Sign in to follow this  
Alzier

Books you are looking forward to read.

hai.i'm really looking forward to read 'a thousand splendid suns' by khaled houssini.i hear it's great.

On an unrelated topic,come visit my online book rental.

www.brownbench.com

i've just launched it.so there's some promotion.tell me what u think bout it k.

Has anyone heard of Trudi Canavan?? She's a really awesome writer. Waiting for the prequal to her trilogy called "The Black Magicians Trilogy"

harry potter, and anything by wei hui. wei hui is a seriously good writer i tell ya, he books are eroctic and sexy without being vulgar. i loved shanghai baby.

there are many good books out there and of course, we all have different opinions and genres to choose from ;) this applies even to music..

that being said, before i stray from the topic, i tink that wei hui is ok.. there is another book that you should read lingamania: called spider boys.. ;) quite local, since the author's either from mysia or sg..

nevertheless, i really enjoy reading ... and of all the books so far, i tink that paulo coelho (http://www.paulocoelho.com/engl/) where the books he writes are inspiring and really have deep meaning. --> lookin forward to his new release..

happy reading ;)

Escape, by Carolyn Jessop & Laura Palmer

I chanced upon this from magazine and it attracted me right away. It's another story that uncovered the power of a religious group that control the whole community. The group is known as Fundamentalist Lattery Day Saints (FLDS) and one of the most exploited belief was polygamy, full control of everyone's behavior and even meals. This is a true account of Carolyn's life who grew up and become one of the many polygamists, finally escape from such estranged situation with her children. I can't describe much until I have the first peek of it soon...can't wait....

Saffron, you should start reading it. trust me, you won't drop it until you finish reading it. Did you catch the movie? It was released in Singapore but not sure about Msia.

I am looking forward to From emperor to citizen: The autobiography of Aisin-Gioro Puyi. Writer: Puyi himself!

Recently finished Empress Orchid and The last empress. I would prefer Empress Orchid better.

Usually I prefer thriller and asian historical story. I.e. Geisha, Grotesque, and others...

Anyone into this genre? Let me know if there is any other good ones... :)

Just finsihed reading James Herriot's Dog Stories.

Lovely book. Its a memoirs about his life as a country vet and his encounter with man's best friend. This book is a good read for all dog lovers :) oh yah, all in all there is 50 short stories in this book. Some that makes me cry.

DreaM,

I'm into asian historical story or memoirs of real life story. I'm reading a story about 911 right now though as this is one I just picked up from some warehouse sale ages ago. There is another book which I'm waiting to read : Life and Death in Shanghai by Nien Cheng.

Any Raymond Feist fans out there? he just came out with a book in March (i waited so long 4 that book)!!! Wrath of a Mad God.

Also loveeeee terry pratchett. his characters are ALl So Cute or Cool or Funny or SOmething. Love them all!

i just ordered for myself the new Eragon Book called Brisingr. Out on the 20th September hope its a good book.

Other then that i am currently reading more on Warhammer 40,000 series.

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer!!! August 4.

Can't wait for it to come out. I'd definitely recommend the Twilight series. May seem like just a love story but something about it seems to suck people into it. Including a lot of my guy frieds.

I'm currently reading Watermelon by Marian Keyes. I love her books so much. Something like Sophie Kinsella - funny book.

Also have read other Marian Keyes eg : Sushi for Beginners, Last Chance Saloon, Rachel Holidays, Anybody out there.

Looking forward to get "Angels"

Haha.Read Angels already. Wanna sell my copy though.

I want to read the rest of the Gossip Girl books. Looking forward to Judith McNaught's upcoming one too. Love her!! So talented.

Currently reading kane and able - jeffrey archers. So far so good.

Looking to buy more jeffrey archers book and dan browns..

I've already read it once but I'm reading it again now:

Pride and Prejudice.

Would also like to read Sense and Sensibility, Emma and A Short History of Nearly Everything.

Currently reading-Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Books lining up at the bedside table-cat & Mouse by James Patterson, Fashion Babylon by Edwards Imgoen, also Eclipse and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Any James Patterson fans?

Well, I'm not really a fan of James Patterson but there are two books of his that I love!! Sam's letters to Jennifer and Suzanne's diary to Nicholas. Quite different from his usual books. How do you find Twilight so far?? I'm going to start on Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer(4th book in the Twilight Saga) as soon as it's out in hardcover.

wahh i've really heard alot about the Twilight series! just saw the movie trailer a couple days ago and wondered how it'd fare compared to the book. i can't seem to find it though :( besides that, i wonder if there's going to be another Shopaholic book after Shopaholic & Baby! i really want to read PS I Love You too.

Am reading 15 Laws of Managing Money and Creating Wealth now. Have not decided what to read next because there's tonnes of books waiting on my shelf :P Will update you guys soon.

I hope i get one of these new-age books from "Kryon" the author is Lee Carrol. Every year i wait for the next book.

The other book is from Elizabeth Hicks about the channel "Abraham", very fascinating ideas!

They were linked before with the book/DVD "The Secret" about wishing things from the universe and then you get them.