Sign in to follow this  
GeniE

delay menstruation

girls girls girls... i need your help!

I've heard that by eating some certain fruits, we can have our periods come faster.. anybody knows anything about it? I've got a beach vacation coming up... and it's roughly at that time of the month :unsure: so I need help to have my period quickly...

any ideas?

Yes, try to eat a lot of watermelon and pineapple or cincau.

If you want a professional way, you can seek advise from doctor. Doctor might be able to give some medicine that can fasten the flow. I am also thinking of going for a doc next month because I got a vacation during that period.

If you want to have your mens. earlier, you can consult doc to prescribe you the medicine required but you need a valid reason such as sports comp, vacation, etc.

but seriously, if you can, try to avoid it as normally such pills may disrupt our hormone levels leading to unforeseen effects.

and eating cincau or watermelon? it's because they are "cold" food -> not only early, also longer period of mens. ler. :(

and delayed period => mostly due to STRESS. zzz. I have that every time I am stressed over exams or emo issues.

yes...there is sucha pill...

u can even get it at the pharmacy

but u better not take too many...

it will messed up your menstruation cycle

Yeah dont take too much of these kind of pills...they are actually drugs and if you take too much, it will have side effects to your body.

Why not you try to consult Chinese Physician? they will check your pulse and will precsribe the medicines as per your body needs.

Another thing is make sure you have adequate rest and dont give too much stress to yourself! Emotions oso important...so always keep a jovial mood! :D

i just bought the pill today because i want to delay my period..dont want them to spoil my holiday mood :lol: bought from guardian pharmacy for RM 5.40 only

the pill name >> norethisterone

the gal told me to take 5 days before period 2 tablet daily til i want my period to come back again..it wont come back immediately but few days later and will continue back like normal later.. ^_^

the paper inside da box wrote as side effects as below:

headache, nausea , vomitting , breast tension , gastrointestinal complaints, intermenstrual bleeding , fluid retention , paraesthesia. a change in body weight, fatigability occuring rarely and gennerally ceasing during the later cycles.

:doh: kinda scary tho..dont know should i take it or not..

aiks... i feel you should get a recognise doctor advise before doing so.Is seems dangerous... and you might be allergy to the medication without knowing it :wink3:

I think once a year is ok. But often, is not good. Some of us are very normal and have period normally, others have period once in 2 months. Later in life, some people don't want kids, but have many, some want but cannot have. I think we shld not take thses things for granted and only use such products when absolutely necesary and not just because you want to have fun on a holiday. Seems like a very frivolous reason to me. If you want to have fun, u can still have fun. Try using a tampon, it's less yucky and u won't feel it there, it's like not having a period at all, just don't forget to change it!

nope..>.< i got period pain 1..when it come..really really pain til i cannot walk at all..must lie on da bed pain whole day..T__T how to go holiday with those situation!! hehe. =x take for once only..i think wont harm kua..if period come no pain of cos i wont take it already..but every month also suffer this way 1..til i cant go to college must stay at home whole day lie on da bed like a prawn style..Lolx :P

I never post around here.. more of a lurker but I'm a trained medical doctor so I would like to point out the facts.

The pills that delay menses that you are talking about is birth control pills. Norethisterone is the generic name for the active component in oral contraceptive pills.

Read more here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_contraceptive_pill

As usual, prior to taking any form of drugs - kindly consulted your nearest trained medical doctor.

ive tried it. my mom gave me. it sucks la.

cos the next time my period came, it was so darn painful.

but since im on monthly birth control pills now, i can plan my holidays according to it. :D

Edited by tIcKLeMe

=.= i tried it

my period after the pill..T_T super period pain..

normally my period pain last for first 2 days only..but after i took da pill..it last for 5 days pain =.= omg!!!

plus normally my period only come 3 days!! but now come 7 days!! omg!!!.. not goin to take that anymore ... scared d :lol:

I tried once before. Bought it from Caring pharmacy. Name of that pill is Norelut. Rm0.50 one pill. The pharmacist will ask you how many dayz u wanna delay and she can help you to calculate. Effective as well, but after when the period comes, what i experience is the 1st day of period is so bad, i can feel that my period come one shot all in a sudden like water and stomach is Soooo pain.

tsukushi

can u point out why my menstruation always late?sometime once in 3 month,twice half the year.Big trouble dun even know when it come.worse still wat if suddenly emergency and i'm still in uni.Haven taken hormone pill Diane 35 but stop will make me fat

i read frm web tat the pills is not good. u have to stop takin the pills after 21 days rite? it says it's jus the docs wanna mimick or making it appear natural. it's not a real menstruation. i read it frm website. dunno where i found.

not frm my opinion.

i read frm web tat the pills is not good. u have to stop takin the pills after 21 days rite? it says it's jus the docs wanna mimick or making it appear natural. it's not a real menstruation. i read it frm website. dunno where i found.

not frm my opinion.

