Sign in to follow this  
sweet-n-evil

indian boyfriend

I'm a chinese and am dating an indian guy. We work perfectly well and even consider tying the knot.

And here is the problem. He wishes to have a traditional Indian marriage ceremony, which I'm perfectly fine with that BUT, he wants me to wear the thali. In Indian culture, thali is a thread / string knotted around the bride's neck and is a symbol of marriage union, a sacred thread of love and goodwill worn by women as a symbol of their marriage. In short, it is comparable to the wedding ring of the west. According to him, Thali has to be worn 24/7, you cannot take it out until the day you die.

The problem is I'm not a accessory person, I hardly wear any necklace, earrings and etc, so I'm abit reluctant of the idea of wearing the thali 24/7...

What should I do?

since you are already in love with him; and you think he is your mr Right,
why not you try to discuss with him and the family on the issue, try to find a way to work out for both party; nevertheless,
since you already prepared yourself for a traditional indian wedding; so i believe you can overcome this as well.

[quote name='day_dreamer' timestamp='1341332232' post='610001']
indian Bf

are u ready for his family ?????????

sigh

plz think before you drink before you drive
[/quote]

I actually get along very well with his family too. They are quite open minded coz some of his uncles married French, Chinese...

[quote name='alexisbabe' timestamp='1341366515' post='610002']
since you are already in love with him; and you think he is your mr Right,
why not you try to discuss with him and the family on the issue, try to find a way to work out for both party; nevertheless,
since you already prepared yourself for a traditional indian wedding; so i believe you can overcome this as well.
[/quote]

i just dun like the idea of wearing thali 24/7...

nowdays there are thali made gold chain ,you can get a small one,since you already love him,no harm in scarificing,unless you are shame to your friends wearing it.it nothing just symbol of love to your husband and acknowkedge you are married.

Hello there, I am doing a mini research about couples of different beliefs and I need some response from the society. .so I really really need some opinions from you guys.. these are my questions. Hope to get some feed back soon.

Research question
1. to find out what are the perspective / reaction of people from both side of beliefs about the issue. (both from Muslim and Christians' perspective)

questions
a. what is your first reaction of two people with different beliefs in religion being in a relationship?
b. in your opinion, should this issue happen? (if yes, why?. if no, why?)
c. in your opinion, what are the consequences if two people with a different religion being in a relationship? will they be happy? why?
d. do you know any of your friends or family members who are in this situation? -i.how did they resolve their matter? ii. did the relationship success?
e. lastly, do you have any advice to the couples who are currently in this situation?

not same races is not a big issue, i do meet before other races and the indigenous people in sugarbok too as long as character is good and care for you, can proceed

On 8/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, Sammybabe said:

not same races is not a big issue, i do meet before other races and the indigenous people in sugarbok too as long as character is good and care for you, can proceed

is it sugarbook have so many varieties of people...look amazing