Sign in to follow this  
nygere

Gurls:Does your bf lift weights?Guys: Do you lift weights?

Lift weights?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Gurls:Does your bf lift weights? Guys: Do you lift weights?

• Yes he does/ Yes I do
    • Nope he does not/ No I dont

That's precisely the reason why you should lift weights - because your bones and muscles are weak and when you get old things will be really really ugly: your arms go flabby, your muscles can't hold your bone structure up and you develop a hunchback, your bones will degenerate and go brittle, they'll break easily, you fall and fracture yourself, etc etc. I'm sure you don't want that to happen do you?

There are weights of different weights (hehe) - you don't have to carry 10kg at one go. You can carry 0.5 kg and still gain the benefits of weight training.

Its a matter or want or don't want. If you don't want to then don't. No need to make excuses - its your body. :)

i personally find women who do DO cardio & weights, when done right, really sexy & all toned up.. i tink it'd b rather freaky to find gigantic muscles in my woman :P lolz..

anyway.. my side : i USED to do weights, but then i din really wnt the BULK look like arnie, so i did it more for d advantage of sports.. there are three kinds of workouts.

1) POWER

2) ENDURANCE

3) BULK

4) TONE

i used 2 do 1-4 ;) girls should do 4) ;)

anywayz.. then i stopped, cos i cudn't be stuffed.. but suprisingly, i kept the shape.. ( Well MOST of it anyway) but i do know that guys ?

u can take protein ( whey powder).. but note .. please look for those with little or NO fat content.. most CHEAP whey powder have loads of fat in it..

as for me , cos i'm a vegan, i take protein supps as my protein source (besides milk) but for gym junkies, they can take protein powder, or egg white, or fish , or breast meat ( NOT THAT KINDA BREAST :P )

mayb i shud start a gym routine topic here n share wat i know (or tried out) :)

but peeps ? theres no better exercise than sex *wink ;P

happy workouts ;)

well, i wonder how can i increase my weight,

i'm male, even i think ii have good body shape, but i'm still fall under the 'skinny' categories,

i dont think girls find my body 'secure' enough so until now i couldnt get any dates...

Yup I've been weight training on and off practically all my life, and consistently for the past 4 yrs. I supplement my weight training with cardio & isometric exercises. I also train and occasionally teach Martial Arts (Muay Thai/Western Boxing/Jujitsu) and I also play competitive sport twice a week (Div 1 Men's Open M.E.B.A basketball & Div 2 Men's Open A.S soccer). My goal isn't to be a pure body builder (which would impede overall athletic ability), but to acquire functional core strength as it is much more useful. :)

well, i wonder how can i increase my weight,

i'm male, even i think ii have good body shape, but i'm still fall under the 'skinny' categories,

i dont think girls find my body 'secure' enough so until now i couldnt get any dates...

What are your physical dimensions if you don't mind me asking? If you want to increase your weight you'll have to start on a weight training program + follow a set diet. To bulk up you should incorporate a routine consisting of lifting heavy weights with low reps (generally around 80 - 90% of your maximum repetition for any exercise). Make sure you consume measured amounts of protein prior to and post workout (aprox 30g is all the body can absorb usefully in one sitting). You can also try consuming weight-gainer powder on top of increasing your intake of protein rich foods in your overall diet (beef steak, steamed chicken breast etc, tuna etc).

Weight training and improving your body will in turn increase your confidence (one of the main elements in acquiring dates), but it isn't the quick fix solution you're looking for if you're lacking in other areas. Remember to keep yourself well groomed, look presentable and be well versed in general knowledge so that you're an adequate conversationalist. A good sense of humour is always a winner with the ladies, so keep that in mind. Anyway hope this helped. :)

QUOTE (bata @ Sep 12 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
count me in, started because i was skinny and loved it so far smile.gif

Chow

Awesome! What gains have you made (in mass) since you started? smile.gif

QUOTE (NeO SaMuRaI @ Sep 18 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! What gains have you made (in mass) since you started? smile.gif

around 12kg lean mass, i didnt measure myself nowadays, i love the concept of mirror better...lol

Chow

QUOTE (bata @ Oct 5 2009, 03:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
around 12kg lean mass, i didnt measure myself nowadays, i love the concept of mirror better...lol

Chow

Haha fair enough, but the mirror tends to reflect how you see yourself don't you think? (I hope that made sense lol) I think keeping track of your weight + body fat % is more telling. Just my humble opinion. smile.gif

As for me I'm not really working out for aesthetic purposes, or at least that isn't my main focus. I won't lie, looking fit and toned is nice and I do enjoy that aspect...but my prerogative is on functional strength. I compete in a lot of sport as well as various martial arts, so that is definitely more useful to me than just gaining muscle mass alone. Nothing wrong with the latter of course, I have a cousin who is a body builder, along with many friends who lift weights with that particular goal in mind.