think it’s highly recommended ! A good and well taken care of mattress is important ..free from dust mites n all the dead skin gives better sleep

Edited by hsuann

On 3/29/2022 at 11:19 AM, insomniavks said:

after the service, your mattress is hygiene, so you can have good sleep and dreams, as no foreign material stick on your skin and cause uncomfortable