Sign in to follow this  
vinc

i hate my gf

This is a common mistake..

When two young couples meet up they love being in each others space a lot. However, after awhile they tend to take that space for granted and forget that a true relationship is about respecting each other's personal space.

Metaphorically, if you let a bar of soap to sit on your palm it will stay there but if you start to squeeze it; it will just slip between your fingers.

Reminds me of the lyrics from a song I love...

爱到过了界 那对爱人

同时亦最易变成一对敌人

yes, tats wat terrifies me.. even its matter of life n death i'll just keep calling like 10-20times then i'll try to seek alternative method to reach instead of non-stop calling spree till 120calls

my roommate was bug by this fella out of nowhere.. he called her for almost 60-70 times per night until she answers the call.. really crazy o.O

For a week, I was temporary roommates with a very nice lady whose husband called her 24 hours a day to check on her. He was in another state, but she had to call him whenever she went out of her room - even to eat dinner opposite the road. Even at 4am he would call her just to hear her voice and make her say "I love you".

I once took a peek at at the screen of her phone that had been ringing non-stop while she was in the shower. There were over 40 misscalls from her husband, and it kept ringing and ringing till she returned and answered it. Of course she quarrelled with him right after. She was always quarrelling with him, telling him how ridiculous and unreasonable he was, but well, it's not like he's listening, heh. She was totally at her wit's end, and was considering divorce even though they had been married only for a year.

OMG, it was sooo ANNOYING. Imagine being woken up at 4am by the ringing phone and then hearing your roommate quarrel. At that point in time, I truly wanted to strangle that man. If I'm his wife, I think I will go stark, staring mad.

Anyway, so vinc if you see this thread, how's the situation like now? It's been two years since. Hope things worked out between the two of you.

Try talking to her again, and tell her it annoys u and that you cant stand it. If she cries n stuff, it obviously means that she doesnt really care bout ur feelings, and is only thinking bout her needs and wants.

If u dont talk to her seriously, and if she wont and/or doesnt wanna change her ways and understand you... then whats the point in carrying on such and annoying relationship.?

hmm the sticky type huh...

well I think that its more leaning towards her insecurity for you perhaps. Well of course I might be guessing. I guess voicing out to her about this problem might be the only alternative at present. But personally I feel that 40+ sms is still ok.

Set your ground rules right and let her know.

yeh man, we're quite curious n wondering wats ur latest situation there..

anyway tis is not really doing good to u, how can someone work when the phone is ringing like mad?

Hell no, if u actually cared for the person instead of ur own obsession, u wouldn't do that. That's akin to saying 'I want u to give up ur family, friends, work, and life for me!'... Not something u'd actually do to someone u care about despite how tempting it is to want to hear their voice or see them.

wat i can say....she doesnt trust u. u want her...u need to get her trust. dats about it.

but if u cant do dat...this will go on, u not happy, then leave...she will learn from thr.

i hate my bf too..

from different of story~~..

i think ur gf too secure really well.

and she want you 24-7 by her side.

that's common on girls.

as I did too..

but, not so much likes your gf does.

clingy gf.. i think i WAS like her b4. but neither 30 miscalls nor 40sms ..i would ask him why not calling me or sms me if he didn't do it on the day itself.. i wil check on him.. but not taking away his privacy.. i think girls tend to be insecured is not only because of own self-esteem. most of the time the bf has more responsibilities to convince and calm the gf. sorry to ask so, did u cheat her on something b4? think from another angle, u should feel happy cos she cares much about u, and she scares of losing u, and she worries what happened on u until u couldn't answer her call?

it happened in the past. but my bf ended talking to me.. explaining his working life.. his feeling etc. so now, im quite ok with it. but sometimes would stil rather upset when i wan to hear from him but he's busy with other stuffs. be responsible ..put urself into her shoe.. let her know that u r thinking of her.. stil caring of her the most. and the most important thing is .. LET her know.

I think there is not much you can do to overcome her possesiveness. Either you live with it or you walk.

After my ex relationship, i realise a persons personality is almost impossible to change (unless some big emotional impact happen in her/his life). Even after marriage, you will have the same problem. Possesive people (boy or girls alike) are toxic to your life. They will check why you comeback so late, why you never call, why talk to the female recptionist, why talk to sales girl.... Continuous suspecting. Doesn't matter if you are good looking or not. This because the problem is with her lack of self esteem and confidence. Problem will persisit even if you have face full of pock mark, poor charlie and all. In the end it will destroy your self confedence, self respect and this will seriously affect your life. Already I can see it is affecting you because you wrote that you felt like a prisoner.

Me? I choose to walk and move on. Now I am happy with my new gf who is understanding and have a trust in me. She boosted my self esteem and give me faith that not all man are player. I will live up to her trust.

Good luck to you.

as for me, i think is either you take it or leave it bah.

if u really love someone, you should just let her be whoever she meant to be.

maybe in her shoe, keep calling u and sms u is a way to show her care for u.

and she is happy doing it.. that makes her everyday life filled up with u.

well, of course most ppl will get irritated! and think that by doing that you lost your "own space".

so for this kind of ppl, u should just put this r/s to an end no matter how long u guys been together.

cos 3yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs... is still cant compare with "the rest of your life!"

maybe i really sounds cruel.. but that the fact that u got to accept.

love and r/s is not about how romantic you can be to keep it going..

or how much u be able to bear with him/her.

Is how much u willing to accept the person.

cos when u really accept him/her.. u will nvr start this thread and ask for help.....

so next time when u said u love someone, think twice.