Sign in to follow this  
Peachgal

Cancer causing cream

the title of the topic is rather scaryy...

Actually there are many brand in the market are ban.. Butzz.. dun knw why d goverment still let them sale it.... Otherwise u all can check it at Popular Book Shop.. there hav sale some book da show u which product are not good for us !!!!

U'll suprise when u found da some product which is good or brand are not good for us.. lookaround.gif

what book is that? title??

actually we must take effort the research on the ingredients/contents used in the products we use... huh.gif right?

U can actually find this small booklet in some book store like Popular. And it's by

Consumer Association of Penang (CAP). There are variety of topics that can make u scared..and all causes health problem unsure.gif

guys and girl,

for your info, chemical guidelines can be found in

http://www.i-green.com.my/elearn/harm_chem_guide.html

its good to be smart consumers.

cheers

hey girls i found this on the website above....

Triclosan

Popularly known as Agent Orange, Triclosan is a derivative of systemic pesticide/herbicides that is commonly used as anti bacterial agent in the production of personal care products. While the companies that manufacture products containing this chemical claim that it is safe, the United States Environment Protection Agency (EPA) has registered it as a pesticide. Long term exposure to repeated use of many pesticide products can damage liver, kidneys, heart and lungs, suppress the immune system, and cause hormonal disruption, paralysis, sterility and brain haemorrhages. Despite its harshness, Tricloson is commonly used as anti bacterial ingredient in the production of personal care products.

The clinique soap that i am using contain Triclosan as well.... Even some dermatologist prescribed facial wash contain it. Haha like someone from the above thread said... are we gonna use only water biggrin.gif.

Saccharin

An artificial sweetener, Saccharin is a synthetic compound derived from coal tar. It has been proven to cause bladder cancer in animal studies. Saccharin can also promote cancer-causing effects of other carcinogens.

====>Some food product contain this

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES)

Used as detergents and surfactants, these closely related compounds are found in car wash soaps, garage floor cleaners and engine degreasers - yet they are even more widely used as major ingredients in cosmetics, toothpaste, hair conditioner and about 90% of all shower gels, shampoos and products that foam. Potentially, SLS is perhaps the most harmful ingredient in personal-care products. One study indicates that SLS is systemic, and can penetrate and remain in the eye, brain, heart, liver etc., with potential harmful long-term effects.

====> And our shampooo contain SLS

Sometimes i think they were blown out of proportion, if you really read every bottle of product you have you will cringe in fear tongue.gif. Now you could really see why more people are dying from cancer compared to like 50 years ago? lol

All babes like to be pretty but unfortunately most of the cosmetics and skin care products conatin hazardous ingredients. Why still use since they are harmful? A simple answer : Because they are the one that works!

One thing to look out for is titanium dioxide. This is an indgredient in almost all face powder, foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, blusher... the list goes on. If you look at your cosmetics, I am sure you will find this compound. TiO2 is white in color and it is actually the same pigment use for house paints.