Sign in to follow this  
michellechen

Make up base/primer

:balloon: aiyo,..not many knows the usage of primer yet?

primer usually mistaken with foundation

primer can also be known as makeup base but

primer works differently from foundations..

there's alot of primer available in the market currently

but since it is not widely known yet in malaysia

so you can only find quite a handful in malaysia

and mostly are branded products :(

primer usually help to reduces redness, bumps on skin when u apply makeup

it even makeup last longer & not melt easier

I usually put on moisturizer before apply the primer.

maybe u guys can check out the facts at http://www.beauty-advices.com/how-to-use-a...-makeup-primer/

from what i know, primer's used to help your makeup stay on longer..

i normally use moisturizer then foundation (and concealer if i need it)...then set it with powder.

i'm thinking of investing in a good primer (MAC).

Either way, i wont skip out any of the regular steps i take. i'll probably apply the primer after moisturizer (=

p.s : primer is NOT foundation (;

Tried and bought RMK make up base yesterday... It's light, can even out the skintone and minimise the appearance of pores too... Loving it now, will updates you guys about the different with MAC Prep and Prime and which one is better soon... My next target is try Laura Mercier's primer, coz these 3 brands is kinda famous for their make up base/primer... :)

use rmk liquid makeup base for the first time today

really gives me the dewy look, smoothen my face, really light n makeup stays longer

there's no oil controlling, so i need to blot once in awhile,

i'm really satisfied, i like it really much~!

Yarr, it can't control oil much compare to my MAC prep and prime, but then the outcome is nicer... My make up looks more natural and less powdery, and yes, the dewy look... :wub:

Tried and bought RMK make up base yesterday... It's light, can even out the skintone and minimise the appearance of pores too... Loving it now, will updates you guys about the different with MAC Prep and Prime and which one is better soon... My next target is try Laura Mercier's primer, coz these 3 brands is kinda famous for their make up base/primer... :)

Hie Chris, am currently using Laura Mercier's primer at the moment. I love it a lot as its colourless and feels light on my skin upon application. So far so good. I cant comment on other brand though because I've only used Dior previously (which I bought in the wrong color code) I have a combination skin so the one Im using is LM's oil-free base. There's another hydrating one as well. I think I'll try RMK or Mac next, you have quite a review of them here ;)

Hie Chris, am currently using Laura Mercier's primer at the moment. I love it a lot as its colourless and feels light on my skin upon application. So far so good. I cant comment on other brand though because I've only used Dior previously (which I bought in the wrong color code) I have a combination skin so the one Im using is LM's oil-free base. There's another hydrating one as well. I think I'll try RMK or Mac next, you have quite a review of them here ;)

Millie, does this LM primer control oil well? My skin is dehydrated yet very oily, my make up can't stay well without primer... :)

Millie, does this LM primer control oil well? My skin is dehydrated yet very oily, my make up can't stay well without primer... :)

Dear Chris, I dont think it can really control oil well but to begin with, its not oily at all when I apply it on my skin so I think it should be a bonus. I've got a combination skin too, can be quite oily at times but it works well for me. It depends to which degree of oiliness your skin is. I can say although its oil free its not drying at all so its good all in all. Perhaps you could ask for a sample first and try it out. The SA at Parkson Pavillion are really generous. I spend around RM250 and they gave me a little pouch of samples (2 mini lip pencil, 1 mini eye pencil, 1 small bottle of cream wash and a few tiny packets of bath shampoo, conditioner and cream) something like that. Havnt take a proper look at those samples yet :D

Dear Chris, I dont think it can really control oil well but to begin with, its not oily at all when I apply it on my skin so I think it should be a bonus. I've got a combination skin too, can be quite oily at times but it works well for me. It depends to which degree of oiliness your skin is. I can say although its oil free its not drying at all so its good all in all. Perhaps you could ask for a sample first and try it out. The SA at Parkson Pavillion are really generous. I spend around RM250 and they gave me a little pouch of samples (2 mini lip pencil, 1 mini eye pencil, 1 small bottle of cream wash and a few tiny packets of bath shampoo, conditioner and cream) something like that. Havnt take a proper look at those samples yet :D

Sounds good, i'll get my hands on them once i'd done with my RMK make up base... Thx, Millie... :)

Just to comment on the Primers i tried before

MAC prep and prime - Love it cause it smoothen and makes your face softer and easier to apply foundation. And it absorbs real fast too. control oil pretty great.

GA Fluid Master - Very skeptical about the oily feeling when you first put it on, but its absorbs and gives you that really watery smooth look. Like your face is shining healthily and when you layer your foundation its like so natural. But i do find it a bit weird, as i am used to the soft, smooth texture rather than the fluid that is a tad oily feeling...

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched face base - very nice base, smell a bit strong but i can work it out, keeps your foundation on forever, gives u that dewy, healthy look. Hydrating and won't be worried of using it when winter comes and my skin start to go so dry it peels.

Pretty much satisfied with all the brands i have used before. It doesn't make my oily t zone oilier, doesn't clog my pores, give me the really natural look when i layer my foundation on and it really improves the long lasting power of my foundation.

