Sign in to follow this  
cutiesweetie

your opinion is needed

Hi Alll babes,

just wondering base on the current economic right now, do you still alot on your skin care & cosmetics? cut budget? or switch to another cheaper brand?

i want to find out how is babes shopping behavior....

for me, i'm thinking to switch to cheaper and natural DIY products. (like those mineral makeup, olive oil, apple cider vinegar toner, rose water etc...)

got to prepare for recession. ^_^

for me, i'm thinking to switch to cheaper and natural DIY products. (like those mineral makeup, olive oil, apple cider vinegar toner, rose water etc...)

got to prepare for recession. ^_^

ic. all the while i am buying miniature SKII products. so still consider affordable to me.

i also noticed a change of eating behavior this morning when i went to wet market to buy something. When i pass by the hawker center i do notice nowadays 2 persons order 1 drink to share... 4 familiy member share 2 glass. For me, i dont order any drink while eating at hawker center.

actually another reason of switching to more "natural" lines is i think they will work better for my sensitive skin.

yeah, the eating habit too, few days ago when I went Sakae Sushi, usually there is a long line queue outside the door as it is lunch time, but surprisingly there is no queue outside. kind of abnormal...

My bf keep reminding me that the recession is coming, a lot of companies announced not giving annual increment this year, etc etc...

sad sad... :(

Edited by eden

Yeah~ I really think we should start watching our spending now to prepare for the coming recession. But I wouldn't compromise on my skincare so much, probably dine out less. Usually on weekend I spend around MYR30-40 per meal at least. Sigh~

And look for more money worthy skincare. And don't use too much when applying, just enough is good enough :)

Yeah~ I really think we should start watching our spending now to prepare for the coming recession. But I wouldn't compromise on my skincare so much, probably dine out less. Usually on weekend I spend around MYR30-40 per meal at least. Sigh~

And look for more money worthy skincare. And don't use too much when applying, just enough is good enough :)

RM30-40 per meal! alot... i usually cook at home or eat at hawker center.

skin care i usually buy online.. is much cheaper.. i am using SKII for the past 2 years... buy online save me alot alot of money and get the same result!

I believe buy thing online will be the trend now & in future....

I just recently change my skin care to face shop from estee lauder. I have to admit that I am currently saving quite a lot. But then my reason for changing my skincare was not to save money but that estee lauder doesn't seem to do my face any good anymore. So sometimes cheaper brands are not necessarily not good.

I try to save more on others. Like buying less bags, jewellry and accesories. I tend to be a big shopper so now I shop less, save petrol also. hahaha

can wait for sales season eg anniversary sales, festive sales (deepavali sales, christmas sales etc) if it's not so hurry

do more research, readings and survey on products that u r interested, to reduce chances of buying products that do not suit u..

always do cleaning and tidying ur skincare and cosmetics, at the same time also remind u how many things u have

focus money on more important key items such as essence/serum, sunblock and foundation..

while cleansers as long as it provide the cleansing effect without causing irritation to ur skin, then it's ok..not necessary to buy branded ones

same for toner..which is not an essential step..unless u buy the high-performance toners eg SKII facial treatment essence or shiseido Revital A toner..

Hi guys, i think if you have knowledge on skin care you dont need to spend your on expensive product. Cosmetics company sometimes sell their products hype to the consumer and make consumer believe that expensive products are better than the medium ones. For example SK II products contain BHA at almost RM 300 but Paula Choice skincare offer the same benefit but with a lot of effective vitamins at only RM 78. That why we need to educate ourselves so we know how to choose a gud producs without wasting our money.

Last time i use to apply pricey skincare..no doubt some of the pricey still workable on my sensitive skin.Nowadays, i spare those pricey skincare as SOS kit and find some certified organic skincare where suit my skin..all my skincare like rojak. Cleanser, toner, essence, cream all from different brand ( i prefer made in USA,Japan or Korean)..Balance diet is the most important issue too.Now, i wanna save on skincare expenses that's y mix skincare like rojak..i choose the product value for $$$.

RM30-40 per meal! alot... i usually cook at home or eat at hawker center.

skin care i usually buy online.. is much cheaper.. i am using SKII for the past 2 years... buy online save me alot alot of money and get the same result!

I believe buy thing online will be the trend now & in future....

Yeap, it is alot. But when you dine at shopping complex that is the price. Me and my friends usually go for Japanese, even chinese restaurant like Dragon-I or Fong Loi Cha Satt also around that price per person. They don't want to go for fast food so no choice.

But nowadays we watch on our spending more, can't really just dine in anywhere without thinking twice. I love to dine at mamak and hawker stall too as long as it is good :)

And I agree buying stuff through online really saves a bundle. But you need to verify its authenticity first. I bought ampoules through online not too long ago and I think I am going to get masks in the near future too. They are affordable and claimed to be good :D

Yeap, it is alot. But when you dine at shopping complex that is the price. Me and my friends usually go for Japanese, even chinese restaurant like Dragon-I or Fong Loi Cha Satt also around that price per person. They don't want to go for fast food so no choice.

But nowadays we watch on our spending more, can't really just dine in anywhere without thinking twice. I love to dine at mamak and hawker stall too as long as it is good :)

And I agree buying stuff through online really saves a bundle. But you need to verify its authenticity first. I bought ampoules through online not too long ago and I think I am going to get masks in the near future too. They are affordable and claimed to be good :D

ya. i do agreed online shopping can really save alot... i have been buying SKII online since 2 years ago.. else where got such money to use SKII .. haha...

Totally agree with blue rose! Current economy did help me putting down some weight.... :P

Anyways, last time i use dermalogica and now found that skin food works ok too.

Skin food products is too various and sometimes, some certain prodcuts can make my face gone all wrong.

I don't like their sales at Ipoh jusco and queensbay (they are same) coz they do not recomend well enough, and i bought stuffs that are not suitable for me.

they all recomend expensive stuffs and don't care whether your skin can take it or not. I'm totally regret of buying stuff from them.

sales at Skin food outlet of BM Aeon City seberang prai are better, they recomend products that are good for me.

So far, all their recomendations that i use can actually replace my dermologica products...

hey, and the sea vegetable series smells similar to L'occitane's anti age series too.

But i still stick with dermalogica's microfoliant (their star product).

I do not use skII coz i have bad experience with it. Used the one bought from counter.

get my face tighten up until my eyes cannot blink and my mouth cannot close... nightmare.

Hi, I definitely cut down my expenses but a girl can't give up shopping totally right? :P At down times like this, I am more cautious of how I spend. When the economy is good, you can buy 1 handbag+ 1 pair of shoes + 1 lipstick. When times are bad, you have to make a choice.You can only buy one item, choose the item that you most desired. Sales are not attractive when the economy is down. Even if it is a sale item, I still have to pay money right? I go shopping less nowadays. When I have free time, I will think of something else to do that doesn't cost that much eg cooking a nice dinner (still cheaper than eating out), do a makeover for my friend etc....

I am trying to find cheaper alternatives for my skin care and make up as well. It is difficult to cut down the number of items since they are all important items to me.

Edited by `cherish

hey babe.. i totally agree to all of ya... personally, i will save my clothes or dining.. and put in all my budget into skin care and cosmetics.. hohoho...

don't go for cheap cosmetics, go for average wan because those cheap cosmetic is not good for skin.

I cut down my expenses on food, try to eat at home lor. And I also try buying clothes online too because its so much cheaper because I don't really go for high quality clothes since I will wear it for only few times, so I think buying online is quite good even though the quality may not be that good la.

But during sales can consider to buy clothes from shopping complex! Love Love Love Sales! :clapclap: