Sign in to follow this  
Xylem

How to ease the pain due menstrual?

Hai,

Can anyone outside there, especially the lady. Can you provide me any information regard on how to reduce the pain due to the menstrual pain / Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS).

I'm very sad to look my girlfren suffer it every month,while I can't help her at all...

Is there any meal or whatsoever items that will effectively against the period pain?

Regards

p/s: I'm looking forward for your reply on this topic.

Does she take a lot of cold stuffs during her period?

I don't know if it's out of superstition or what but I was always told not to take cold stuffs especially those with ice and all as it'll increase the pain.

And also, don't take cooling drinks, like herbal tea, any sort of tea, and this includes ice lemon tea.

Drink lots of warm water!

Hope this helps!

put some warm water in a water bottle and roll it on her tummy - the warmer the better

there's also these painkillers you can get over the counter called cataflam - get the 50mg - and ask her to take a pill or two when then pain starts to kick in

and make sure she drinks a lot of hot beverages throughout the day

if shit gets really bad - a few shots of brandy/bourbon of any sort (mixed with a bit of sugared warm water) helps get one sleepy and with that she can pretty much get herself tipsy and sleep away the pain

there are these traditional pills called "Bai Fung Yuen" im not sure what u call that in english, which can be found in traditional chinese herbs stores such as Eu yan Sang or in ur housing area...

They claim to reduce the pain and better control the time frame of the periods, resulting in better period management...

Hope it helps....

I did lots of reading and research about this problem because my girl has bad menstrual pain sometimes.

When she is losing blood she is also losing calcium, iron, red blood cells and water.

I have my girlfriend drink plenty of water to stay hyrdrated, have her eat food iron rich food (her favorite is a special breakfast cereal) and have her take vitamins with calcium, vitamin C (helps absorb iron), B6 / B12 vitamins and a multivitamin for general health.

All of that helps put the things she's losing back into her body and stop the pain from being so bad.

She also takes an Ibuprofen pain pill.

Tell her to avoid drinking alcohol or caffeine because both of those make you lose water and make the cramps worse.

hi..ermm..normal thing for the gurls..but it may be reduce though..well, i'm speaking thru my experience...i had to face this b4..God, darn hurt. but now no more. Now i'm using F&C Bio Sanitary Pad by AVAIL. it is the BESTEST solution for me. this may helps u to prevent and rectify some of the following probs:

1) vaginal infection

2) itchiness

3) backache during menstruation

4) menstrual pain

5) vaginal discharge

it really works for me..if u would love to try this n get the sample 4 ur gf, i may post it out 2 u.. just pm me ok? :) or u may visit this product's website at www.availbeauty.com for further info

hope this will help u.. :D

panadol menstrual is useless for me now... im now taking another kind of menstrual drug called = buprofen(pharmacist recommended this to me)

i jz took 1 tablet and im free of pain ( i jz took 1 tablet per mth)...

i have serious menstrual pain... i nearlly passed out once... sigh...

Yes yes agree... exercise will help a lot. Dont expect overnight results ok. Its a long term thing unlike pain killers.

I used to have horrible pain too as a child. So bad until kena take hormones pills to balance out my hormones (for a short time) and reduce all PMSes. My uncle is a O&G, so he prescribed hormones for me. Haha. Too bad, take hormones also i dont see any good effects like bigger boobs today. :P

But everything changed when I was 13 onwards. I started getting active both in taekwondo and tennis. monday to sunday I will be playing a sport till 7PM only go home. All those pantang larang of no ice water, bla bla bla all went out the window a few years down the road. And miraculously, I just realised one day that I've never had a period pain in a very long time.

I dont take any supplements cos I am too lazy to follow the regimen. Just eat whatever I want and whenever I want. Until one day, my good friend pointed out, that I never let period took control of my life. It comes when it comes. It doesnt bother me like I shouldnt wear white, shouldnt wear dresses, shouldnt take this and that. :clapclap:

My advise, just stay healthy and be active. Supplements are good if you can diligently follow the regime. You have to follow the regime only can see results in the future. Dont today eat, next 3 days dont eat, then next 1 week everyday eat, then next 1 month totally skipped, habis lah like that. Haha cos I know I am like that lor. so I dont take supplements punya. To me, they are a waste of money. :P

It seems every women have PMS problem. However the different from one women to another.

Try:

1) Drink more warm water instead cold or cooling drinks

2) Give gentle massage on tummy (where ur hand must be warm) **i like this most*

3) Eat chocolate

4) Eat more foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, vegetables and fruits.

