Sign in to follow this  
bronze_chiqz

What shampoo u guyz use for dandruff cure?

i've a dandruff problem all of a sudden..i tink aftr i siwtched into Sunsilk Pink one.i started getting it but didnt really notice..now how can i cure it?tired using head & shoulders but didnt work..any suggestion?

last time, my bf suffers from itching scalp, where he scratches till it bled and there are flakes on every part of his head, then his hairstylist told him not to use hair gels or whatsoever and use both Selsun Blue and Nizoral on alternate days, meaning, Mon use Selsun then Tues use Nizoral and so on... But when using this, should not use with any ordinary shampoo... and if you have time, try massaging the Selsun Blue onto ur scalp or infected areas... after using this diligently, now he's dandruff free... Both of the products are available at pharmacies, but the Nizoral, if I'm not mistaken, you must get from the pharmacist... good luck in trying...

Dandruff has been plaguing me since teenage...here's the findings for shampoo:

Rejoice - OK, but in time doesn't work

Selsun Blue - hate the smell, drying on hair

Head and Shoulders - Does nothing for me, scalp get even itchier

Neutrogena T/gel - smells horrid as contained Tar.. but works quite well

Sebamed - no obvious improvement

What really worked for me was shwarzkopf's serum - it's bottle is blue color, contains ginger extract as main ingredient. Got it from one of the salon supply shop in Sg. Wang for RM40.00 - recommended by the aunty there. Smells not pleasant - like old dad's haircream, but dandruff was gone by 1 week.

pantene for me. smile.gif

Scalp/dandruff shampoo u cannot use everyday, esp brands like Selsun... cz it's a treatment type of shampoo not for everyday usage.. therefore it will be drying on yr hair...

for those who get dandruff due to using hair gel/spray... u can try Neutrogena Anti Residue.. it's pretty effective but $

Dandruff shampoo wash the root of ur hair(slowly massage by fingertip), then rinse off, secondly, use moisture shampoo to wash hair like usual. This can avoid ur hair for being dry as dandruff shampoo makes our hair dry o, hope this help.

head n shoulder really work for me....smile.gif