Sign in to follow this  
shan shan

Chanel Bag

I couldnt find any thread regarding Chanel Bag. Can any one tell me how much are the bags in the photos? :praisegod:

chanelclassicflapbagqs1.jpg

image extracted from website.

Edited by shan shan

Those are classics, very nice, I would like to know about the price too. :thumbup1:

I like Channel, but can't afford it , it is way tooo expensive, one small sling bag can cost more than RM6,000! Can buy 2 LV already! Can only admire it now.. hope can own one Channel bag one day ^_^

Edited by whitecoffee

The big one should be around RM8,000 - RM10, 000 and the small one could be around RM 5,000.. And the worst part is the prices of Chanel bags increase every year!!!!

The big one should be around RM8,000 - RM10, 000 and the small one could be around RM 5,000.. And the worst part is the prices of Chanel bags increase every year!!!!

Thanks sweetie! They increase price every year! oh dear...... ^_^

:shocking:

Meaning, if I want to buy, I better buy it now, before the price increase again!!

Haha, I can't afford that.

this is the one bag u hope ur mom will pass on to u..

n u hope u can have a few so u can pass to ur descendants too.. ^_^

this is the one bag u hope ur mom will pass on to u..

n u hope u can have a few so u can pass to ur descendants too.. ^_^

Ya you are right, to quote the advert of Patek Philippe......you dont actually own it, you just merely look after it for your next generation......cant remember the exact phase, but I think Chanel Bag is really "Timeless" , absolutely, truly a real investment.. :P

Edited by shan shan

Chanel is truly very classy. Not only the price totally beat LV, there are no Chanel bag sold on the internet, not even in Chanel official website. Chanel only sells their authentic bags in a Chanel store and sometimes in a very high-end retailer, that's what i know and have been told. That's what make me feel so special about Chanel.

Edited by smileyc240

I believe both the bags posted are the Cavier flaps. The Lambskin range might be off a different price. And Chanel would always be the epitome of class, not LV. Sorry, I'm biased. :P

We can see lots of girls carrying LV in KLCC, but not many Chanel (other than those imitation), it is not so affordable.

Can anyone post their Chanel collection here? Let me envy for a while.. :P

We can see lots of girls carrying LV in KLCC, but not many Chanel (other than those imitation), it is not so affordable.

Can anyone post their Chanel collection here? Let me envy for a while.. :P

My sis got the Chanel Bowling Bag PM black one. But she didn't send to me. Else i can show off here :P

thanks smileyc240 for your info. really really expensive! can buy two LV bags..... :shakehead:

Yeah... it's like 2 LV bags with that size.

Chanel Classic Flap Bag vs. Reissue 2.55

One very commonly asked question is on the difference between the Chanel Classic Flap and the Chanel Reissue 2.55 bags.

whiteflap.jpg

Classic Flap

reissue.jpg

Reissue

HISTORY:

The lock on the Reissue is the original lock, it is called the Mademoiselle Lock as Ms Coco Chanel never married, the 'CC' lock was introduced to the Classic Flap Bags only in the 1980s by designer Karl Lagerfeld. The 2.55 in its name refers to the first release of the 2.55 bag in February of 1955. Coco Chanel grew up in an orphanage/convent, therefore, the double chain shoulder strap comes from when the children's' caretakers in the orphanage would dangle keys from their waists with the same type of chains as on the Reissue. Also, the zippered compartment on the inside of the front flap of the Reissue is where Coco sequestered her love letters, as she was having an affair at that time. The brownish red color of the inside represents the color of Coco and the rest of the children's uniforms (the nuns' were black with white trim: thus, the packaging on Chanel Parfum/Eau de Parfum/Eau de Toilette). The back outside flap of the Reissue actually marks where Coco would stash extra money!

Over the years there have been many variations to the original design of the 2.55, including the leather/fabric, the chain - metal vs. interwoven leather, single flap vs. double flap, and the closure - mademoiselle vs. interlocking CC. The 2.55 refers to all flap-style bags, including variations of the original! The term classic flap commonly refers to the flap with the interlocking CC closure and the leather interwoven chain.

In February 2005, Karl Lagerfeld re-made the 2.55 - exactly as Coco Chanel had made in 1955, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the 2.55. It came to be known as the Reissue. Technically the term Reissue should only be used for the bags that were made to commemorate the original - so only those in 2005. However, it has become convenient to call all 2.55s that resemble the original 2.55 Reissues and all 2.55s that have the interlocking CCs Classic Flaps.

THE DIFFERENCES:

1. Closure/Locks: Classic has the double CC turn-style lock, the Reissue has the Mademoiselle lock (rectangular shape).

2. The handle: The reissue has an all chain handle, while the classic has leather interwoven between the chain links.

3. Reissue has a different type of leather, that is made to seem more worn than the caviar leather on the classics.

4. All the reissues have a double flap inside, whereas the Jumbo Classic does not.

5. The sizes on the Reissue are different than the sizes on the Classic Flaps.

SIZES:

The Chanel Classic Flap Bag comes in three sizes:

Small - 9″ x 5.5″ x 2″

Medium - 10″ x 6″ x 2.5″

Jumbo - 12″ x 8″ x 3″

*Lambskin would be a little bit more expensive than Cavier*

The sizes for the Chanel Reissue 2.55:

A302224: - The Baby 7.5 W x 5.75 H x 1.75 D inches

A302225: - Small 9.75″ x 7.06″ x 2.16″

A302226: - Medium 11″ x 8″ x 2.5″

A302227: - Large 12.25″ x 9.18″ x 2.5″

A302228: - The X-Large aka Jumbo 14.2″ x 9.8″ x 3″ (rare)

*taken from Purse Blog*

Edited by weN

Great!!! WeN, Thanks for your info. Really appreciate that! I think it is very important that i shld have more knowledge about the background or history of a brand if I love this brand. :praisegod: do tell us more if you have any more information! :clapclap:

I will post more on how to differentiate between an authentic and counterfeit/fake Chanel soon once I find the time to compile everything. Just a general guideline not specifics as Chanel has so many variations. ;)

Ok i may be outdated , this is the limited edition croc bags from Chanel's Paris Biarritz line. It is worth a hefty USD45,000!

But isnt this so beautiful...

chanelparisbia3ny4.jpg

I like that bag but its HUGE. Btw, the Pariz Biarritz line was only for a season. I like all the bags in that line though. Very chic and trendy without losing the classiness of Chanel. :)

i passed by chanel boutique in klcc recently

their bags are superb!!!! :wub: