Sign in to follow this  
amelie.se

long or short hair?

previously was having hair fall problems, therefore dare not use any styling stuff on my hair anymore. so i had it cut short.

husband likes it very much, he has always like me with short hair, so does my ex. ppl never compliment me when i hv long hair, but i get lots of compliments each time i cut it short. hv always like long hair since primary school as it's feminine. it's hard but i have come to terms to accept the fact that i look better with short hair.

just curious, do u gals prefer to have long or short hair and what does your other 1/2 prefer?

I prefer to have long hair cos i can style it in many ways, and i m a person who really sweat a lot sometimes. So with long hair, i will be able to tied it up.. smile.gif My Bf said i look nicer in long hair too...more girlish wo..

I noticed i will received more compliment when i keep my hair long...so i have never cut it short for more than 5 years... smile.gif i have no courage to cut it short now, hehe!

QUOTE (amelie.se @ Sep 1 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
previously was having hair fall problems, therefore dare not use any styling stuff on my hair anymore. so i had it cut short.

husband likes it very much, he has always like me with short hair, so does my ex. ppl never compliment me when i hv long hair, but i get lots of compliments each time i cut it short. hv always like long hair since primary school as it's feminine. it's hard but i have come to terms to accept the fact that i look better with short hair.

just curious, do u gals prefer to have long or short hair and what does your other 1/2 prefer?

amelie.se: So ur hair problems still havent solve till now?after u start using apple cider vineger +water mixture?

I myself gt long hair and always gt compliments smile.gif All my bfs and ex bfs just love my long tresses.They love to run their fingers on my silky soft tresses.They says long hair make me look like a godess.
I wonder are guys brain are hard wired into thinking that long hair grls are a big turn on? laughing.gif
I like the ways my long hairs look,but long hair require many hard work and dedication.
Must always apply DIY hair treatements and schduled salon for chemical treatments or else hair dont look ''polish''
To me,long hair are high mainraince compare to shorter hair

As for short hair,I tried on a wig before.So,yeah have a bob cut wig laughing.gif people compliment me as well as that cut show off my facial feature like my strong cheekbones and my pointed chin.Make my face even ''longer'' and seems ''sharper'' than it already is .Looks funky abit ,a nice change from my girly long hair laughing.gif
After I stop wearing that bob cut wig and back to my long hair,people thought that I go for hair extension bored.gif as they thought I cut my long hair into bob then back to long hair with extension laughing.gif what they dont know is I never cut my hair into bob,but I just wearing bob cut wigs

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Sep 1 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
amelie.se: So ur hair problems still havent solve till now?after u start using apple cider vineger +water mixture?

I myself gt long hair and always gt compliments smile.gif All my bfs and ex bfs just love my long tresses.They love to run their fingers on my silky soft tresses.They says long hair make me look like a godess.
I wonder are guys brain are hard wired into thinking that long hair grls are a big turn on? laughing.gif
I like the ways my long hairs look,but long hair require many hard work and dedication.
Must always apply DIY hair treatements and schduled salon for chemical treatments or else hair dont look ''polish''
To me,long hair are high mainraince compare to shorter hair

As for short hair,I tried on a wig before.So,yeah have a bob cut wig laughing.gif people compliment me as well as that cut show off my facial feature like my strong cheekbones and my pointed chin.Make my face even ''longer'' and seems ''sharper'' than it already is .Looks funky abit ,a nice change from my girly long hair laughing.gif
After I stop wearing that bob cut wig and back to my long hair,people thought that I go for hair extension bored.gif as they thought I cut my long hair into bob then back to long hair with extension laughing.gif what they dont know is I never cut my hair into bob,but I just wearing bob cut wigs

problem solved with acv water mixture. so i started to introduce conditioner and use some hair creme to maintain my curls. after a few wks, hair fall came back but not too bad. so i stopped and stick w shampoo and acv only. hair fall stopped again. without conditioner and cream my hair is very messy. take the simple way out, cut it short and now i can do without conditioner and hair cream smile.gif

i can't point to what but i think i'm allergic to some ingredient in hair conditioners and hair creams. they caused pimples and hair fall. switching brands doesn't help much.

actually i look much better now, no more pimples and those old scars r fading fast. i tried the new advanced night repair sample from estee lauder. very good leh. much better than the existing advance night repair i'm using. noticed scars fade faster.

yup, long hair is high maintenance. u got yourself a bob wig, i think i need to get a long wig. not much style to play with short hair. any place to recommend and what is the pricing like?

QUOTE (moonriver0 @ Sep 1 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most ppl said i look better in shorter hair because my figure is very petite.. Long hair made me look smaller... lookaround.gif

petite figure and small face ppl r normally better off with short hair. but the cut hv to be good so need to look for a really good hair dresser. i'm petite and face is small with big eyes and quite shape nose. hubby said with short hair, these features get projected out. long hair over shadows these features.

