Sign in to follow this  
vinc

Limkokwing students

i was scared cuz i am a chinese banana and they dont let you flex your creativity or smthg.

Where got such thing wan!!!!

Infact... tell u somthing.. i have been taking 2 years english and i think there's one more sem of it to go.. it's a MUST in LUCT for my subject... dunno why..

and then me and my classmates all talk in chinese like nobody business! ahhaha..

even if u are chinese banana, we help each other lots! i am sure the other college is the same too!

If they really dont let u flex ur creativity.. Somthing is wrong with them dee!

between, creativity has nothing to do with chinese or anything...

~~bit off topic~~

I wanna know what system does LUCT use to access your notes, slides and learning materials?

Thanks.. smile.gif

Through Lcd... power point>???

Notes.. all the same with the lecture..

nothing new.. hahahah!

Haha Looks like im still in time to flame and troll on luct. (nice forum btw)

ZOMGGGG THANK GOD IM DONE WITH THAT PLACE.

luct is definitely overrated with alot of ppl wanting to get in thinking its good education and all (lots of ppl i know wanna go there).

Well to me its just too far from civilization, costly, run down (yeah talk about new campus). The education there isnt too good either. Lecturers are lazy etc etc etc. (not all though). Anwways yeah i just finished my dip in luct and am not giving a thought about going back for my degree.

Staying near uni aint too bad except you lose good food and entertainment. Thats of course unless you dont mind driving to and fro :P

cheers peeps. just my 2 cents

I graduated from Limkokwing as well.

It was then call LICT instead of LUCT.

The campus was at Mayang then.

Even though they managed to upgrade to University status but their quality of education never improve but decline.

:(

We expect to get quality education by paying more.

Unfortunately they hire fresh graduates to be your lecturers.

They used to have very good and experienced lecturers there but most of them is no longer there anymore.

Sad case

ahhhh it's better not to speak of it publicly.

bye bye limkokwing!

*waves frantically*

my younger bro is in LUCT now.. first sem... he said he likes it wor... parents made him live in residence so he didnt have to drive there everyday.. he said he wanna try for ambassador... whatever that is in LUCT.

rayleen, everyone who goes to luct, will enjoy their foundation years. me too. haha. but life after that... is nothing but hell, seriously. i hate the fact that they take non-qualified lecturers and they charge you a few times higher than other colleges. a lot more ler, but i shall not complain any further.

but if he ever becomes the ambassador, then life will be good for him. :D ambassadors gets all the glamour in luct. :D

rayleen, everyone who goes to luct, will enjoy their foundation years. me too. haha. but life after that... is nothing but hell, seriously. i hate the fact that they take non-qualified lecturers and they charge you a few times higher than other colleges. a lot more ler, but i shall not complain any further.

but if he ever becomes the ambassador, then life will be good for him. :D ambassadors gets all the glamour in luct. :D

izzit? yea.. i haf heard that LUCT is like one of the most expensive colleges... i dont even really know what he's studying... haha... anyways, told him about the forum... dunno if he is interested.. he's more into games i *think* .... this really sucks.. my younger bros all grew up so much while i'm not around.... 3 years plus away makes soooo much difference... <_<

hehe if he's an ambassador, he need not worry about luct ler. life should be smooth. *pats rayleen*

btw, what forum?

hehe if he's an ambassador, he need not worry about luct ler. life should be smooth. *pats rayleen*

btw, what forum?

that's nice to know... cant help worrying about him ler... he's not those who likes to study kind... hopefully now that he's doing something he's interested in, he'll buck up .... we'll see...

MYB forum lor... lol...

haha im also not the type to sit down and study but ya, one thing good about luct is, most of their work are based on projects (esp designing) where you dont need to study much ler. maybe just the history of this and that and the rest is based on how good your work (design) is. unless you're in communication school, which i was from, then ya, a lot of reading etc but still a lot of projects such as shooting, recording, etc etc. it's seriously one of the first times i've actually liked studying (and i would definitely love the place more if it wasnt so money faced).

haha im also not the type to sit down and study but ya, one thing good about luct is, most of their work are based on projects (esp designing) where you dont need to study much ler. maybe just the history of this and that and the rest is based on how good your work (design) is. unless you're in communication school, which i was from, then ya, a lot of reading etc but still a lot of projects such as shooting, recording, etc etc. it's seriously one of the first times i've actually liked studying (and i would definitely love the place more if it wasnt so money faced).

he's probably into designing.. like computers and stuff.. but who knows... maybe he changed? thing is he's under conditional acceptance.... if he really wants to stay, he has to work harder... i worry so much for my brother.. i think i will grow white hair when i have my own children man... :lol:

i've only been to lim kok wing twice.. for their special holiday workshops.. enjoyed myself immensely.. i LOVED art... wanted to go into that line of study but parents didnt really approve at that time.. i did once consider going to LUCT... parents had other plans for me...

rayleen, i was at one of the holiday workshops too!!!! hahahaha. for all you know, we went to the same workshop. lol.

Edited by tIcKLeMe

haha the one i went was end of 2001 i think. but i dont remember taking group photos like that, so i guess not. :(

p/s: i see two of the most annoying geeks in luct in that pix. eee. hahaha. which one's u la? i cant seem to find u!

Edited by tIcKLeMe

i look very different back then *cringes* ... anyway, first pic (first row, second from right) second pic (back row, 5th from left)

i also went in 2001 leh.... did u stay till the very end or u left early? i went to the art and designing course.... and communications course .. 2 different days.

i went for fashion/design and communication tooooooooooooo!! OMFGGGG!!!!! we must've bumped into each other.

yaps, stayed till the end. won some of the prizes etc also.

p/s: rayleen, u look completely diff!! omg. totally cannot recognise!

Edited by tIcKLeMe

dear all,

im quite new here, and ive just returned from singapore so that i can begin my degree in kl, specifically, limkokwing cyberjaya.

so, im very perturbed and worried after reading the previous posts about limkokwing. i am due to begin my degree there next february, so im extremely confused now!

can you guys help me out by telling me what there is to be wary about the school? what is it that i should be careful about and look out for? cos if worse come to worse, i will go back to singapore to study!

this is such a big decision to make!

so i do appreciate any advice,

thanks loads.

one of the things i heard from LKW students is that they force the students to buy lim kok wing's auto biography. They justify that its a required "reading" material for students. Its around RM 90 bucks.

Second thing i read bout is hamsap and inexperienced lecturers.

one of the things i heard from LKW students is that they force the students to buy lim kok wing's auto biography. They justify that its a required "reading" material for students. Its around RM 90 bucks.

Second thing i read bout is hamsap and inexperienced lecturers.

the biography is more than 100 la i think. it's mainly about lucct student's works n only a few pages is probably related to ur specific course of design. if u r not doing design at all (they also got media studies), this book is not applicable to u at all. this money they will deduct from ur security deposit so u dun feel the pinch. well done on the royalties tan sri!

i dun hav any problem with hamsap n inexperienced lecturers though. just that the standard of lecturers hav dropped. last time our lecturers r overseas grad from prestigious uni, masters holders. now all mostly grad from uitm and other local u. makes u think u r still in secondary school with lecturers wearing tudung (no offence) n talking in malay + english.

one thing i dun like about lucct is the perah your duit non stop. our resource fees is one of the highest around.