Sign in to follow this  
Peachgal

Public Relation

Public Relation ...

I am still not clear bout this field ... need some help here ... Maybe I know

1. What's the nature of this job?

2. Usually where could I find such job?

3. Do you think it's easy to find a job in this field in Msia?

Thanks

1. eg from SIA:

Public Affairs Executive

You will manage SIA's corporate and brand communications through stakeholder, media and external relationships. You should provide strategic counsel, liaise and assist international markets with public relations and public affairs management, and assist the marketing effort through product and brand communications and community sponsorships In addition, you will monitor and anticipate aviation issues and aeropolitical developments in SIA's major markets, and provide communications expertise and counsel to line areas of the Company.

REQUIREMENTS

You should possess a recognized University Degree, preferably with Honours, with at least 5 years' of relevant working experience. You should be a self-starter with good judgement and anticipation of issues and consequences.

2. MNCs

3. yes

1.the nature of this job varies. not only event management but if u work in high post u'll be some sort of consultants for ur company.

2. every big company or should i say every company actually need public relation department. just tat it's big or small n the duty of this PR pratitioner varies. in a hotel u need one, like cossie said in MAS, SIA even a production house.

3.dun worry, i think now PR still not like IT so pack. but it's on the rise. I'm one of them. still i think da vacancy now is still not full. if u are good u can earn more than 10K a month.

This job sounds good ... so this is not that kind of job where you hav to be in the office from 9-5 ... sitting at your desk doing paper work, right? And you gotto meet lotz ppl too. Did I get it right?

Thanks for the info guys ... it helps a lot ...

I hav finally found a field which interest me ... biggrin.gif THANKS!

Er... Maeson,do you have any idea if they take psyc student for this field instead of onli mass com student...??? confused1.gif

Thanks.

This job sounds good ... so this is not that kind of job where you hav to be in the office from 9-5 ... sitting at your desk doing paper work, right?

the more planning you put into your work, the more successfully you can complete your project and meet your goals. sitting at the desk for long hours can help you slowly get used to tolerating the research required for a major project.

i think it was abraham lincoln who said, "if i wish to cut a tree down in half-an-hour, i will spend an hour sharpening the axe.".

operation wise, many people gradually dislike having to work from a desk after some time at work. try to avoid this happening to you as those who gradually spend less time at their desk start screwing up their work. there is a difference between a structural engineer who spends 5 hours a day on his calculations vs one who spends 5 hours a week.

for the PR Exec, you are not selling yourself but your company. thus, prepare to sit at your desk for preparing your company's profile and events. also you will be liasing with people from many trades who are partner with your company. knowing them and their history well is a sign you know your work well and respect the partnership.

whether sit in da office from 9-5. this one i not sure ler.........it's sure u would get to communicate with ppl, either the media, the client and newspaper. u hafta write press release, make appointment with the journalist, n stuff... the list goes on.............

read newspaper in a sense to know is there any article today related to ur client or client's competitor a not n stuff ler.....

i think ur qualification would be fine kua..this one i not sure. hopefully there's someone to answer urs.......

If you want me to sit at my desk from 9-5 doing research then I am fine with it ... I luv to explore new thgs in every field ... but if you want me to sit there waiting for ppl to tell me what to do, assign me work and having the same routine everyday ... then I really cant stand it ... I will definitely quit even if it's a good pay job ... I prefer exposing to new thgs and challenge everyday ... smile.gif

whether sit in da office from 9-5. this one i not sure ler.........it's sure u would get to communicate with ppl, either the media, the client and newspaper. u hafta write press release, make appointment with the journalist, n stuff... the list goes on.............

read newspaper in a sense to know is there any article today related to ur client or client's competitor a not n stuff ler.....

i think ur qualification would be fine kua..this one i not sure. hopefully there's someone to answer urs.......

Thanks for the details Maeson.

Mayb I should try ask around and if I am qualified for the job ...

Thanks for all your help, guys smile.gif

... I prefer exposing to new thgs and challenge everyday ... smile.gif

i'm sure they prefer you learn on the job, cultivate the attitude of being independent and have your own initiative. also if anything goes wrong, you can be blamed. hahaha... oh well, sucks isn't it?

that's a challenge.

i'm sure they prefer you learn on the job, cultivate the attitude of being independent and have your own initiative. also if anything goes wrong, you can be blamed. hahaha... oh well, sucks isn't it?

that's a challenge.

sounds motivated eh ... tongue.gif I will see how will I be doing in the future laughing.gif

all malaysian babes can wan. those who cannot, please go see cavin.

I know my 'dead look' (sei yeung) ... cant sit still. So instead of forcing myself to take up those job that requires me to sit from 9-5 and being unhappy wid it, why not I get a job that suits me. At least even if I encounter any difficulties, I am willing to accept the challenge b/c I like my job ... the point is that I hope to get a job which I really like. not forcing myself to take up that job b/c it's a stable job, good pay etc etc ... I admit, I am selfish. Onli think of myself tongue.gif

1 very good way to find out is: consult our dear Nivac

he is the CCPR director of our future company, which is also the CCPR for this forum smile.gif

Nivac's stress level is quite high these days...*stress*

all malaysian babes can wan. those who cannot, please go see cavin.

Why see me leh??? What u want me to do??

Why see me leh??? What u want me to do??

you mentioned you're a good boss mah. so you'd make a good motivator. besides, you were also mentioned you're looking for a PA. that could be an opportunity for the girl.

you mentioned you're a good boss mah. so you'd make a good motivator. besides, you were also mentioned you're looking for a PA. that could be an opportunity for the girl.

I only think that I'm a good boss...not necessary to be true. Might be different if you are really working under me. Besides, I need a PA, not a CCPR..

I'm really interest in this field.....so that i'm going to choose PR as my major next year (i'm study Pre-U now).....

and i may ask...what is the min qualification?a Diploma or a Degree?

vicky, do u mine to xplain ur last sentence.

which pre-u r u studying? SAM? a-levels? CPU? ????ADP?

wat u meant by min qualification? u mean working or studying? thanks

vicky, do u mine to xplain ur last sentence.

which pre-u r u studying? SAM? a-levels? CPU? ????ADP?

wat u meant by min qualification? u mean working or studying? thanks

oh ok....

my Pre-U study in TARC....

the basic requirement....ah...my english is poor...

PR???? peachgurl... i thought ur studying psychology? eeeeeks... i hate PR... not good at communicating with people.. and err I did my training in PR for 3 weeks in 2003... eeeeeks... a horrible experience because I had a very very extremely moody PR Manager

PR???? peachgurl... i thought ur studying psychology? eeeeeks... i hate PR... not good at communicating with people.. and err I did my training in PR for 3 weeks in 2003... eeeeeks... a horrible experience because I had a very very extremely moody PR Manager

Yupe...I am in psych.But since I am interested in Industrial and organizational psych, I am able to take up jobs from Marketing, HR, and also PR smile.gif

But elle, your experience sounds bad...so u quit after 3 wks?

wow HR... kinda like HR ... quite interesting department to be in tongue.gif

well, i did my industrial training in a hotel and i was placed in PF 4 3 long weeks... suffered there and later i went to other department.. smile.gif well, after thta department... i showed her sulky face as she did to me... i hated her so much that even i walk pass her... i dont have any reaction... for other people i'll either smile or say hi but not not and never to her. I stayed back to help her and she didnt even apprecite me, just scold scold scold... and im not even being paid.

why? so tat u could know more girls