5) Minimize alcohol & caffein

6) Do exercise regulary to prevent PMS

7) Try herbal remedies recommend by certified doctor or pharmacian

8) Sleep more

I eat panadol mentrual. I eat b4 the severe pain starts so that i wont feel the pain so much when it comes. And yes massage using your warm hand helps. Loves this too but hand tend to get tired very fast. When right hand got tired, change to left hand, then change to right hand... sigh ~~

Edited by erine pink

Well I do have this problem. Very bad cramp till I'm not able to get up. Same time I also have irregular menses, some times once every three months or brown discharge for a month.

Went to gynae and found I have Polycystic ovary and that caused me having irregular menses and difficulties getting pregnant because of not ovulating.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a hidden hormonal imbalance. The result of too much testosterone and an inability to control blood sugar levels, it is inherited and there is no cure. The symptoms are unexplained weight gain, excess facial hair, adult acne, and infertility - and the associated risks are worse.

Previously i did tried EPO, Tang Quai and Pak Foong Pills but all doesn't help at all till a friend recommended me Spirulina. That was how I switch to Spirulina. Beside helping me to curb my menses cramp it also help in PCOS.

Honestly in the beginning I was a bit skeptical, but since I've tried so many others, so was thinking no harm trying and it works.

As Spirulina contains plant sterols found to enhance hormone balance.

Especially for women, a food source of GLA is important too. Its richness in GLA - a precursor to the body's prostaglandins - master hormones that control many functions. Poor diet, saturated fats and alcohol can cause GLA deficiency leading to cnditions like heart disease and premenstrual stress. Same time I've heard from many women who have appreciated spirulina's benefits for PMS and for healthy, beautiful skin.

Also Spirulina is a whole food source containing a full spectrum of proteins, minerals, vitamins, oil and other nutrients. Furthermore to be able to be effective vitamins & minerals are dependent upon each other. So this solve my problem. :thumbup1:

Edited by healthygal

From my best friend. Her menstrual pain will make her stay on bed for the whole day on the first 2 days.

Gynae doctor said, ask her to deliver a baby, then will cure the pain. I don't the explaination. But it works. Anyone experience it before?

I have a simple and easy regime that I try to follow (when I remember, that is) to reduce pain during my monthly menstruation. This is an advice given by a female teacher when I was still in secondary school last time, and me coming from an all-girls' school make teachers there more knowledgeable in this area perhaps, heh. Anyway, the secret is: avoid cold and cooling food and drinks approximately a week prior to menstruation. I have tried this more often and regularly in recent months and I do feel that the pain that I usually experience on the first and second day of my menstruation reduced significantly. I hope using this helps for you girls rather than using other methods which are more invasive such as taking pills, etc.

I remembered my coursemate in uni used to have period pains- she will just lie in bed, her whole face pale and could not move. I've tried smashing up some ginger, then boiling it with brown sugar- it sort of relieve a little but for severe pain, does not seemed to remove the pain. Once, due to wrong food intake (if I happened to eat chilis and teh tarik on the day, finish for me)- the pain was unbearable. I went to yoga class and about 20 min of sun salutation, the pain just went off. I think the stretching really helps.

http://healthblog.yinteing.com/2008/07/16/...to-relieve-pms/

yup i've heard that not taking cold food/drinks prior to your menstruation will help ease the pain. and it really works, from what my friends say. i can't say much coz i don't experience much pain..

Ever since I have started to drink milk frequently, i think my menstrual pain has reduced. i wonder whether it helps?

I tried chlorophyll drink & it helped to relieve. Oso, put hot towel on the abdomen oso helps (I oso add some essential oils) Dont take cold drink is a must to prevent.

I have a simple and easy regime that I try to follow (when I remember, that is) to reduce pain during my monthly menstruation. This is an advice given by a female teacher when I was still in secondary school last time, and me coming from an all-girls' school make teachers there more knowledgeable in this area perhaps, heh. Anyway, the secret is: avoid cold and cooling food and drinks approximately a week prior to menstruation. I have tried this more often and regularly in recent months and I do feel that the pain that I usually experience on the first and second day of my menstruation reduced significantly. I hope using this helps for you girls rather than using other methods which are more invasive such as taking pills, etc.

Yes, this is definitely one of the most natural way to reduce the pain. And it will also regulate your menstrual cycle and the amount of blood flow out(means not too much or too little). Prior to knowing this, I tend to have very painful period and sometimes can't even get up. Since I started practicing this years ago, I have forgotten how the pain is like :P

Although sometimes you still get the pain 1 or 2 days before, but the pain is very very light only. plus, drinking cold drinks all the time are not good for your body right? :P

Another thing to add is if you are having the pain few days before your period, please please avoid coffee and tea totally! Because it will only worsen the condition. hope this helps :wink3: