Sign in to follow this  
spunkable

Which hair salon to choose??

Hello...my prom is coming up and I would really appreciate it if you guys could help recommend a good salon. I stay in Bandar Utama and I want to find some salon near by... So far I went hair salon hunting in the two shopping malls near my house and found Moonsoon ID and Dry Cut in 1 Utama, and Peek-a-Boo, Snips and Jean Yip Hub in The Curve... Which one do you guys recommend? Also, could you recommend any really good hair stylists in these salons?

Or are there better salons near the area, like in Taman Tun or nearby?

Thanks so much guys! I only get my hair cut like less than once a year, so I'm so *blur* about all these hair salons... blink.gif

O' Inno in damansara perdana. same row with friendster cafe. i personally think its a good one.

Oooh...really? Thanks for the recommendation... biggrin.gif Is it far from 1U though? And around how much would it cost?

And how about the ones I mentioned? I think Peek-a-Boo and Snips are the more 'famous' ones out of all of them, not sure if everyone has heard about the rest... So what do you guys think?

but their charges r expensive.

Which ones are expensive? Peek-a-Boo and Snips, you mean? How much does it cost there? But if the hair stylists there are really really good, maybe I won't mind that much... So do you think the 'quality' is worth the higher prices?

ohh...i found another salon, Kimarie Salon which is also near my house... It has been mentioned a few times by forummers here also... Is it good?

And I keep hearing that Peek-a-Boo is very good for colouring...what about styling?

Wah, so many salons...I'm also so confused now. blink.gif

i plan to go peek a boo for coloring..personally i think the price it offers is reasonable cuz they r so pro..if compare to a cut above.i qould rather go peek a boo..n u can choose any hair stylist as u like..all hair stylist charge the same price..not like a cut above,junior cheaper,then those high position one charge darn exp!!!anyone colour their hair in peek a boo b4?about styling..u can go and ask..they offer student price.. biggrin.gif

I goes to Dry Cut and to me i find em ok.

Depending on stylist .... some cuts is to your liking some not much differences.

i plan to go peek a boo for coloring..personally i think the price it offers is reasonable cuz they r so pro..if compare to a cut above.i qould rather go peek a boo..n u can choose any hair stylist as u like..all hair stylist charge the same price..not like a cut above,junior cheaper,then those high position one charge darn exp!!!anyone colour their hair in peek a boo b4?about styling..u can go and ask..they offer student price.. biggrin.gif

Oooh...so Peek-a-Boo is better than A Cut Above? Only in terms of colouring, or styling too? I suppose I prefer to go to Peek-A-Boo because it's much nearer my house... If I do go to Peek-A-Boo, which stylist should I ask for? The famous Shawn? Or are the others just as good?

And what are your opinions on Snips and Kimarie?

Shawn is at TTDI, while Gibson is in Curve..these 2 r the famous one..but they claim that all r pro stylist n all charge same price..so i think oklo..color should be good..quite famous..styling should b not bad cuz they sponsor a lot of cat walk n show,hope this help.curve: 0377252912 TTDI 0377257286

My boyfriend went to Kimarie for hair cut before. It was only done by a junior hairstylist, but the result was good as well as 50% cheaper than the one he had in Michael & Guys.

thanks for the info uglyduckling... yea, still considering Peek-a-Boo, Snips and Kimarie... Pretty hard to decide wor..

i wud advise u go for peekaboo. my nephew works there. before he worked there, my make up artist and my cousin sed peekaboo is very good that those stylo milos also love their own fav stylists there.

ohh...i found another salon, Kimarie Salon which is also near my house... It has been mentioned a few times by forummers here also... Is it good?

And I keep hearing that Peek-a-Boo is very good for colouring...what about styling?

Wah, so many salons...I'm also so confused now. blink.gif

yup, i love kimarry too!

but i got a special place, it is at taman lian seng cheras, a aunty, but her skill is fantastic! very nice....my hair rebonding is done by her....6 years dy.... n her cut hair skills very nice, she wont outdate....love to go... but it is not a very nce saloon lar,it is a house...but i dont mind, as long as she cut my hair nice!

i'll vote for kimarie..!!! cool.gif

i hav done 2 times of rebonding, colour + highlight there...

i luv it.. my bf oso luv it.. tongue.gif

i din try their junior or senior stylist b4..so not sure izzit good..

but i think not bad too.. smile.gif

have you babes tried Toni&Guy before? (in Lot 10)

their charges are quite high though but they do have their standards to uphold smile.gif

hi,gal...I will go to do rebonding and colour....but dont know which salon is nice...any salon can recommend?? smile.gif

well the last time i went rebonding I went to this salon called Inch Studio near Asia Cafe and Inti Subang. only rm150 and the result also satisfactory. i actually tot they will charge me rm300 so i save 150 for shopping. hehe.

will be going again with my sis. u can try la, worth it. i used to go to miko but they r getting more expensiv.

their charges are quite high though but they do have their standards to uphold smile.gif

Haven't been 2, but tempted 2 try... Slightly 2 expensiv ler... tongue.gif Cut range fr RM80-220... no2.gif Only 4 a cut wor... shy.gif

venven81 Posted on Dec 1 2005, 07:59 AM

their charges are quite high though but they do have their standards to uphold 

I have done hair cut and highlight RM280+

venven81 Posted on Dec 1 2005, 07:59 AM

their charges are quite high though but they do have their standards to uphold 

I have done hair cut and highlight RM280+

michellechen Posted on Dec 1 2005, 08:36 PM

RM280? Tht's pretty good deal... Since their cut is already so xpensiv... How is d results? N how long is ur hair? 

I'm remember that it was last year, I went to the Toni & guy salon. The result was OKAY wink.gif Actually he didn't changed any hair style to me, just cut a little bit and colour was dark blue.... (p/s: He is a senior stylist)

I went to the SNIPS salon in Sg. Wang in May 05. It costed RM380 hair cut, blow and highllight.. (p/s: my hair style was totally changed)