Sign in to follow this  
~*jOy3e*~

LV Louis Vuitton Bags

i see, it's ok then. my personal shopper is able to get it direct from Europe at a cheaper price for me. Thanks...

It depends on the bag.

For example: I just helped a buyer of a speedy monogram 30 to save rm350 on it. The price in malaysia is rm2400 if i'm not mistaken. and I got her the bag for 2050 including shipping cost and delivery to her doorstep. It'd be slightly cheaper if you opt to come and see me in person to get the bag, so there's no delivery cost.

For more expensve bags you'll save more, sometimes up to rm1000.

1) The real ones are lighter in weight. Replicas are Heavier.

2) The real ones have strong chemical/leather smell. Replicas usually dont.

3) There are no stickers on the box for the real ones, its a dead giveaway if you see a sticker on the box or gum stains of a sticker.

4) If it sells for RM2xx to 5xx, then its a replica.

5) Ask for boutique sells slip and/or creditcard receipt.

6) I am about to say look for "date code" but even if you found it, it still doesn't proof its genuine. However if it doesnt have date codes , then its a replica( at least for the popular , recent models). And there are no model nombers on the bags itself. If you found MXXXXX on the bag , you bought a replica.

7) Make sure LV actually makes the model in the material that you are interested in from their web site.

8) Visit the boutique, see the pieces or similar ones in the shop. Replicas usually have less polished craftmenship because their cost/quality is lower.

Hi ,

I am new and tend to get myself a used (used twice only)LV bag online. Since is my first LV bag so need your help and advice in getting the genuine bag.

Recently get an offer to sell hers LV damier saleya, she send me few pictures of the bag, there r 2 small tags show the model of the bag(N51183). There is a receipt but I couldn't see it clearly.

My question is there any way to prove this bag is genuine?

thanks! Need help

The only way to be certain you are not getting a fake is to buy the bag in the boutique.

1. This bag if bought in Malaysia, is around RM3200 to 3500 . How much cheaper did the seller offer you compared to this price ? If she buys from London then its appox RM2700 .How much did she offer you? Anything from RM 1200 to 2000, you are getting a fake my friend.

2. You know that from the model number that you are getting a Saleya PM in Damier Brown, cause thats what N51183 is. With red lining ,yes? Absolutely No Model number on the bag itself. Otherwise its fake.If you were shown a picture of a white Damier (azur) bag then its wrong.

3. If you are shown blurr pictures , I think you are being scammed. Anywho, you said she show you the two tags. Compare to the picture attached. Does it look more like the upper one or the lower one?

TAG.jpg

Upper is the REAL tag from my recent purchase , bold lining on the "Louis Vuitton" Border. The lower one is from China Replica. You compare .

If any one of these fails , you are getting a Replica.

We will leave the date code out for now.

Edited by kahyeec

There should not be any model num on the bag itself.There might be a date code. However, the presence or absence of date code does not indicate whether it is genuine or a replica. Each year, LV will change the 'location' of the date code. So if you get the same model this year and the year before, you will find that the date code is at different place.

Certain LV bags such as the canvas damier does not come with authenticity tag and care booklet. So if you are offered these by the seller, then it is a fake.

Edited by fluene

dear kayyeec & fluene,

Thanks a lot for the kind informations. :rolleyes:

The bag that offered to me is replica coz the tag that they showed to me is the 2nd tag ( from your pictures).

Thanks!

does anyone know how much the damier ebene speedy 25/30 is today. i don wanna be shocked when i enter the starhill store. hehe. and the damier ebene papillon. btw, is there such a thing as the damier azure papillon? sorry ppl for sounding so newbie, but this is the first time i'm gonna buy an LV bag.

does anyone know how much the damier ebene speedy 25/30 is today. i don wanna be shocked when i enter the starhill store. hehe. and the damier ebene papillon. btw, is there such a thing as the damier azure papillon? sorry ppl for sounding so newbie, but this is the first time i'm gonna buy an LV bag.

I will make a ballpark appoximation for prices in KL, I hate to be surprised in the boutique also - such as Credit Card limit not enough.

Damier Speedy 25 = RM 2320

Damier Speedy 30 = RM 2380

Damier Papillon 30 = RM 3350

Damier Papillon 26 = RM 2380

No Azur for Papillon Im afraid.

I will make a ballpark appoximation for prices in KL, I hate to be surprised in the boutique also - such as Credit Card limit not enough.

Damier Speedy 25 = RM 2320

Damier Speedy 30 = RM 2380

Damier Papillon 30 = RM 3350

Damier Papillon 26 = RM 2380

No Azur for Papillon Im afraid.

just paid a visit to LV starhill last weekend, and they have all prices display in front of each bag

if i'm not mistaken, i saw

speedy 25- RM2550

speedy 30- RM2650

speedy 35- RM2750

and i remember my fh said, pay another RM200 can get a big one, y buy a small one???!!! :wub:

Hey babes with the weakening of the pound I reckon UK is now a cheaper place to get a LV bag? Like you can get the neverfull GM for only RM2k. Less infact.

yups..you could even get speedys(mono,damier,azur,minilin) for less than 1.9k after VAT. am trying to fund for it by june before sis sets off to uk...hopefully i can follow along too *waiting for air asia*

i've been thinking, neverfull or speedy better? don't wanna regret after buying it -.-"""

*whoops...forgot to add that it's the speedy 30s that are costing less than 1.9k after VAT

Edited by andrienne

yups..you could even get speedys(mono,damier,azur,minilin) for less than 1.9k after VAT. am trying to fund for it by june before sis sets off to uk...hopefully i can follow along too *waiting for air asia*

i've been thinking, neverfull or speedy better? don't wanna regret after buying it -.-"""

*whoops...forgot to add that it's the speedy 30s that are costing less than 1.9k after VAT

I personally feel that neverfull would be better as it is more practical for young ladies. However, I bought a speedy 25 damier azur just 2 weeks ago instead of neverfull as I already have a Coach which is of similar size to neverfull. Having said that, I don't regret buying the speedy. I love the speedy but of course I look forward to neverfull too when I have worn out my coach

hi all,

I wanted to sell off my LV neverfull MM Monogram Canvas. Bought on 15 Jan 09. Sell with receipt and LV paper bag as well. Market price is RM2700 and i intend to sell at RM2300. PM me if you are interested.

hi all,

I wanted to sell off my LV neverfull MM ( monogram canvas) bought on 15 Jan 09 with receipt and LV paper bag as well for RM 2300. Market price is RM 2700. PM me if you are interested

hye babes.. im thinking to buy lv bag. but i dont know which one. hehe..

just want to know is murakami neverful still available.

i saw few from ebay... but it is very costly... about 10k...

omg, i'm basically adore LV, i'm so lucky i'm live in USA. So, the number a bit smaller to buy in here than in M'sia or Singapore. I have damier Neverfull in GM and PM and Damier Speedy, but as i'm getting older, i think i need to collect more Monogram to look more classy as i'm dress with my any clothes.

To other ladies want get rid of they LV, take my advise sister, don't sell it, cause LV is classy, u still can carry those LV for the next 15-20 years.

So, keep it in your closet, and pretend it u don't have it, when u have a date with your love one, u can use your LV diner at Hyatt.

I sooo heart the Alma MM vernis in red!! Does anyone know how much it costs? I really have no time to check at the store..thanks.