Sign in to follow this  
shadowprincess

All About MAC Cosmetics

Question!

Does anyone know which MAC store in KL is free-standing? (aka they have the 15 pan eyeshadow pallete) :P is the one at pavillion free-standing?

The one here in Penang is not free-standing. so they dont hav the empty palletes and the pan eyeshadow :(

but the good news is, i'm going to kl end of this month. so, i'm planning to visit a free-standing store.

The one in sunway pyramid does have the 15 e/s pallate and also blush pallate...the blush pallate cost RM55...not sure bout the 15 pan ones :)

WildBerry:

Thanks for the tips... :)

Are you from Penang as well?

Yup. from penang. :)

BTW, KLCC / MV is a free standing store if I'm not mistaken. :)

Question!

Does anyone know which MAC store in KL is free-standing? (aka they have the 15 pan eyeshadow pallete) :P is the one at pavillion free-standing?

The one here in Penang is not free-standing. so they dont hav the empty palletes and the pan eyeshadow :(

but the good news is, i'm going to kl end of this month. so, i'm planning to visit a free-standing store.

Yes, MAC Pavilion would have the palette (when they're not OOS). I just bought mine last night. So lucky because they had just restocked 9 sets yesterday itself, and 5 were already sold! Talk about fast moving LOL.

I was asking at MAC KLCC the other day and they were OOS, you should be able to get it from there as well. It would be best if you could give them a call before going =)

General question for everyone:

Do you prefere to keep your eyeshadows in the 15-pan palette or the 4-pan palette?

personally, i kindda like the 4-pan palette better. coz they have clear covers and i can see all the colors without open the covers. :P

:) you know you could acctually make ur own pallate...well obviously it's ghetto...u can use old cd case...but lazy me just buy the 15 pan ones...apparently the sunway pyramid outlet forever out of stock on that one...

went to MAC today again and the MA said that cult of cherry will be out on the 23 of august and "miss cherry" will be at the sunway pyramid store on the 29th...

i got a sample from MAC for the first time and in my whole entire 1 1/2 years of MAC life...

do u guys usually get samples?what do u really do?u ask for it?cuz this MA gave me a sample of strobe cream cuz i was unsure about it..

saw promo pics for Cremesheen collections...droolllllsss...i want like half the collection...and i totally need none

and yeah i'd like to know what u guys fav mac lippies from different colour group..

here are mine...

fav pink lippies:angel and kindda sexy

fav nude lippies:cherish..and recently a combo of fleshpot and sugar rimmed dazzleglass

fav red lippies:don't own any red...but lady danger looks hot

fav nuetral lippies: jubilee ( that's all i have from this colour group)

it would be fun to know u guys fav..:) :)

i still dont own any MAC lippies yet. but i'm planning to get some from the Cremesheen collection :) I saw the photos as well...cant wait.

hmm...i've never got any samples from MAC. never occur to me to ask from them anyways. mayb i'll try the next time i'm there. :)

Nur:

what did u get from MAC? :P

i still dont own any MAC lippies yet. but i'm planning to get some from the Cremesheen collection :) I saw the photos as well...cant wait.

hmm...i've never got any samples from MAC. never occur to me to ask from them anyways. mayb i'll try the next time i'm there. :)

Nur:

what did u get from MAC? :P

u should get some MAC lipsticks its the best...better then dior or lancome..seriously

oh i got nuance,daintyand gentle..and from electroflash i got fresh green mix (i know i wasn't suppose to buy any but it was calling my name) and i got fast thrills (too pretty..seriously) and i only got dream maker and mink and sable from starflash..i so want lotusland but i'm on mac ban now...till cremesheen

do tell me what u got :)

Nur:

which MAC lippie do u recommend? as my first MAC lippie :) i dont fancy anything too red. just something that i can wear everyday...

i saw fresh green mix's swatches online and i was so tempted to get it. but MAC penang still havnt got the collections yet. talk about lagging...

so, i'm still waiting, and waiting, and waiting to get my starflash stuff. think i'll skip electroflash just to get starflash. :P i want everything from starflash... (MUST.CONTROL.MYSELF) :P haha...

i current have 2 estee lippies (they're xmas pressies from my aunt). dont really like them...think they go on really sheer and the color pay off is not that good.

heya caramel geek..well MAC lipstick comes in different finishes..1)matte...it's matte but not at all drying 2)satin..it goes on very smoothly,not glossy but moisty..it's my fav finish 3)glaze..very sheer but has somewhat metallic effect 4)frost..pigmented with metallic effect 5)amplified cream...this feels like butter on ur lips...very pigmented,very smooth..but beware it may bleed off ur lip line and last 6)lustre...it has medium pigmentation and very glossy

i would say if u like the natural look with medium pigmentation u should get Angel..its nice soft pink colour..with lil metallic finish or if u want a lil more pigmented u should get kindda sexy..it's pink too but more rosy..

