Sign in to follow this  
coral

- - - STPM !!! - - -

Well, I do agree with some of the things you say. To get into local U is very very competitive for chinese. As I said, those popular courses are REALLY difficult to get. Anyway, no matter how tough it is, there are still those who got it, right? It is a matter of hard work, determination and sometimes luck also.

Please do not say that you have wasted 2 years. I'm sure that 2 years taught you lots of stuff. No time is wasted if you have learnt something from it.

Wat u say is right but only part of the student manage to enter and Local U dont give them da choices of course that they wants..In the end either they just get into local U and study da couse that they r not interested in OR just go to private college and start all over again...

Ya in Form 6 i really learn a lot of thing but it;s useless as I have to start all over again in college now..This is wat I think lo(no hard feeling ok) :D

Actually there are 2 Economics course in UM, not sure about other universities. One is independent under Economics faculty. This is the tough one. The other one is Economics under Social Science Faculty. The entry requirement for this is much lenient.

Hmm...not so sure about that then. I applied for the Econs faculty as my first choice but my acceptance letter only says Bachelor of Economics, doesn't state which faculty.

Then r u active in co-curriculum? I'm scared in case i din get good result. hehe..My bro got aal C's n D's for STPM but still accepted in UM. I wonder how he did that. But i think the course he choose is not that popular kua...Once we go to apply US visa n that people ask him what he got. He told her n that women don't believe until he show the proof. hehe

Oh yeah, I suppose you could say I was... but I don't really think that co-co does much though...but maybe that could be it. Anyway, wasn't only me, a few friends got into UM as well with 2As.

And while I find that Form 6 is kinda long... and you do repeat some of the same things in Uni, it'll help you glide through the first 2 years of uni. It was an advantage in my uni coz some of them go through the foundation level dunno anything, so it was easy for me.

Oh btw, it matters a lot what you state as your 1st choice in your application coz if you score an A for Econs and you choose that as 1st choice, they might choose you above someone who scored more As but state there 2nd or 3rd choice

STPM....*sigh*

study till wanna die...

Everything you studied for 2 years all crammed into one final exam....

just for chemistry there's 3 books to study..not to mention thick books...

and that's just chemistry...tak masuk lagi biology and math..huhu..*faints*

Easier in U cos they go by semester and not term... if not another headache...

hihi...i'm also a form 6 student..upper 6 now..

only left 4 months until the real exam..STPM !!! ...gezz i'm gonna faint..

i'm taking maths, bio,chem,PA and MUET...

i'm hoping to take bio/chem-related courses in local U...

but then..those science course always needs 2 or 3As and above one..

but i can hardly even get A- in my sch exams...

wat should i do? any good suggestions for me? like the effective ways to study and so on?

:shakehead::shocking::unsure:

start reading and doing exercise girl....now... this instant... i'm serious....

my friends, those who got really good results starts way earrlier...

hihi...i'm also a form 6 student..upper 6 now..

only left 4 months until the real exam..STPM !!! ...gezz i'm gonna faint..

i'm taking maths, bio,chem,PA and MUET...

i'm hoping to take bio/chem-related courses in local U...

but then..those science course always needs 2 or 3As and above one..

but i can hardly even get A- in my sch exams...

wat should i do? any good suggestions for me? like the effective ways to study and so on?

:shakehead::shocking::unsure:

scary.... :shocking: i m entering form 6 in June2009

start reading and doing exercise girl....now... this instant... i'm serious....

my friends, those who got really good results starts way earrlier...

well. i guess that is the only way....

Well i studied form 6 in yr 2004. I am in studing my degree in UPM rite now..

What i can say sometimes it is like gambling. I have few frens that their results not that good get those course they want. However, they are some doesnt even get. So, really is LUCK...

Of course, if u can score flying colours in ur STPM the chances to get into the course you want is higher.

Do alot of exercises and read the notes again, again and AGAIN.. I am sure you can remember it. I can say STPM is the hardest route. When enter uni, those papers are very easy. Some of the papers just require our basic which equivalent to SPM standard only. hehe

Good luck for all those STPM taker.