Sign in to follow this  
Yuji

How to spot a fake designer bag?

I got this off Ebay from the guides on how to spot a fake Dior. Hope this helps. :)

Buying an authentic Dior bag on eBay...

Nearly all of the listed Dior bags on eBay are fake. Here are some guidelines and tips for buying a real Dior bag. I will go into detail for some collections such as the Girly and the Poison bags.

General tips for buying a Dior:

1) ALL Dior bags come with a white cotton dustbag with grey writing. A silk dustbag ALWAYS indicates a fake-a-roo. The dustbag will read: Christian Dior on the first line and Paris on the bottom line.

2) The serial number will be located on the flipside of the inner sewn in label.

3) Watch the prices! You are not going to find a NWT Dior bag with a BIN of $60 or even $100. Most Dior bags retail for over $500. Dior does not wholesale to the public, just stores with a retail license. Ask yourself how on earth the seller can afford to sell several new $600 bags for $125? He can't! Now, keep in mind that you can find a used Dior bag from a past collection for a good price. Just ask questions and know your seller! This is most definitely true for new collections. Those bags are waitlisted and he can't sell them for $125. No way, no how.

4) Dior bags sold out of Asia and Turkey are fake.

5) Dior bags are perfect. There are no "seconds" or irregulars. Imperfect bags are never released to the public.

6) The Dior shoes being sold NIB with a BIN of $39.99, $49.99, and $89.99 are fake.

7) Is your seller using a stock photo? Ask for pictures of the actual bag he will be sending you. Stock photos are almost always a sign of a fake.

8) Don't assume that just because a seller has reached Powerseller status that their merchandise is authentic. I have seen lots of PS who sell hundreds of fake Dior bags.

9) There will not be a little white sticker on the price tag. Oh, in regards to the price tag: Make sure that the name of the bag on the price tag matches the bag you are buying.

For the Girly Boston Bag:

The real one:

1)Comes with a rhinestone lock ONLY!!! NO KEY!!!

2)The zipper is in the shape of a leaf

3)The shape of the zipper pulls are short square white leather

4)The dust cover is cotton with dark grey writing

5)The hangtag has barcode and style #

6)The flowers are white and thick

7)The handle is not covered with clear plastic

8)It has 4 metal supportive feet on the bottom

9)The rhinestones are shiny and perfect

10)The color is a light pink (Rose chair)

11) Interior is made of pink satin with an inner zipper pocket. No logos!!!

12)The actual size of the Boston bag is always 28cm x 15cm x 12cm (or 11" x 6" x 5" in inches)

13) White Leather sewn in label. NOT GLUED!

14) Date Stamp on the flipside of the label

15) The bag has THREE flowers and ONE butterfly. One flower is directly above the “1” to the right. The other two are between the two “Dior strips” close to the right hand strip. One is directly beside the right hand strip and the other is below it to the left (bottom center). The butterfly is located at the top left corner of the bag.

ON THE FLIPSIDE:How to spot a fake:

1)Has a lock and key as opposed to just the lock

2)The dust covers are silk or satin. I don’t care how good the bag looks, how high the price is, or how adamant the seller is about the authenticity of the bag. If the bag comes with a SILK OR SATIN DUSTBAG, IT IS FAKE!!! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

3)The flowers are ivory colored and thin

4)The hangtag has a sticker on it

5) The #1 is closer to the center

6)The bag is bigger or smaller than 28cm x 15cm x 12cm

7)The bag is more of a dark pink than a light pink

8)The rhinestones are cloudy and dull

9) The interior is gold, white or any other color or material than pink. The interior of the Girly Boston Bag does not have logos!!!

10) The bag has no butterfly or the flowers aren’t placed correctly.

11) On the real bag, DIOR is spelled out twice on the “Dior Strips” one near the top but is not even slightly covered by the handle. The other below it.

the easiest thing is...buy it from Dio shop. Never ever trust Ebay on buying branded goods..it's bullshit..

good luck girls!!

any 1 know how to differentiate real bag from fake ones?

like LV , GUCCI , burberry lots more,,

there is like 1 A , 2 A , 3 A greds for fake 1 isit?

seem out there lots of ppl carrying,,

but some is very obvious is fake 1,,

like i saw GUCCI suppose the logo is double G rite, but i saw 1 is double 9

hha..

must got sample to show u, if not, really hard to saying in words...

I'll try to look that up as I don't fancy either brands but I know a lil bout Marc Jacobs and Chanel, only because I'm obsessed with it. :P

search fr the net .. this is the website how to spot a fake gucci

http://reviews.ebay.com/GUCCI-FAKE-FAKES-B...000000002198594

this is for louis vuitton ... they r 4 parts of toking about it .. so this is the website for it's part 4 ... :)

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-SPOT-Fake-L...000000000022194

hope this helps!!!! :wink3:

Edited by fred

i boycott gucci already :(

got my original gucci wallet in italy, after a year, the leather skin portion came off ~@#$@$%#!

search fr the net .. this is the website how to spot a fake gucci

http://reviews.ebay.com/GUCCI-FAKE-FAKES-B...000000002198594

this is for louis vuitton ... they r 4 parts of toking about it .. so this is the website for it's part 4 ... :)

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-SPOT-Fake-L...000000000022194

hope this helps!!!! :wink3:

Thanks for the info~ :clapclap:

i boycott gucci already :(

got my original gucci wallet in italy, after a year, the leather skin portion came off ~@#$@$%#!

