Sign in to follow this  
Shazzac

New Zealand

Anyone want to join moi? Am planning for May or August 2006. oh btw, budget depends on how many ppl going.

If i got alone, it'll be about RM3k (air tix + accomodation) and will skip rotorua. the rest will probably go for another RM1k.... coz not planning to shop but to look see look see.

Anyone want to join moi? Am planning for May or August 2006. oh btw, budget depends on how many ppl going.

If i got alone, it'll be about RM3k (air tix + accomodation) and will skip rotorua. the rest will probably go for another RM1k.... coz not planning to shop but to look see look see.

r u joining tour or go alone? because usually i go without tour because can c more.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I'm going alone aka backpacking without the backpacks la, if you know what i mean. I don't like tours coz i will be having limited time to do what I want. TOurs only bring you to touristy places, so a bit boring and tiring, wake up at 8.30am then do whatever they plan bla bla. I think i'm able to find someone that can take me and possible a friend (if anyone wants to join) and show us around. Hopefully. Tours cost EXPENSIVE and the hotels they put you up with are rubbish.

I found this serviced apartment that caters for 2 which goes at NZD99 per room per night. And it's 4*! I love searching for this kinda stuff. LOL

Plus tours consist of lots of old ppl! No offense to any uncles or aunties ah!

I'm going alone aka backpacking without the backpacks la, if you know what i mean. I don't like tours coz i will be having limited time to do what I want. TOurs only bring you to touristy places, so a bit boring and tiring, wake up at 8.30am then do whatever they plan bla bla. I think i'm able to find someone that can take me and possible a friend (if anyone wants to join) and show us around. Hopefully. Tours cost EXPENSIVE and the hotels they put you up with are rubbish.

I found this serviced apartment that caters for 2 which goes at NZD99 per room per night. And it's 4*! I love searching for this kinda stuff. LOL

Plus tours consist of lots of old ppl! No offense to any uncles or aunties ah!

just wondering if i 1 to join when exactly the date i want to know.

I plan for May 6,06 - May13, 06. (or May 14,06)

May 6 : KL to Auckland (unfornately MAS only fly to Auckland at the mo)

- Spend about 3 days/2 nights in Auck.

May 8 : Take the night bus down to wellington (i checked, promo price NZD10, usual more than 100 i think).

- Spend also about 3 days/2 nights in Wellington

May 11: Take a bus (haven't find any special price yet) to Rotorua

- Stay there for 2 days/1 night or so - depending on our time frame

May 13: take bus back to auck. (also haven't been able to track on any specials yet)

- stay there till i fly back to KL.

Yesterday i found out that MY BOSS wants to have a company trip in MAY. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i may push forward to Spring (i guess around Sep 06). Darn! But then again, i'd still have to buy the ticket in Feb... CHEAP CHEAP Price.aiyo..... plan in advance usually have their cons.... oh well!

so, r u successful with ur trip to NZ? I'm oso planning, but not the rite time yet :P . budget too high for me hehehe...mayb u can post some photo to let us c :lol:

Edited by vunnee

NZ is definitely a super nice country to visit! the fresh air, clear sky... really :thumbup1:

I've been there for 3 weeks during Dec 2005. To attend my bf's convo and for vacation. It was my 1st time to go overseas! I was soO touch when the plane nearly touch down on Auckland Airport. Nearly cry out... :tear:

:P

Backpacking without the backpack is most encourage in NZ, can visit more places. But then the driving distance is quite long and exhausting, better prepare for that.

Edited by syruby

If we go without joining any tours, would it be difficult to find those tourism places? Would it be a hassle to look for accommodation (not knowing when will you reach the next town), food, finding our way around, etc?

I went to South West Australia last year. Self drive. It was wonderful! As mentioned earlier, there's no time constraint to stay or visit a place. But then I find it a bit difficult to find our way around. Somemore the roads at the rural areas were so quiet! There's no help if you need it. A bit scary there!

NZ is definitely a super nice country to visit! the fresh air, clear sky... really :thumbup1:

I've been there for 3 weeks during Dec 2005. To attend my bf's convo and for vacation. It was my 1st time to go overseas! I was soO touch when the plane nearly touch down on Auckland Airport. Nearly cry out... :tear::P

Backpacking without the backpack is most encourage in NZ, can visit more places. But then the driving distance is quite long and exhausting, better prepare for that.

so how much u spend in NZ? the ticket to NZ oso very expensive rite now... :(

my frend last time went there with her company trip. whole package around rm7000++ something . north n south island oso hv visited.she been NZ around 2 weeks, all the fees are included. hehe..but scare me when i heard the price :lol:

If we go without joining any tours, would it be difficult to find those tourism places? Would it be a hassle to look for accommodation (not knowing when will you reach the next town), food, finding our way around, etc?

I went to South West Australia last year. Self drive. It was wonderful! As mentioned earlier, there's no time constraint to stay or visit a place. But then I find it a bit difficult to find our way around. Somemore the roads at the rural areas were so quiet! There's no help if you need it. A bit scary there!

no no no... u don't need to worry about these at all. NZ encourage backpacking and that's why it has a I-Centre in every city/town and even on the way to every city/town. u can get tons of information there. u can either get the brouchers or ask at the I-counter. they are very helpful. if u wanted to stay at a better accomodation, backpackers are the best! reasonable price but comfortable and clean! and remember, whenever u wanna choose any accomodation or restaurants or etc etc, remember to look for the ones with the QUALMARK. For more info of what this QUALMARK is, visit here

if you want more info on travel in NZ, visit this link

actually it's very convenient to search for travel info of NZ online, they have variety of websites and each cities have their very own websites.

Auckland

Rotorua

Lake Taupo

Wellington

Blenheim

Christchurch

Coromandel

These are some of the cities I have visited. Just go to Google the name of the city and u will get the url.

Edited by syruby

so how much u spend in NZ? the ticket to NZ oso very expensive rite now... :(

my frend last time went there with her company trip. whole package around rm7000++ something . north n south island oso hv visited.she been NZ around 2 weeks, all the fees are included. hehe..but scare me when i heard the price :lol:

Well, it was during Summer when I went there and it's the peak season of NZ. That's why the air-tickets will be more expensive. I took MAS and it's the cheapest after I compared with Air NZ, SIA and Quantas, still cost me RM3500+. NZ is a low demand country, unlike UK or US, so the airline which provide flights to there is very little. That's why the air-tickets is relatively more expensive. Now is during the Winter which is also the low peak season. I think will be cheaper gua...

And now the exchange rate is very low too, bout 2.2 I think. Very very cheap lo~~ Last year when I go, it was between 2.6 and 2.8! So heart-ache. :tear:

I just brought about NZ$500 there to spend. Actually it's totally not enough at all for the 3 weeks over there. But then, my bf sponsor my accomodation, food, tickets, transport and etc. The NZ$500 is just as my pocket money over there to buy souvenirs. :D

so good..avthings bf hv prepare for you oledi.. :lol:

which season u more prefer to go NZ?which season will more beautiful as you been there?

any pic to c? :P