Sign in to follow this  
k3n

Autumn/Winter 04/05

This season, following the fashion trend, is all about feminine with a retro 20s and 80s-inspired glam look, . Even if you're back to business with tailored suits, you'll want your makeup feminine and your hair wavy.

-- New York City makeup artist and style expert Tyrone Traylor

The main make-up trend for this season basically has 2 "mainstream"

1. Super Natural Look

user posted image

Model from Betty Jackson 04/05 Runway

This projects a very natural look. Most suitable for those who don't usually go with dramatic or colourful make-up. Eyes are soft with beiges and browns. Paler base is applied to the lid and the contours are mid to dark brown. The line is pretty well defined with a deeper brown pencil and the mascara is done to match. You can also try to throw a dash of peach or orange into the mix.

Brush your cheeks with softer peaches, roses and browns, and the application should make you look healthy: NOT heavy. Soft cream blushers that give you the sheerest, prettiest application imaginable are perfect for a natural look

Lips are still fairly sheer and glossy, The colours with this look are softer browns, beiges, beigey rose, and even peachy orange and bronze. If you want a proper lipstick, look for a colour that has a soft metallic shine, which is a perfect match for this season's fashion. just so the look stays interesting. For your info, this look was featured in quite a lot of the autumn 2004 catwalk shows

2. Drama Queen

user posted image

Image Courtesy of Vogue UK

This look is what autumn is all about! Rich and beautiful colour. Put them on and you're the icon of this season! The only problem will be whether or not your features will allow you to carry a look as strong as this. Strong charcoals and plums for the eyes, with glorious deep reds, roses and prunes on the lips is all you need to apply for a strong say.

For the even stronger look, the eyes should be smoky and defined. Softer shimmer shades used as bases keep the look from being overpowering, but the contours and eye lines should be very smudgy and dark. You will find a profusion of liquid liner and dark kohl pencils, and they will be used inside the eye as well as on the outer line. Mascara is strong and dark.

Cheeks are awash with colour, but you can still use the new creamy textures if you want a slightly softer application. You can contour or use blusher closer to the front of the cheek.

Lips are rich and creamy. If red is your poison, you can go with a warmer fire-red or a deep, rich crimson. Very dark plum and prune shades leave the lips looking luscious and ripe, if you like a monochromatic make-up, try deeper browns. The finish is either satin and creamy, or you can add gloss.If you want a proper lipstick, look for a colour that has a soft metallic shine.

Some other recommendations: picked from make up magazines

Foundations: Use multiple foundation shades to create shape and contour. Highlight the T-zone with a shade of foundation that's slightly lighter than your skin tone, then use a shade that matches your skin tone to fill in the rest of your face. Add shape by applying a slightly darker shade on either side of your nose and on the undersides of your cheekbones. Remember to always apply very small amounts of foundation at a time and always gently press it into your skin with a sponge to blend.

Lighter Lips: This fall, it's coral, russet and deep sunset tones for your lips and cheeks. Glosses and creamy lip colors will keep your look soft. Feminine is the trend, not flashy. Pick muted hues that don't scream for attention.

Lots of Mascara: Long, lush eyelashes not only frame your eyes but draw attention. To super-enhance lashes, pair a pale shadow color, like icy blue, with lots of mascara on your upper lashes. Full, thick lashes contrast nicely with light, muted eye shadow and are an easy step to adding glamour to your overall look.

For the rest of matching products, i'll leave it to Kassie and Fiona the expert yah !

enjoy and make yourself shine..

wow really detail boh! But sometimes it's always easier said than done...normally i do make up according to my mood. of cos, smokey eyes required skilful hand which i usually won't try it out my own else will look as if kena punched! cool.gif

smokey really need skillful hand...from de first day of my class till now...smoky is sitll one of it tat i cant do it!!!! very difficult! u wont find the point...get blur sometimes...my classmate all is so scared when it comes to smoky. so scary. huh.gif

mmmmm.... the drama queen look is soooooo cool !!!

think i should try to put that on this weekend when i go Espana.. tongue.gif

ekkee... CLubbing nite, anyone ?

shadowprincess...when u wanna learn make up then look for me k. i introduce u....

they say is 3 mothns course but most of them study even longer. price is reasonable and v r all using branded make up product.

smokey really need skillful hand...from de first day of my class till now...smoky is sitll one of it tat i cant do it!!!! very difficult! u wont find the point...get blur sometimes...my classmate all is so scared when it comes to smoky. so scary. huh.gif

I like the Avril look. Her liner is so cool.

But mine always smears.... Then i will look like a panda..

Sigh..

kassie where did u learn? issit a full time course? the products all included in the course of have to buy it on ur own?

eeee i also wanna learn make up...

my friend also took that course but she's a year younger than me :S and she's in melb.. ask her for tips she lcly me >.<

ermm...its in tmn shemelin...anyine knoe tat? somewhere near cheras...its better than those in kl area so tat u can avoid jam. my studion name pick a brush...the course is 3 months RM4000 for the course price....but u no need to pay full payment. RM4000 included RM1000 makeupforever product...they ll provide u product to use...its very free there...can come anytime...can leave anytime. the other product if u want then only buy...they wont force u to buy...course included bring u out to fashion show or commercial...shoothing if they ve....to take experience.... smile.gif so u girls really interested?

then i wait u come back to m'sia k. that time i might be ur senior...hahah

4k is not cheap eh...n at least 3 yrs from now i wont be able to learn there cos i'll be in sg. shamelin..yeah heard b4. thnx for ur info, kassie wink.gif

4k is not cheap eh...

4k consider very cheap here. cuz ive done the survey. 4k included product and its branded. but outside might cheap in course price but they want u to buy product form them...and they ll sell it to u in higher price so tat they can earn from there.

and some of them (i cant write out their academy la) ll not teach u many thing...after 3 monthd they ll give u cert and kick u out so they still got a place for new student!!!

Kassie: Wil u get a cert after the course? Actually, i'm lookin 4 something like personal, not to possess a skillful hand. I dont need the professional cert, do u know wat i mean?!

Kassie: Wil u get a cert after the course? Actually, i'm lookin 4 something like personal, not to possess a skillful hand. I dont need the professional cert, do u know wat i mean?!

yap...i understand wat u mean...v ve personal course too...pay is only...ermmm...cant remember la...very cheap..only teach u on basic...at least u can help urself make up when indeed...

yap...i understand wat u mean...v ve personal course too...pay is only...ermmm...cant remember la...very cheap..only teach u on basic...at least u can help urself make up when indeed...

Hey Kassie now only i know ullok so sweet and fair! like a doll... rolleyes.gif