Sign in to follow this  
pussycatt11

Pearly whites

I just bought a tube of Pearl Drops Whitening toothpaste.Apparently it works wonders.Any of you tried and tested it before? Does it really work?

I've been using this for years...I guess it does help to brighten the teeth and keep stains away. But then again, it's down to how well you brush your teeth and take care of them.

I can't seem to find them in Watsons or Guardians, Kuching. Can anyone help?!

I've been using them for years now too. I don't think they work wonders, they prolly as Cel said, keep stains away but they definitely don't make your teeth white. My teeth aren't white at all, in fact I'm looking for proper teeth whitener treatment like Go Smile or the one they have at the dentists like BriteSmile.

I have been using it a couple of years. it does have the ingredients to whiten the teeth but like Cel said, it's up to how you maintain your oral hygiene. if you're a heavy coffee drinker / smoker, I recommend you to go to see the dentist and scale your teeth every three to six months. :D

Yup I agree..if you really want to whiten your teeth, you should go to the dentist for scaling or polishing...it really whitens. Then you can use Pearl Drops to maintain it.

Hmmmm.....I wonder how much does it cost to get your teeth whitened professionally? A couple of hundred bucks or more?

Hmmmm.....I wonder how much does it cost to get your teeth whitened professionally? A couple of hundred bucks or more?

Not really..I remember scaling/polishing is only about 100 bucks

Not really..I remember scaling/polishing is only about 100 bucks
:blink:So CHEAP ar! I have been asking around (in Kuching) and the charges (i.e. SEVERAL HUNDRED RINGGIT MALAYSIA!!!) depend on how many teeth AND the severity of the "color" wor. I was told a cast of the teeth concerned would be made and a kit would be supplied with it. The dentist would show you how to use both the cast and the kit and, well, something like that. Hmmm.

Edited by ivychiew

Scaling/Polishing is different from whitening. Whitening is definitely way much more expensive. ;)

Whitening is normally between RM900 to RM1,300. There's a dentist in Plaza Damas called Smileshop Dental Clinic that does the whitening Brite Smile system for RM1,200 if I'm not mistaken.

:blush:Oh, my bad there. Soweeeee. Hey, thanks so much for the info and clarification there, weN and imzadi.

Whitening is normally between RM900 to RM1,300. There's a dentist in Plaza Damas called Smileshop Dental Clinic that does the whitening Brite Smile system for RM1,200 if I'm not mistaken.

I’ve passed by that dentist in Plaza Damas. RM1.2k for Sundays only. Usual price – RM1.6k. has anyone tried brite smile whitening system?

I tried Colgate's eons ago. It did nothing <_< in my case. *sigh*

There's also the Go Smile system which seems to be quite popular in the US nowadays. http://www.gosmiledirect.com/

They sell it on strawberry.net too which ships to Malaysia. The whole Go Smile starter kit on strawberry.net costs USD$116.50

Edited by imzadi

Hmmmm. <_< No one has yet to answer if he/she knows where I can get Pearl Drops in Kuching wor. Thought I saw them once in Watson eons ago...

Try avoid coffee and tea (and cigrattes too) for whiter teeth :)

I heard eating strawberries will make ur teeth whiter... I think ordinary toothpaste sold in the market doesnt give much effect.

Try avoid coffee and tea (and cigrattes too) for whiter teeth :)

I heard eating strawberries will make ur teeth whiter... I think ordinary toothpaste sold in the market doesnt give much effect.

:)Thanks. I know ~ both coffee and tea are diuretics. And yes, they do stain the teeth. True, the common toothpaste brands sold in the market does not have much whitening effects unless it is a product specifically meant for such purposes.