Sign in to follow this  
sweet-n-evil

adult ballet

probably yeah depend how old you are. people start young when bones are flexible, able to shape them etc but when older its stiff and tougher to train

adult ballet are for adults lo...... u won't be doing d same as wat those kids do la......... some take adult ballet to streghten their other form of dance. some use it to straighten their back or watever. some even enjoy it but was unable to dance it when are they young lo. so no worries la. some married woman oso learn n stuff. some old uncle oso learned. u may not be able to dance like pro but hey..... if u really wan to learn it then learn it la.

the stuffs tat the teacher teaches is easy not tat hard. at first u may find it hard or found urself not flexible. but as time goes by u will at least improve a bit geh. like those yoga instructors the more u do the more flexible u may become. i read in The Star newspaper previously..... they featured 2 or 3 uncles who are learning ballet. they say they enjoy it tat's y they keep learning. keke.......

hope this helps.

Hey... Its never too late to do anything as long as you hv the heart. My wife is a ballet instructor and do teach adult ballet, not so sure about now. If you are interested...send me a message and I could channel you to my wife. She can provide you some good advice and also the nearest instructor you can approach. My wife is a qualified RAD instructor.

Hi! :)

This is my first time posting here!

Anyway, I've taken ballet classes up to the age of 13. I stopped after my Grade 5 RAD exams, just before my class was about to start the vocational syllabus at intermediate foundation if i'm not mistaken.

I'm 18 now, and it's been four years since i've done any proper ballet, and i'm thinking of starting classes again, however most schools seem to cater only for young girls who have been taking ballet continuously since they were 5 or something.

Are there any ballet schools out there that offer ballet classes for older teens? I'm looking specifically in areas like Bandar Utama, Taman Tun, Damansara Jaya, Damansara Utama, Kiara, Hartamas, Subang, and other areas nearby :). And should i join those purely beginner classes or try to start at a higher grade?

Well I think it's not too late. Ballet is for EVERYONE at any age. IF you really want to enjoy ballet I advise NEVER take classes that recommend you to take ballet exams because you will stressed up. There are some GREAT ballet classes that I know for instance; Aurora Dance School. The fees are inexpensive ( RM60 a month) and adult ballet classes are conducted on every Thursday nights. I'm thinking of taking ballet classes at Aurora Dance School but there's a problem. It's 40km away from home. It's not a problem for me BUT a problem for my parents for sure. They don't like sending me here and there because they get tired really quick. There are some other ballet schools that are near to my house like in Equine Park, Seri Kembangan BUT that class doesn't look good and it is still new. Someone inspired me to take up ballet classes and I'm 15. You SHOULD definitely go for it! Edited by alamode

You can also check out Dance Pot at Setapak, KL. Accessible from Mont Kiara or Hartamas especially by using DUKE highway. It's only 30 mins away even during peak jam hours. They have Adult Ballet for beginners every Monday 9pm at the moment.

You can check out their website at http://www.dancepot.my or their facebook at http://www.facebook.com/dancepot for their other classes as well ;)