I think you should let the staff in Gucci Shop see your bag, they definitely owe you an explanation!

Hi there, i want to buy a burberry bag to my GF and i saw at the some website selling is cheap then Original few hundred ringgit. Can i know issit that items them selling is 100% authentic product ? Issit all Original branded bag also have a serial number inside ?darn worry if i really buy a fake item !!

I am not an expert in telling a fake from a real because I do not buy that many of them. But I can tell if the bag is well made or not, so with that I can usually tell them apart.

One thing I must stress, and this is regarding genuine articles. A lot of the bag makers have started using PVC/fake leather to trim the internal of their bags. I have a document bag (a gift) from Salvadore Ferragamo but I never used it. After putting it away for one year, their lining started to flake! Choose one lined with leather or fabric and never PVC.

singteck

Welcome to authentic BURBERRY purse buying guide brought to you by Quirky-Princess.com. This guide contains information to help you find an authentic Burberry bag or authenticate one you brought on eBay or elsewhere. This pictorial guide is limited to information about the Classic Check and Nova Check line, two of the most popular lines by Burberry. I hope you'll find this guide useful and happy shopping!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Want FREE authentication for Burberry or Prada purses? Check my Me Page. Please don't e-mail me with authenticity questions through "ask seller a question" as they will not be answer. Thanks!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please be aware that there is a dishonest seller on eBay that copied parts of my guide & posted my copyrighted pictures. There is nothing I can about it per ebay but thank you for all your votes. =)

Material

The material used in the Classic Check and Nova Check line is PVC (per Burberry) or commonly known as vinyl-coated canvas. It does looks and feels like leather but it is not leather.

Classic Check

Classic check is tan in color with black vertical and horizontal stripes, red stripes and knight insignia. Burberry classic check products are usually trim with matte smooth brown or smooth glossy red leather.

Nova Check

Nova check consists of a cream color with light yellow undertone with black vertical and horizontal stripes and pink stripes (in older Nova Check there was more red in the pink stripes). Products in Nova Check are trim in matte smooth black leather (older Nova Check bags were trim in polished sort of glossy black leather).

Pattern Alignment

The pattern in both the Nova Check and Classic Check must match as pictured below. The pink/red line and the black stripes must meet on the side and on the bottom like you see in these pictures. Sometimes, you will come across authentic Burberry with pattern that do not match too well but those are fairly rare.

If you have any Burberry bags with separate sides like the bag below, the two sides must be mirror image of each other meaning both sides are identical to one another as pictured below.

Exterior Embossing

Burberry bags and wallets have Burberry embossed on the outside on select models. Please note that the placement of the letters, their size and spacing are all proportionate to each other.

Interior Plaque

All Burberry bags are made in Italy. Interior plaques are either a leather tab with embossed words or a metal plaque that engraved Burberry - London. Behind the leather tab should have Made in Italy and a letter and number sequence. The leather tag in some purses might not have the letter and number sequence behind and that is okay if everything else checked out.

Burberry wallets will have Burberry - London embossed on the left side in either silver or gold. Notice the crisp embossing and clean lines. All wallets are lined smooth, polished leather in red, brown or black.

* Please note that the placement of the letters, their size and spacing are all proportionate to each other.

Lining

Burberry bags are lined in the following types of lining matertial:

Black canvas

Beige pigskin suede

Burberry signature fabric (a thick jacquard type of fabric with BURBERRY woven in glossy thread throughout in beige, black, brown or red).

Some pochette are unlined.

Leather Trim

Burberry used a few different colors leather and types in their bags and wallets, the list is below.

Black matte leather (Nova check)

Black polished leather (Nova check - older line)

Brown matte leather (Classic check)

Red polished leather (Classic check)

Hardware

Hardware used in Burberry bags or wallets comes in two colors.

Silver-toned

Gold-toned

The bag's hardware will have one of those colors and the embossing on the inside leather tab must match the color of the bag's hardware. If the bag have silver-toned hardware, the embossing the on the inside leather tab must also be in silver. Hardware on authentic bags have Burberry engraved very cleanly (the embossing on counterfeits looks messy and not clear at all).

Zippers

Burberry products will have the outside metal zippers from one of the brands listed below.

Lampo (without the lightning bolt)

riri

YKK (no engraving on the back, always plastic zippers)

The inside zippers (which are often plastic zippers and brand is YKK) might be a plain zipper and not from the two brands listed above.

Paper Tag & Box

The paper tag and box that came with Burberry products is a very dark blue (almost black) color with Burberry - London in silver printed on it.

Dust Cover

Newer dust bag is tan with black drawstring. Older dust bags is navy blue with Burberry - London printed on the front in light blue with drawstring closure.

Edited by masteranu84