Sign in to follow this  
fred

Modeling knowledge base

Hi all, I would like to dedicated a section for modeling related discussion, for example what need to know about modeling, what kind of makeup is suitable for what kind of shooting condition, what kind of clothes to wear etc.

Where to get good photographer like Blurred and digicrox, where to get modeling job, and so on.

Hope that here can be a one stop knowledge base for modeling related stuff.

For Models on the Go ...

If your lipstick breaks off, simply take off the broken portion with a tissue, then slowly wave a lit match (or lighter) under the broken piece of lipstick. When it's melted a bit, put it back on the base, swivel it down and put it in the fridge, uncovered, for 5 minutes.

Keep lipstick color OFF your teeth : After applying lipstick, take your index finger and put it in your mouth, then pull it out. The excess lipstick will come off on your finger rather than your teeth.

did a modelling course back then when i was in sec school..fun fun fun!!! luv it! smile.gif

What did they teach in Modelling Classes?

Mmm but how to get started?

Do u go to the agency or let them come to u?Haha! xD

You need to prepare a profile of yourself, some studio shots, and your modelling experience at hand. Agents can never spot you just like that. If you're keen, let me know.

What did they teach in Modelling Classes?

mostly are walking runway style..and some other variations of it too ie. poses, turns, eye contact etc..n also how to model wif different kind of clothings and accesories in order to enhance them..different musics..rhythms..n photo taking too..i had an instructor from kl..yupyup =)

You need to prepare a profile of yourself, some studio shots, and your modelling experience at hand. Agents can never spot you just like that. If you're keen, let me know.

am keen to try out modelling but just dunno where to start with the studio shots... unsure.gif

if u want to have photograph session, u can contact this guy named Kevin, email : i@kevinhan.net or msn him kevinhan@tm.net.my

He is finding models to photograph n he is doing it for FREE.

this is his website: http://www.kevinhan.net/v2/

u can see a lot of models that he photograph at his website.

am keen to try out modelling but just dunno where to start with the studio shots... unsure.gif

You can start by letting me know how keen you are, in what basis you can do modelling jobs (part time or full time) and how far you wanna go (doing for fun, or modelling is your 'dream job').

by the way, admin will scold me anot? =.=" seems like im advertising unsure.gif

If he's not making money out of shooting models, then your action is very grey. Anyway, are you ONE of his models? rolleyes.gif

The first step is, you need to advertise yourself and what kinda jobs you are willing to take up. If general modelling is what you're keen, then you need a set of nice photos and a modelling profile : Your biodata and some measurements of yourself so your clients can arrange costumes/clothings for you.

You can start by letting me know how keen you are, in what basis you can do modelling jobs (part time or full time) and how far you wanna go (doing for fun, or modelling is your 'dream job').

well...im really interested though cant really rate how keen am i...lol...coz it's not exactly my dream job (ehem..i dream to be a biotechnologist/scientist)....

i supposed, i wanna try it for fun..taking it as a part time job...but rest ensured that i'll be serious in my job (if im getting it...)...hehe..so..care to point me ta right path? *thanks*

btw..wutcha mean by advertising oneself? like..how?

Jenzl...

First you'll need a modelling profile which consist of some professionally taken shots of yourself, your biodata and some measurements of yourself (in case you wanna ask "What measurements?" Well, how do you think they get 34-24-35 from?)

Second, if you are new, you should be well represented by a reputable model agent or an experienced model friend. I guess the second option is easier if you already have friends who are into this line.

Answering your question Strawberrybaby ... if you got no experience, your chance of getting blindly discovered for any modelling job is 50/50. Grooming houses will train you up for a small fee but if you indicate to them that you only wanna model part time, rest assured you'll be chucked aside for awhile until they really need your type of face or talent for a specific job.

ermm....am wonderin' what is the working hours for a full timer....since even for a part time model, she/he will also have to work for long hours (depending on the project) right? (since the hours a model work is not fixed..rite?)

hehe..thanks for ya explanation...

Haha ... well ... there's no fixed working hours for models, girls like MYB Featured Models Endalince, Joyce or Loo Hui can tell you the same thing.

A hair show or fashion show brings you downtown anytime from before noon to past midnight, from shopping centres to dance clubs. Beauty pageants can occupy you 3/4 of the day, MYB Models Agnes or Whit3puppy been thru them before. Photo shoots can go anywhere between 1 hour to the whole day ... Loo Hui is a popular face recently among brochures, TV commercials and stageshows. Roadshows, promos and exhibitions definitely will occupy you the whole day, of course not without a pretty pay, a few hundred PER DAY. Sounds good? Endalince is very experienced in this, she does roadshows, product launches and ushering jobs for LG, Nokia, Denso, Samsung, Brabus, Citroen, Peugeot and BenQ.

Endalince is more on corporate events, Loo Hui is a commercial soughtafter and Agnes is into fashion. Apart from Endalince and Leng Yein who are fulltimers, the rest of the MYB Featured Models are part timers.

Second, if you already have friends who are into this line.

jz too bad, knw one friend but didnt get to hear from her eversince... blink.gif