Sign in to follow this  
findingtheworld

am i a failure ?

see,the admission to U is only in July & I`ve gone to an interview today & I got a job but unfortunately, i don`t have a car, so therefore need to depend on my father to transport me here & there. When I accept the job already, he said he can`t because the place`s just too far away.

This always happens. I got a job, the time`s not right & my dad can`t bring me there.. so , I`ve stayed at home for God knows how long..from December to now & I`m getting sick of it. All my friend has a job except for me...

Am I a failure for not having a job????

where job?

errrmm...sorrie, i m a singaporean so i dun really know the situation in Malaysia. Nevertheless, i just like to say that if u really like the job, u have to find a way urself bah....that's a test of character too, dun u think so?

thinking tt whether u r a failure or not doesn't help, should think of how to achieve goal, right? :)

ALL THE BEST!!!

I think it's possible to arrange with a taxi/someone for daily transport. You'll have to negotiate the cost though.

errmm...most of my friends don`t drive & i`m sure everyone`s really busy to bring me sumwhere. as far as taxi goes...my parents will kill me. Since I don`t have money already ( that`s why i want to work), I really can`t afford it.

My situation is this...once I got the job, i told my dad and then he scold me cos he really can`t bring me (the route to his office & my mom`s work place clash). Plus, he said 12 hours is too long for a job. I mean, yeah, it`s true. it`s 2 long...& then, he ask me to cancelled it cos he won`t be able to bring me to & forth. Then he said, he`ll give me rm 330 if I do household chores & sometimes go to his office, help him with some paperwork.

Public transportation`s out of the question since there`s not LRT/MONORAIL/TUBE here...frankly, i don`t know how to use a bus (it`s true.. I ride once only with my friend) & waht if I ended somewhere else?

I really want the job but the transportation problem`s helding me back..I thought, since there`s only 2 months to U, it`s not bad waiting at home BUT seeing all my friends have somekind of a job just kills me & it makes me feel like a total failure.....I know some people who don`t even have a job but they don`t think like that..so why me???

Since its only 2 months to Uni and you dont realy HAVE to work. Don't stress yourself out about this. Help yr dad do the odd jobs he is proposing then. You are still young and shouldn't be stressing about this. But after you come out of Uni, you will really need to find your own way around and be more independent be it by bus or any other way.

Don't really get what your problem is. Are you working at the U?

Try consider alternatives:

1. Take a bus. Yes, you havn't take it before but if you have no other choice you have to straighten that lower lip of yours and do what you have to do. Take a test ride for 2 days and while you are there familiarize with the environment and also to see how frequent does it come to the stops. Find where you can eat, buy newspapers, meet your new colleagues. Search for apartments for rent too. Plus after that take the bus ride and see where is the next stop if you miss the stop to your workplace. Then go back with taxi so that you will find out how much does that costs.

2. Talk to your new colleagues and ask them if they have a room to rent or if any of them stay near your place.

3. Open your phonebook of friends and see if you can find someone who works near your place. Work something out with them.

One of these can be your solution.

And stop sulking and seek solutions and not hope for some cute guy in shining armor to pick you up and all your problems vanish. It's dangerous to show the world that you are vulnerable because if you bump to people like me (yes I am not a very nice guy) in the streets it can be really bad. Remember that Sharks are drawn to Blood.

Edited by nygere

i agree with kittycatinlove said... u jus only have another 2 mths more to enter U, why bother so much to have a job at this time??... do u need money anyway???... ur dad is gving u RM 330 per mth ... only do house chores and paperwork... well.. i think ur dad was thinking about ur safety and worried about ur workplace... sounds tat ur workplace is quite far fr the house and it is a 12 hours job!!!! :blink:

Edited by juenlil

If you want something really badly, you'll find a way to get it no matter how impossible it sounds, otherwise, there will be loads of "reasons" to hold you back that you "have no control over". :wink3: Good luck!

Oh, and to answer your question, are you a failure, that actually depends. What is your personal definition of failure?

p.s- I'm guessing that you don't mind having the job but you actually don't want it so badly.

Edited by michellechen

If you want something really badly, you'll find a way to get it no matter how impossible it sounds, otherwise, there will be loads of "reasons" to hold you back that you "have no control over". :wink3: Good luck!

Oh, and to answer your question, are you a failure, that actually depends. What is your personal definition of failure?

p.s- I'm guessing that you don't mind having the job but you actually don't want it so badly.

I would guess that she didn't want to work badly enough but just badly wants not to be left behind by her friends who are working.

Nobody knows how to take buses as soon as they're born. There's always a first time. If you just sit at home and think 'What if I take a bus and end up somewhere else?', that's definitely not going to turn you into someone who knows how to take a bus. Don't blame anyone for you not being able to take up the job because the truth is, you probably don't really want that job that badly anyway.

Ask yourself why do you want that job? For money? To pass time? Because all your friends seem to be doing something while you're not? For work experience? Maybe you will be able to decide if you really want that job by asking yourself that.

Lastly, I don't know what's your point for asking if you're a failure :unsure:

Sorry, I forgot another thing...think for your dad too. He has to work hard and you shouldn't expect him to have to drive you so far away for your work (which isn't even for a really useful purpose). He's now willing to give you some money if you're willing to help out with housework and his work, it's already very nice of him cause he doesn't actually need to pay you to help him out in the first place, right?

lol.. just to make u feel better.. after i finished spm.. i bummed around for 8 months.. not doing anything.. and after colelge i bummed around for another 6 months.. not doing anything.. so if anyone is a failure.. that would be me.. lolz! chill la.. dont think so much.. maybe u can use these 2 months to do things u want to do.. b4 u start uni..

If it's just 2 months forget it la. Go hang out with your friends. You're not a failure just because you are not working. Do like your dad says - help out at home. A lot of girls this generation don't know how to do housework. Even something simple like cooking for someone they love. If you get really bored you could always look me up and borrow some books. I got plenty of books. :P Or come out -- I'll buy you a beer and teach you to shoot some pool. I'll even let you win. :P

Just enjoy the last few moment before you go into the next stage of your life.....

Why rush through it with works? Imagine the rest of your life will be work and work, the only chance for you to get a rest is to quit your job. But by then you will be loaded with burden and you can't simply quit, ie you can't really get a good rest.

Well, it is not really your fault if you can't get transport, that's the government's fault, is not your failure, is government's failure for not able to provide a comprehensive transport system.

All I can say is: Enjoy being jobless! I'm feeling like I'd want to get unemployed now, except I'm a few hundred away from my 10k target still