Hope that help :)

wow, nur it seems that u really know a lot about mac lipstick,

so far i only own viva glam V and fafi utterly frivolous . I like both a lot but since im not lipstick kinda of gal so two is enough to last me a while....

and about samples, that day the salesgirl offered me the sample for VAE ...she was really nice, i just told her that i wanna buy it actually, but then she asked whether have i tried it before then i said no, cos well i was just reading about the raves online so decided to get it straight....but nevertheless i bought the full size one and they gave me a sample size of the VAE also....so ya, that's the first free sample i got from them :)

wow, nur it seems that u really know a lot about mac lipstick,

so far i only own viva glam V and fafi utterly frivolous . I like both a lot but since im not lipstick kinda of gal so two is enough to last me a while....

and about samples, that day the salesgirl offered me the sample for VAE ...she was really nice, i just told her that i wanna buy it actually, but then she asked whether have i tried it before then i said no, cos well i was just reading about the raves online so decided to get it straight....but nevertheless i bought the full size one and they gave me a sample size of the VAE also....so ya, that's the first free sample i got from them :)

heya liv...umm yeah i love my mac lipsticks..i like lippies and blushes more then eyeshadow..i can't pull off bright colour on my lids...i'll look like someone punch me in the eye...i'm more of all that glitters and mythology user :)

lucky u got sample on the volcanis ash ...i was dying to get my hand on some but i was super broke when it came out..hehe..how awesome is it?worth to buy it more then retailing price on ebay?u felt any diff after using it?

just came back from MAC penang. and they have the collections already! wohoo! :P

came home with MAC #182 kabuki, Dainty and 5 eyeshadows from starflash :P hehe... yup...i'm out of control. and officially on MAC ban... :)

but i have to say...the starflash eyeshadows are awesome! omg...they are so smooth and so pigmented.

Nur,

u should go take a look at Go and Smoke & diamonds. i'm sure u'll love it...and it totally wont make u look like u just same out from a fight... :P

oh ya, and thanks for the lippie advice. i'll wait for cremesheen and see if i like anything from there too. and probably B2M for them. :)

i think it's very worth for the scrub for such a big tub and u can use it for very very long....actually i got so crazy that i bought two tubs.....i think i wont ever finish the big tub in a year or two even...cos every time i only use a little and it's pretty amazing, i cant say it's so much better than other scrubs but then i have only used it twice....it smells really really nice and it does what a normal scrub do :)

Edited by skye

heya caramel geek...yup i saw go and smoke diamonds those are awesome..but i have tempting which look a lot like go and smoke and diamonds...as pretty as the colour is...i'm still clueless as to what i can match it with..

and yup definately wait for cremesheen...i think the collections has loadz of pretty colours..and oh my godddddddddd don't u just love the #182?it's heavenly..oh well for the price we pay it should be heavenly :)

heya liv..u bought 2?no wonder its out of stock now :)..so basically it does what a normal scrub does?so i should just stick to my modern friction from origin then..thaks for the info..

how much does the 182 cost? sorry had to ask about the price all the time as im from east malaysia and dont have MAC here, how pathetic rite?

If u ask me to compare between the two, i would say i prefer the mac scrub, as the modern friction doesnt smell nice plus i dont quite like the texture and to me, it did not do anything much for me also :) but like i said it's just personal preference :) actually i think those ppl in US bought like 5 tubs or they wished they purchase more but for them it's so worth it, 19 usd only for a tub and it's such a big tub

but the #182 its amazing...u can use it for powder,liquid foundation and even cream foundation....its like u buying powder brush,foundation brush,sponge and even blush brush in one...its like 4 in 1 :)...and if u use mineral make up this is definately a must if u want non cakey look

im using mineral make up, well more to like i bought mineral make up but have yet to really use it on a everyday basis....right now im happy with 194 for my LF and 187 for my blush/MSF :) but either way, the brush sounds amazing

im not sure bout this but why do saw only 2 lipsticks for the electroflash in midvalley?dont tell me its OOS??!anyone bought any of the lipgloss/lipsticks from that collection?mind to do swatch? among all brushes, which one do you recommend the best for blending of cream, powder and pigments e/s?last but not least, how much is the mentioned brush and the 187?I forgot to ask at the store..TIA! =P

Edited by misz_addy

im not sure bout this but why do saw only 2 lipsticks for the electroflash in midvalley?dont tell me its OOS??!anyone bought any of the lipgloss/lipsticks from that collection?mind to do swatch? among all brushes, which one do you recommend the best for blending of cream, powder and pigments e/s?last but not least, how much is the mentioned brush and the 187?I forgot to ask at the store..TIA! =P

heya...well the kabuki brush aka #182 and #187 both have the same price tag of RM180..about the brush u asking is it for eye?if so the the #239 would do all that u want it to..as for face u could go for #192..it's good for cream blush and also good to apply pigments as highlight..and about electroflash lipsticks if u have to get at least one that u should get fast thrills...cuz it look superr good it u wear red outfit...usually if u wear red outfit and pair it up with a pink lipstick it would look so wash out but not the case with fast thrills...vanity's child are just like regular nudish lipstick, mellow mood is pretty nuetral pink..very dupable..and the other one i dunno...must be dark colour..hehe

and those who are wondering how much the 15 pans eyeshadow pallate cost it's retailing for RM55...i was b2m-ing today and i decided to ask bout the pallate and apparently the sunway pyramid outlet has 4 of it...i grab 2 just to stock up...so if u want the pallate rush to sunway pyramid....enough info now...i sound like a comercial :)