QUOTE (amelie.se @ Sep 1 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
problem solved with acv water mixture. so i started to introduce conditioner and use some hair creme to maintain my curls. after a few wks, hair fall came back but not too bad. so i stopped and stick w shampoo and acv only. hair fall stopped again. without conditioner and cream my hair is very messy. take the simple way out, cut it short and now i can do without conditioner and hair cream smile.gif

i can't point to what but i think i'm allergic to some ingredient in hair conditioners and hair creams. they caused pimples and hair fall. switching brands doesn't help much.

actually i look much better now, no more pimples and those old scars r fading fast. i tried the new advanced night repair sample from estee lauder. very good leh. much better than the existing advance night repair i'm using. noticed scars fade faster.

yup, long hair is high maintenance. u got yourself a bob wig, i think i need to get a long wig. not much style to play with short hair. any place to recommend and what is the pricing like?

U dont need to totally eliminate conditioner and hair mask.U can still use them,but with a bit of tweaking to ur shampoo regimen
Try using this sequence : SHAMPOO-->CONDITIONER/HAIR MASK-->VINEGER+WATER MIXTURE
After rinsing ur hair off the conditioner/hair mask then rinse hair again with vineger mixture

As for ur pimples,follow this sequence SHAMPOO-->WASH BODY-->WASH FACE
Also apply skincare first before u towel dry ur hair.This ensure ur hands is silicone-free
Most hair products contain silicone so as to enchance hair,making it soft and shiny
Also since u use hair products on daily basis,changing ur pillowcase daily will avoid ur pores from getting clogged

For ur frizzy hair,avoid using hot hair styling tools ,like tongs or hair dryer.Air dry ur hair and towel dried ur hair can helps

Even my bob wigs are high maintainence.
I bring them for shampoo and styling @ my hair dresser every month to help keep them soft and silky to touch smile.gif
Btw,mine is human hairs not synthetic ones so it feels soft silky touch ,like my real actual hair rather than ''fake'' feel when touch
I get mine from UK,via my hair dresser smile.gif

QUOTE (d3vil doll @ Sep 1 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U dont need to totally eliminate conditioner and hair mask.U can still use them,but with a bit of tweaking to ur shampoo regimen
Try using this sequence : SHAMPOO-->CONDITIONER/HAIR MASK-->VINEGER+WATER MIXTURE
After rinsing ur hair off the conditioner/hair mask then rinse hair again with vineger mixture

As for ur pimples,follow this sequence SHAMPOO-->WASH BODY-->WASH FACE
Also apply skincare first before u towel dry ur hair.This ensure ur hands is silicone-free
Most hair products contain silicone so as to enchance hair,making it soft and shiny
Also since u use hair products on daily basis,changing ur pillowcase daily will avoid ur pores from getting clogged

For ur frizzy hair,avoid using hot hair styling tools ,like tongs or hair dryer.Air dry ur hair and towel dried ur hair can helps

Even my bob wigs are high maintainence.
I bring them for shampoo and styling @ my hair dresser every month to help keep them soft and silky to touch smile.gif
Btw,mine is human hairs not synthetic ones so it feels soft silky touch ,like my real actual hair rather than ''fake'' feel when touch
I get mine from UK,via my hair dresser smile.gif

that's what i have been doing on my hair. and i only apply conditioner at hair ends to ensure it does not get to my scalp. the same goes w hair cream. i even use a'kin shampoo & conditioner which r sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours free. but yet there's hair fall... i gave up!

pimple problems settled, scars also almost not noticeable.

hubby said can get a 2 long wigs, straight and wavey. just maintain hair short. how costly is your wig?

QUOTE (amelie.se @ Sep 2 2009, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's what i have been doing on my hair. and i only apply conditioner at hair ends to ensure it does not get to my scalp. the same goes w hair cream. i even use a'kin shampoo & conditioner which r sulfates, ethoxylates, parabens, propylene glycol, petrochemical cleansers, silicones, phthalates, mineral oils, DEA and artificial colours free. but yet there's hair fall... i gave up!

pimple problems settled, scars also almost not noticeable.

hubby said can get a 2 long wigs, straight and wavey. just maintain hair short. how costly is your wig?

IT has been in numberous studies stating that organic shampoo do not much good for hair.
My wig costs me nearly 1 grand smile.gif

i have compliments for both but they say ... short hair still suits me more ... as to complement my personality ... lolz

some guys like my hair short, some guys like my hair long.. so i make it a point where one year i cut short, then next 2 years let it be long