Sign in to follow this  
Jamince

Dance Studio

Due to lack of exercise, i think of doing something which is interesting and can exercise too. So i decided to learn some social dance. However, I don wanna go fitness centre to have those exercise-dancing. Anyone been to any dance studio to learn Latin before? can suggest? I prefer places in bangsar, hartamas or somewhere near to tis 2 places. Actually any social dance will do..

my mum took latin class for many years, i tried to learn from her sometimes but its real hard.. :(

she can dance much better than me although she is already 56 years old :thumbup1:

wow~ my mum also tried to learn but she cant catch up.. she learn from my aunty..

but now in KL i try to find, no idea ler.. found a studio at bangsar but their class is RM120 per month.. so wanna know where got better n cheaper..

Cheras... there's plenty of them.

The one that i'm attending to is RM70/month for 4 classes in a month for beginner.

I'm gathering ppl to go for the Latin technique class... I wonder if anybody is interested to join the class. Price is not confirm...

dear jamnice, i think i knew which studio u meant at bangsar........... kaka.......

well, normally some of the dance skools around pj area is slightly higher la. u could try kl area la.......i have a fren who is learning in bangsar......well she said tat place is consider bangsar area n it's a social dance. i think it might b slightly cheaper la. u could try a n c dance skool if they have not shifted it is still in sunway...............

maeSon,

may i know what is the name of the school?

mimiahmad,

thanks for the info~ i've heard bout tis b4, i think it's at TTDI rite? but it's quite jam going there.

WendyBlue,

Thanks for ur info~ but cheras is quite far from me, i scare i'll be lazy to go class.. hehehe

the name of the dance skool my fren went is call A & C like i mention. it's at the bangsar near the kerinchi station.

For the begining stage, Latin normally will cover Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba and Rock&Roll

my fren says it goes by term le....... she started since november i think.. so far she did rock n roll, waltz,cha cha, tango, n few more tat i totally forgot la.......if u are looking for social dance tat's wat u learn in social dances le. keke...i help u to find out the number. give me some time ar. if can pm me to remind me. i m an old woman

but nowadays u seldom find dancing studio.. most of the studios are now conducting yoga.. a trend.. i was looking for the dacing studio before.. end up go to fitness centre.. but still waste money.. those fitness centre class not as good as the studio.. and i din go too :P

My friend was with the latin studio in TTDI, she said the class is good, and they have a gathering once in a week for dancing.. which i feel warm after hearing that.. was thinking to join, but she went to overseas.. no accompanion..

you may go n hav a look.. price may a bit higher.. dunno ler.. nv been there..

I'm currently attending social dancing & belly dancing in SMASH , Kota Damansara. It's new and they've all kinds of promotion, you sign up one social dance class and they give you FREE preview class for belly dancing and ladies hip hop. You should really check this place out, i've learnt salsa, waltz, rumba in the social dance class, can't wait for disco rock next month :clapclap: . just check out

www.smash.com.my

Cheras... there's plenty of them.

The one that i'm attending to is RM70/month for 4 classes in a month for beginner.

I'm gathering ppl to go for the Latin technique class... I wonder if anybody is interested to join the class. Price is not confirm...

Wendy, do you mind giving me the name of ur dance studio? I'm looking for one for ballroom dance/salsa.

Thxs in adv.

Nicole

i've never been to dance space before but i heard that they're pretty good. it's located in plaza damas, next to hartamas shopping centre. any members here go there? reviews appreciated :)

Hi girls, for those that's looking for a social dancing Salsa is the best. There's 1 located at Tmn Tun, as 1 girl had mention earlier www.haveanaestudio.com They offer Salsa classes Rm 200 for 2 mths. If you do drop in i think it's Rm 35. They teach great basics and their classes are always full. Browse their website for more info.

Gurly dance:

There is a dance studio located at ipoh garden east after the bridge. There is a row of shop lots, i think now there is a big foot massage sign, it is located on the second row behind. Upstairs call MY Studio. Offer great latin dance class.

Hi All,

I'm newbie here, my teacher is planning for Stretching Class with Adult ballet (Freeworks) classes on Oct08.

Currently, he's teaching stretching class only on Mon night. (Believe me. It feels good after that)

Anybody interest can PM me.

Need more attendance to reduce fee loh!!

Time : Mon night.

Good for relieving stress, improves body posture, flexibility, stamina.

Cheers and have fun....

QUOTE (mimiahmad @ Feb 9 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out this website, might interest you! http://www.havanaestudio.com.my/

I'm currently taking Salsa classes with this studio and they are reallly goood teachers. They break down the steps and routines for you very clearly.

Salsa is categorised as street-latin and it is more social than latin. Latin is more for performances whereas there are lots of social salsa places around Klang Valley nowadays. Not only do you actually lose weight (of cause, you've to be dancing consistently throughout the week larrrrr), you have lots of fun tooo thumbup1.gif