Sign in to follow this  
geraldinelyl

Studied law, Graduated with a LAw degree but does not practise

hey babes..

i just want to know any of the babes here studied law, graduated wif a law degree n does not practise ( did not take CLP) n ventured into sth else...

just wana know wat r the jobs i can do wif a law degree without taking the professional papers.

Please share!~

Edited by geraldinelyl

Friend did this ... her job now ? she is a lecturer and owns a tuition centre with her husband (who is also a law graduate)

another friend did her law degree, graduated n work for abt 2 yrs in the law firm, she was suppose to join the UN as ambassador in July before she passed away.

I was wondering why you did not practise? Ive always wanted to take law so badly. but end up grad in chem engineering, aint my fav field. Yet, parents insist. You are sooooo lucky :crybaby:

There are lots of areas you can venture. I know friends who did research analysis, lecturer, investment banking and yeah just a whole load of other areas. Personally, I do a bit of fashion, bridal events and other jobs part time. It depends on your area of interest. Also, lately I see a few of my friends doing another course; being a legal secretary.

I was wondering why you did not practise? Ive always wanted to take law so badly. but end up grad in chem engineering, aint my fav field. Yet, parents insist. You are sooooo lucky :crybaby:

hey babe, it's not as easy as it seen. Sometimes it takes up few yrs just to get thru the professional paper. Imagine 1000 candidates took the paper n oni 100 passed?

I hv lecturers who have CLP but ended up lecturing due to the "stress"... Not only dat, u don't earn much if you work in a legal firm. You will oni earn $$ if oni u work in a big firm or be a partner of a legal firm.

so it's wise to venture into sth else..

Last time I knew of a girl who got her degree in Law but never practiced it. She ended up doing door to door sales and didn't manage to get a sale in one whole month. That's a bad example, anyway... I guess if you're to change your career type, do it fast, no point to spend time doing something you hate, and then regret for the years spent later.