But i guess a good primer and good foundation can create the look that is very natural and pretty. If your foundation tends to get oily later, no matter how good your base is, it won't be shine free whole day.

xD

I wan try Laura mercier and RMK base too. LOL.

Sounds good, i'll get my hands on them once i'd done with my RMK make up base... Thx, Millie... :)

No prob Chris. Ohh, and if it helps, its RM129. I think I'll try out RMK first, sounds more tempting than Mac to me. Hehe. :viet:

Just to comment on the Primers i tried before

MAC prep and prime - Love it cause it smoothen and makes your face softer and easier to apply foundation. And it absorbs real fast too. control oil pretty great.

GA Fluid Master - Very skeptical about the oily feeling when you first put it on, but its absorbs and gives you that really watery smooth look. Like your face is shining healthily and when you layer your foundation its like so natural. But i do find it a bit weird, as i am used to the soft, smooth texture rather than the fluid that is a tad oily feeling...

Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched face base - very nice base, smell a bit strong but i can work it out, keeps your foundation on forever, gives u that dewy, healthy look. Hydrating and won't be worried of using it when winter comes and my skin start to go so dry it peels.

Pretty much satisfied with all the brands i have used before. It doesn't make my oily t zone oilier, doesn't clog my pores, give me the really natural look when i layer my foundation on and it really improves the long lasting power of my foundation.

But i guess a good primer and good foundation can create the look that is very natural and pretty. If your foundation tends to get oily later, no matter how good your base is, it won't be shine free whole day.

xD

I wan try Laura mercier and RMK base too. LOL.

Do drop a review after you've tried them. It is just never enough right? Hehe :D

I hv just purchased Paul & Joe's Protective Foundation Primer UV SPF 40 ++

It costs RM113 and only has one size which is 26.9ml....

It has a very nice, floral smell and all I need is a little bit of it to tighten pores

and cover up my flaws....

Ratings wise? I would say 3.5 upon 5 cos I find it doesnt really help cover my flaws

but honestly, it controls oil, even after 5 hours...

Now, I'm waiting for paycheck to get one from Laura Mercier...seems like it gets lots of

good reviews here....

MAC sounds convincing to me :P

which one better?... P+P with or w/o SPF? (since my studiofix has spf already,..can I just get the w/o spf one?)

anyone has good review on mineral makeup primer?

bought one for eyes frm LYN,..now looking for mineral face primer

any recommendations?

MAC sounds convincing to me :P

which one better?... P+P with or w/o SPF? (since my studiofix has spf already,..can I just get the w/o spf one?)

anyone has good review on mineral makeup primer?

bought one for eyes frm LYN,..now looking for mineral face primer

any recommendations?

I read from somewhere before that we should not load our face with too many products with spf. Anyway, try asking the SA?

I want to find mineral face primer as well

I have been using the Biotherm make up base for a few weeks, and realise my face become very oily. Now, I have decided to stop using anymore make up base. I feel like make up base makes the face really oily.

Well, i heard that we shud use tinted moisturizers/make up base before applying foundations but i cant really differentiate between those so i usually use my own moisturizer (nivea day cream) as the base before i put on my foundation. I used REVLON liquid foundation but i think it's kinda thick after some time. I've also tried LANEIGE foundation also and the smell is really nice, but a little bit too watery... -___-" So until now, i'm still looking for the right foundation. I don't want my make up to look cakey! And i realized sun block lotion works as the make up base too. Becos of the watery and oily texture, i think my face looks less dry and more moisturize. Anyone can recommend any make up base or moisturizer for me? I have combination skin. And for concealer, i've used quite a lot of brand but still there will be fine lines appearing under my eyes. And somehow, it can't really covers my dark circles. So i usually go out without much make up... but the mascara is a MUST! =p

I almost bought Clarins makeup base today (RM95) but instead went with Kate (RM37/39) since I didn't feel like splurging on something I haven't tried/used before. Was that silly? Have heard good things about Clarins and it felt nice but honestly could not feel the difference between Kate and Clarins. Plus I like how the Kate one just goes on smoothly.

prettikat

ya...i have confidence in kate's products..

their products are usually good :D

thanks yin. i like it so far but not sure if it's making any difference. my sis just bought the one from Bloom and will give that a try tomorrow - it won a few local mags awards (Cleo, Cosmo) so we'll see.

now having my eye on that gal by Benefit after doing a makeover .. it was nice.

hi espritgirl :)

what about u try out Chanel's whitening makeup base,it has 3 diff colour tones,yellowish,pinkish and blue-ish. it also has spf 30! so u dont have to worry for applying anymore sunblock. I just bought the blue-ish (Azur) tone last 2 days for RM158 and it's good on my skin,it has a lil bit of shimmering effect(pigment) so that our skin will glow. I heard that RMK make up base also good.Tomorrow i'm going to survey RMK stuffs. Anyway,good luck in choosing ur own make up base ya! :D

Hi babes,

So I noticed that many satisfied users hav been raving bout MAC Prep+Prime, I'm so convinced now!

Most of u said it really controls oil, rite? Does it works really well with both combination & oily skin? Coz I have SUPER oily skin!! :(

And does anyone know d price? Coz in CLEO it says RM60, but one of u said RM98.

Aiyoh which one???

Hope anybabe can help me, thanks!