:D NO, it is not a mimick. the pills are real but the menstruation is not natural.

:D the 21 days pills must be taken exactly as directed by the docs or the product instructions because each pills contain different thing.

:D normally the first 16 pills contain estrogen to help building blood wall on our uterus... and the last 5 contain progesteron which is used to maintain the blood wall in our uterus

:D once we finish them all, our body will detect that there is no more progesteron, the blood wall will go down and out as our menstruation ^_^:wub: finally...

:loser: YES, i agreed that those pills are no good because they contain artificial hormones (estrogen and progesteron), just take the pills only when u really really have to o.k. ...... :shakehead:

Edited by nurie

I took it when I went to redang for a holiday. Well, I had doubts taking it at first but I just wouldn't want it to spoil my holiday mood and have a hassle using tampoons. Tampoons aren't any safer anyway. My fren used it and when she wanted to remove it, she couldn't find the string!!! :wacko:

I asked my other friends opinion and they told me that they take these kinda pills when they go for water activities too. I am not sure whether it's an oral contraceptive pills or not, because usually OCPs, you have to take according to time and week. This one is different! btw, wikipedia can't be trusted for such information. Anyone can just edit those information u know..

You can just go to the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for pills to delay period. and she gave me this. she said the side effects are minority. not everyone gets the side effects.. I didn't experience any of the side effects. I believe the side effects will arise when you are taking it in the long run.

It looks like this:

img2749ay5.jpg

yup, i've taken the pills before.

at first, i've asked my doc to prescribe for me and she's totally against it. it's not advisable and she's a muslim so u guys un la.. what i wanted was for the period to come earlier but the ones she gave me postponed it and i stopped after 3 days. then i went to the pharmacist and she gave me the one for postponing the mc.

i've forgotten the brand but it worked. but the after effects - you don't wana try it if you could. apart from the pain for the first two days, the bloating and the discomfort, it's something i've never experienced before. so, my advice would be to stay away from these kind of pills of if can but if it's not avoidable, pls go to the doc.

and a friend of my ex-colleague asked her how to make mc stop altogether. it's a part of being a woman so it's best to embrace it, that's my opinion to her.

ya,im going to beach next week too and my period is on 1st day of my vacation...im eating lots of pineapple 2 make it earlier...but i think it is better to postpone with pills?because i really dun 1 2 spoil my vacation

pineapples? but i don't like wor.. nvm, going to get the pill from pharmacy today. or is it safer to get from doc?

just bought the pill from pharmacy. the pharmacist said to take 2 or 3 days before actual date of mentrual, two tablets per day. you can stop taking it when you're ready for the menstrual.

it's called sonolut 5mg. again, once again, it's not advisable to take this med every month or as often as you want. it's just for those outings you'd rather not miss because of menstrual.

QUOTE (insane @ Sep 19 2006, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope..>.< i got period pain 1..when it come..really really pain til i cannot walk at all..must lie on da bed pain whole day..T__T how to go holiday with those situation!! hehe. =x take for once only..i think wont harm kua..if period come no pain of cos i wont take it already..but every month also suffer this way 1..til i cant go to college must stay at home whole day lie on da bed like a prawn style..Lolx tongue.gif

Eh me too.everytime i have my period it hurts like crap..until i have to sit down or lie down always..i wonder is there any way to make those bad aches go away?????? =O

QUOTE (insane @ Sep 19 2006, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope..>.< i got period pain 1..when it come..really really pain til i cannot walk at all..must lie on da bed pain whole day..T__T how to go holiday with those situation!! hehe. =x take for once only..i think wont harm kua..if period come no pain of cos i wont take it already..but every month also suffer this way 1..til i cant go to college must stay at home whole day lie on da bed like a prawn style..Lolx tongue.gif

Eh me too.everytime i have my period it hurts like crap..until i have to sit down or lie down always..i wonder is there any way to make those bad aches go away?????? =O

QUOTE (PinkieBunny @ May 3 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when u have the period pain,try drinking lots of lukewarm water and take dark brown chocolare to lessen the pain,
and putting a bttle of hot water bottle under ur comforter when u sleep @ night also a great help

to delay period, well...try to over-stress yourself. But, side effects maybe more pimples.

to quicken period, take cold foods. But, side effects may include extremely painful cramps.

choose your poison.

I try to plan my vacays after the period. I've missed out on quite a lot of swimming and sauna vacays because of this dreaded thing, but I guess we have to listen to our body instead of making our body listen to us coz it may not like when we do something bad to it. =)